Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone else had a beach trip!
A beach trip too! we didn't get driftwood - except the falling-down pier at the place I went paddling.

was the plush unicorn a good guardian of the cash-machine? Deceptively scary?

I wouldn't stay at a Motel called Bates either Triv!
Good to see you back!

Beautiful beach adventure! And the pic with Addie and Janie is too funny.

Did you see anything... interesting in the motel?
(12-08-2020, 09:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see anything... interesting in the motel?

I deferred to Triv's wisdom and did not stay at that particular hotel.

[Image: december8.jpg]
8 December – Vampirella offers a colorful steam traction engine for Doodle Tuesday
That wouldn’t have been an interest I associate Vampirella with.
Nice to see that she’s got very eclectic interests!
I'm failing to make a connection between Vampirella and the steam engine. But it did make me think of something like a steampunk / gaslamp fantasy version of Geneva International Motor Show with totally overpowered supernatural booth babes... What a weird idea to have...
So, she like steam engines, then.
It's hard for me to focus on either the doodle or the fact that this seems to be an unex-pected interest for Vampirella while she's wearing such a dress piece of garment (I don't think I'd call that amount of fabric dress Tongue ). I guess people are right when they say I can be conservative in ways...
She must have felt hot and steamy? That could ex-plain both the doodle and her choice of outfit Tongue Maybe it's actually the hot&steaminess that they have in common, resulting in her showing interest in steam engines?

Welcome back - to both you and Triv! It was lovely to see her beach adventures (and I'm happy you didn't stay in that motel after all!). That driftwood looks cool, I would have climbed it myself. Your posing is still excellent, she really looks like a person rather than a doll (I know, I know, the right term is action figure! Tongue ) in those pics!
(12-09-2020, 09:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm failing to make a connection between Vampirella and the steam engine. But it did make me think of something like a steampunk / gaslamp fantasy version of Geneva International Motor Show with totally overpowered supernatural booth babes... What a weird idea to have...

You won't be surprised to learn, I'm sure, that something along those lines was actually produced several years ago: a steampunk Vampirella graphic novel.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...vNwp-L.jpg

(12-09-2020, 10:38 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]So, she like steam engines, then.

Or poor drawings of steam engines, yes. It's probably one of those hipster irony things.

(12-10-2020, 09:30 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Your posing is still excellent, she really looks like a person rather than a doll (I know, I know, the right term is action figure! Tongue ) in those pics!

Yes, all of my "dolls" are "action figures."  Tongue

Does a screencap count for A Doll A Day? Sure, why not:

[Image: december9.jpg]
9 December – An Offer You Can't Refuse

Five bucks for a new-in-box circa 1990 Playing Mantis Dr. Evil figure? You can't beat that with a stick!
Yaaay! I can't wait for him to make an appearance in the Dungeon!
Congrats
[Image: december10.jpg]
10 December – It's been a while

I've been looking for budget Bratzillaz Yasmina for a number of months. She finally turned up today, stashed away in a storage tub in which she had no business being that was hidden behind several other tubs.
Storage-tub-hair don't care. She does kinda look like she's been sleeping quite a while. Or maybe not sleeping enough. And kind of like what I look like when I have to get up too early xp
These eBay "private offers" are something new. It must be automated if you are watching an item. I've never seen that big a discount. I think I got an offer for a dollar off something LOL
(12-11-2020, 03:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Storage-tub-hair don't care. She does kinda look like she's been sleeping quite a while. Or maybe not sleeping enough. And kind of like what I look like when I have to get up too early xp
These eBay "private offers" are something new. It must be automated if you are watching an item. I've never seen that big a discount. I think I got an offer for a dollar off something LOL
I've just tried my hands at putting up a few things for sale on EvilBay (I've only ever sold there 2 or 3 times, and that was years ago), and while there *might* be an automated option, what I'm seeing so far is that the offer is something that you can send if you have watchers, and you can just write&send whatever amount you want the buyers to receive. Maybe the seller just wanted the figure gone (I hope this is the case, and not a typo!). I can't wait to see him arrive home in the dungeon!

And I must say, I love the name Playing Mantis! Such a clever one!

I wish my hair looked like Yasmina's when I wake up in the morning! Mine is sticking up and has a volume that I dislike, I wish it laid flat and smooth like hers does smile Her pants do look somewhat like PJs, and she herself sleepy smile I'm happy you finally managed to locate her - I swear some things have the ability to magically teleport from one place to another (and Yasmina does attend a magic school, doesn't she?), making it then super-difficult for you to locate them. I had that happen to me several times, and right now I also have dolls and things that are MIA in a similar manner. These too must be just in other places and boxes, but which to look at when all the logical ones have already been checked?! Aaaarghh, the frustration...