Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is that Triv or Janie sitting next to her? I know Smart Dolls are larger, but that really puts it in perspective.
The plastic bag pic looks like some bizarre story is unfolding... As does the one with the enormous-looking smart doll. The latter looks like something you could introduce as "art" with an appropriate blurb full of big words about juxtaposition of existential whatchamacollit, and have lots of people raving about your insight LOL

That's a fun selfie. "Take a hike day" sounds great. If only we didn't have ticks.... sad
If you saw the mess that is my room right now (and my kitchen counter, for that matter), you'd feel much better! You're not alone! But in my ex%perience, chaos can bring things into existence in its own way, one that cannot arise from order, and sometimes, those things are actually pretty good!
(11-19-2020, 08:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If you saw the mess that is my room right now (and my kitchen counter, for that matter), you'd feel much better! You're not alone! But in my ex%perience, chaos can bring things into existence in its own way, one that cannot arise from order, and sometimes, those things are actually pretty good!
I'll join in to this. Believe me, you don't want to see the mess that's going on over here... Tongue

Wow, I know Smart Dolls are huge (which is the lucky reason for me being uninterested in them. I wish they were J-doll-size - though my wallet violently disagrees), but that picture just puts them into another perspective!
(the positioning of that chainsaw really creeps me out >_<)
(11-19-2020, 10:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: november18.jpg]
18 November – Clutter, Chaos, and Entropy are Winning!
Oh well... let's knock off for tonight, have a Coke, and tackle it again tomorrow!

I find that if I just pick my camera up and take a couple of photos without setting anything up, with a mountain of stuff in the background that I don't want in a photo, the dolls are looking at the camera and the shots look really good - except for the stuff in the background.

If I clear the background and try and retake it - nothing photographs like I want it to!  Its very frustrating.  I guess I should tidy more often.  (Noooooooooo)
(11-19-2020, 08:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]If you saw the mess that is my room right now (and my kitchen counter, for that matter), you'd feel much better!

Show us! Enquiring minds want to know!  LOL

(11-19-2020, 11:23 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Believe me, you don't want to see the mess that's going on over here....

Yes we do!  yay

[Image: november19.jpg]
19 November – Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki (The Return version)

Left: Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki, The Return - original Dynamite Girls jointed body
Right: Integrity Toys Dynamite Girls Spooky Sooki, The Return - TBLeague S09C seamless body
Double trouble there.
Are they hard to rebody? I wonder if J-Dolls are the only ones that you actually have to cut their heads open.
(11-20-2020, 03:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Are they hard to rebody?  I wonder if J-Dolls are the only ones that you actually have to cut their heads open.

I employed the werepuppy method: grab the head and give it a yank, then chortle with glee as the head pops off!

LOL
They're both gorgeous! Can the bodies share clothes, or are they too different in size?
There is a certain therapy to yanking heads off dolls. LOL

LOVE that doodle, its so cute, the boots especially.

Wow the integrity toys dolls are very pretty. Love their faces.
They both look very good!
(11-20-2020, 07:26 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Can the bodies share clothes, or are they too different in size?

Too much size difference, unfortunately.

[Image: nov20.jpg]
20 November – Sneak Preview
Ooh back to the spookty stuff!
She opened that package!!! Right? Right?!
Ooh, a spooky pic.