Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The jacket for the bottom one looks very interesting.

And that’s a neat idea to I D photos for everyone.
You can make even supposedly plain things like ID photos look properly Dungeon-y! Will you show us the completed IDs?
I agree with others in that the poor guy looks tired and the girl like she's had enough - I wonder how many times the pictures had to be taken before they were deemed OK (or, rather, "OK, we stop here, it's not getting better" Tongue ).
I'd also love to see the ID cards ^^
(11-23-2020, 12:21 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Has entropy decided to materialise elsewhere since, or have these pictures been taken before disorder took over the girls' room?

The Entropy has been unceremoniously swept in to a cardboard box and is now sitting on the floor in a corner.

(11-23-2020, 08:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Will you show us the completed IDs?

Well... they're supposedly "top secret," but you have the wily ways of a master spy, so I suspect you will ultimately get a glimpse of the I.D. cards, yes.

(11-24-2020, 07:01 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many times the pictures had to be taken before they were deemed OK (or, rather, "OK, we stop here, it's not getting better" Tongue ).

That is exactly how events unfolded!  LOL

[Image: november23a.jpg]
23 November – Arabella "Ari" Carter, older sister of Toni Carter
(TBLeague S37 figure)

And... another theatre marquee:

[Image: november23b.jpg]
Whoever does those movie titles has a great sense of humour.
Ari looks lovely.

The movie title gains a giggle.
Ari is adorable. That is a Pullip dress she's wearing, right? Does this mean that the TBLeague bodies can wear Pullip stock, or is it just this dress being looser than usual? I thought these bodies are somewhat buffer than the thin-as-a-stick Pullip stock bodies.
(11-25-2020, 05:40 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]That is a Pullip dress she's wearing, right? Does this mean that the TBLeague bodies can wear Pullip stock, or is it just this dress being looser than usual?

Good eye! That is the dress from Pullip Lala.
The dress fits more loosely than most, and this particular body (S36-S37 models) is much more slim than the standard TBLeague bodies. Some Pullip and Barbie outfits will fit the S36/S37, and also the petite S26/S27.

[Image: november24.jpg]
24 November – Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence reminds us
that today is International Sardine Day
(And Doodle Tuesday!)

Uhm... why is this dolly reminding us about Sardine Day, rather than, say, Lagoona Blue or that ichthyologist character, Toni? Something fishy is going on here!
I thought the dress looked familiar!
Very good fish doodle. Gwedolyn is on a different body than Ari, right? She looks much less skinny and her knees are very realistic.
The marquee reminds me of that restaurant that's gone viral with all its funny signs.
I’m surprised that there is such a thing as sardine day.
Can't comment on Arabella when she's staring at me like that... The movie title is awesome and the sardine doodle is pure gold! I'm curious as to what is the reason for the fishiness...
Ooh, good doodle.
Look at that cute fish! Squee! Another animal with which you can buy me anytime! I've always adored fish, but I also have a special fondness for them because I grew up with them - with my sister being allergic to most animals, fish were one of the few I could keep as pets without unintentionally hurting her. Some of them stayed with me for almost 20 years! I still miss keeping fish, but they wouldn't feel good living with me in the current circumstances - which is also the reason why I don't have any other pets either, even though I really waited to be able to have pets without hurting someone living in the same household.

I'm only partially surprised by International Sardine Da being a thing. Yes, it's weird, but there are weirder... back in the days when we worked in the office and paper-based free info magazines were distributed in clubs and restaurants (eww, this sounded awful), there used to be one flyer magazine that always contained a page listing such days for the actual month. With my colleague sitting next to me we have gotten into the habit of checking this each month, and we laughed until we cried over some of the weird days that were listed there. Sometimes it was the pure weirdness of the actual day, sometimes it was the morbid combination of more serious (like war memorial or awareness days) and more random (like... crush a can day? (I didn't just invent this, there's a day for that)) days following one another, or even falling on the same day.

You are either very good at taking pictures that make me think of something totally different until I see them in full - or I am tired Tongue This time, when I only scrolled halfway down, my first thought was "oh wow, she's sitting on a swing that has partially invisible chains" - and then I scrolled further down and realised what I believed to be a swing seat is actually a box top, and is in no connection with the chains whatsoever grin
(11-23-2020, 01:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I never see people post pics of their Amelia, she is so rare.

A certain member of this forum seemed to corner the market on Amelia's, that may be why you rarely see pictures of them.

(11-23-2020, 04:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-23-2020, 03:49 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I presume the person that helped design her, right? 

Not the designer, hint: their name begins and ends with d.

(11-26-2020, 08:17 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I never see people post pics of their Amelia, she is so rare.
This calls for pictures of a certain Escadrille! Khm-khm Tongue
LOL    LOL    LOL

[Image: november25a.jpg]
25 November – Is It A(nother) Present?
"What is it?"
"Yes! What is it?"
"It looks like... a box!"
"It's a box! A big colorful box!"
"A big, colorful box? That sounds like..."
"A present!"
"A present?"
"Yes! It's a present!"
"It's a present! A big, colorful present!"
"What kind of present?"
"A big, colorful present!"
"C'mon, we're not total idiots! Like, is it a Christmas present?"

[Image: november25b.jpg]
"It's too early for Christmas!"
"Maybe it's from last Christmas!"
"Christmas past?"
"If it's from Christmas past, then it can't be a present!"
" . . ."
" . . ."
"That... almost makes sense. I think."
"Maybe we ARE idiots!"

[Image: november25c.jpg]
"Didn't you all do this 'present' thing once before?"
"What do you mean by 'you?'"
"You are One of Us, too!"
"So you should say 'we,' not 'you!'"
"'Wee' means tiny!"
"Maybe this is a tiny present!"
"It looks like a big present!"
"A big, colorful present!"
"A big, colorful not-Christmas..."

"STOP!"

I'm tired. We'll try to finish this later.

(The nonsense started HERE: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262063&pid=8244696#pid8244696 )

(And then it went HERE: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262063&pid=8244727#pid8244727 )

(And continued HERE: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262063&pid=8244750#pid8244750 )

(And finally stopped HERE: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262063&pid=8244811#pid8244811 )
They still haven’t learned to read, I see.