Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m with neon on the perfect size of chair. Except substitute knitting project for kitty.

The shot before of the trio looks very serious.
I echo the positives already told about chairs that are a little too big for one. I like to sit cross-legged (or with my legs in a number of other weird positions), and such chairs allow for more comfort.

The trio reminded me of the guys we have here announcing government decisions related to the currently ongoing zombie apocalypse. They usually announce stuff in a group of three, with the woman in the middle. Though they are less cool/more 'meh'-looking Tongue
(11-12-2020, 08:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually fond of chairs too big for one and too small for two, they're like nests for me, kitty, a doll and a book. Not sure if action figures would appreciate that...

The action figures will appreciate it now that you've planted the seed of such a brilliant idea.

(11-12-2020, 11:41 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a good chair.

Whenever I try to make a chair, or search online for scale chairs, I'm thinking of those cool leather chairs that you used to have there in the manor house.

What did you replace those with? Have we ever seen a photo of the new ones? Or did you not replace them... so you'd have more space to stack storage tubs full of dolls and plushies?

(11-12-2020, 11:48 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m with neon on the perfect size of chair.  Except substitute knitting project for kitty.

The shot before of the trio looks very serious.

That idea makes a lot of sense! I should have made the arms wider to better balance a snack tray. Or skeins of yarn. I think I could still make that modification. Hmmm....

The military trio are trying very hard to look serious. 

(11-13-2020, 07:11 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I echo the positives already told about chairs that are a little too big for one. I like to sit cross-legged (or with my legs in a number of other weird positions), and such chairs allow for more comfort.

The trio reminded me of the guys we have here announcing government decisions related to the currently ongoing zombie apocalypse. They usually announce stuff in a group of three, with the woman in the middle. Though they are less cool/more 'meh'-looking Tongue

Good point; excellent chair for slouching.

Yeah, we get the same kind of "official" announcements here. I was not consciously thinking of that, but I wonder if it subconsciously influenced the set-up?

Oh... I got excited about responding to comments before realizing I don't have today's photo ready for posting. I'll go take care of that and then come back and edit this post.

EDIT:

[Image: november12.jpg]
12 November – New (to me) Doll! YAY!
New craft paint – YAY!
New hot glue sticks! – YAY!
New box in which to construct a diorama – YAY!
And... new Anglerfish... for a dollar? – ÜBER-YAY!

I do not recall seeing a toy deep-sea anglerfish before.
Hahaha, that's a fun-looking fish. Is s/he for an aquarium in the dollie dungeon or are you going to construct an underwater diorama?
She looks like she's going to feed fishie those glue sticks, and it looks like fishie is hungry.
I agree that the chair looks an OK size for the figure. They do make big lounge chairs. I bet it will look fine.

(11-12-2020, 08:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually fond of chairs too big for one and too small for two, they're like nests for me, kitty, a doll and a book. Not sure if action figures would appreciate that...
Me too. And, probably only when no one's watching them.
Squeeee! An anglerfish! While I adore this version of Rochelle (and also Rochelle in general. Her Signature version was the cause of my MH-collection. And probably also my habit of collecting dolls, TBH), I'm also a massive fish-fan (and yeah, I have a special fondness for these weirdos. I always had <3 ), so I honestly cannot decide which one I like more out of these two. I'll probably side with the anglerfish for now (sorry Rochelle), because I do have this version of Rochelle, but I don't have an anglerfish. I'd snatch one up for a dollar anytime - great find!

I'm also looking forward to see what you'll construct from the box (especially seeing all that pink (-ish red?) paint. Are the tubes really both contain the same colour, or is it just the packaging?).
Yay for Rochelle! I love the FdC release. And.... ANGLERFISH!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
That anglerfish look amazing! So does Rochelle - I need to see about getting that particular one actually.

Re: the chairs. We did replace them - the couch as well - with Laz-E-Boy reclincers and couch. I've taken pictures in front of them, but nothing of them. Hmm, I will work on that!
With the light shining at that angle, the hot glue sticks are taking a bit of a neon tint from Rochelle, with the anglerfish there it reminds me of white sea anemones or something! It looks really cool
That fish is pretty awesome! And a bargain!
Never been able to look at anglerfish the same way after reading Into the Rolling Deep.
(11-13-2020, 11:21 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Re: the chairs. We did replace them - the couch as well - with Laz-E-Boy reclincers and couch. I've taken pictures in front of them, but nothing of  them. Hmm, I will work on that!

Those reclining sofas are incredibly comfortable! Wish I had one!

(11-14-2020, 12:59 AM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]With the light shining at that angle, the hot glue sticks are taking a bit of a neon tint from Rochelle, with the anglerfish there it reminds me of white sea anemones or something! 

You're right, the glue sticks do look a bit like a translucent anemone.

Got busy doing stuff, some of which was actually fun, like painting miniature furniture, and some of which was probably good for me, like cancelling all my Instagram accounts.
So Fashion Switch Carly steps in for another save!

[Image: november13.jpg]
13 November – Carly Helps with the Painting
The Rochelle is cute, and the anglerfish is a great find for a dollar.

Painting miniature furniture sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon.
Carly should get some prize at the end of the year.

I've been pondering what to do with my IG accounts for a while now. I'm in no mood for posting on them, but for now, I'm keeping them for stalking purposes, there are people whose photos I absolutely love. Never read any comments, though, to avoid even the slightest hints of drama.
Carly is always a good save.
(11-14-2020, 08:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Carly should get some prize at the end of the year.
At least an official badge and title of Morale Officer.
I don’t use IG either. I “had” to sign up to follow a small handful of accounts, but it isn’t really “following” as much as infrequently peeking to see if they posted anything.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this finished furniture!