Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What an interesting character! I'd have guessed she was an alien.

Ooh, I sympathize, Loona. A moment of inattention and you can completely circumvent G.O.N.E. by losing stuff your own self!! I can't count how many times I've rampaged through the house swearing my head off because something has disappeared into the clutter!
Mindfulness is important. I'm working on it. Taking mental snapshots when I put things somewhere & trying to pay more attention to what I'm doing. I think I'm getting a little better.
Purple and shiny! She looks so cute in the snow!

Does she shed glitter?
She stands out surprisingly well against the snow.
Aaah, I love this doll! Every now and then I come across her, and I want to get her immediately, because she is this lovely cool shade of purple, and shiny - but then, after sleeping over it, with a clear mind I decide against it, because of her poor nonexistent articulation :/ Probably seeing her IRL will finally settle it for me one day. What size is she compared to a Barbie (or any doll we know a bit better)? That's something I always seem to forget.
She looks wonderful in the snow!
(12-14-2020, 07:59 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Does she shed glitter?

Copiously!  LOL

(12-15-2020, 07:14 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]What size is she compared to a Barbie (or any doll we know a bit better)? That's something I always seem to forget.

The Flairies (there are three of them, Shim'R, Glim'R, and Shin'E) are petite and stand about 9 inches (23cm) tall.

[Image: december14.jpg]
14 December – MGAE Hi:Glamm Kit doll
That's a neat setting. I bet it took a lot of work to put together.
I wonder what the people who thought Barbie's proportions were unrealistic would say about this girl LOL
Those are some legs! Maybe there are stilts hidden under the socks/ boots?

That is a cool set/ room!
Long-leggedy beastie! I completely forgot these existed, nice to be reminded of them! And her v-shaped fringe looks badass!
I know Hi:Glamm did the long legged thing, but there was another line that did it, I think? Ah, yes, I'm thinking of Habsro's Leggy
(12-15-2020, 08:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]And her v-shaped fringe looks badass!

I know, right? Unfortunately, I cannot find a different body that will work with this head.

[Image: december15.jpg]
15 December – "I apologize; I should not have said the 'Enterprise' should be hauling garbage;
"It should be hauled away as garbage!"
Mego 'Star Trek' Action Figures - Klingon Commander and Mr. Scott
For Doodle Tuesday
LOL I don't know the context, but I laughed!
Oh, wow, I forgot Mego had a Star Trek license back in the day.
I love your Hi:Glamm Kit! She's one of my *very* few who are still in box - I purchased her online (another line that never made it here), and upon arrival I wasn't sure I liked her face-up enough. She has however, sold out by then. I tried to look for another doll, but the interest (or rather the intensity) slowly died away, and Kit remained in box. I'm still not sure what to do about her - I do want her, I'm just not sure I want the doll I currently own.

Klingon Commander's smirk is priceless! I'm not very familiar with Star Trek, but based on pics it looks pretty accurately done.
(12-16-2020, 09:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the context, but I laughed!

It's a line from The Trouble with Tribbles, possibly the single best episode of the original Star Trek television series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppt8OWaHg5c

[Image: december16.jpg]
16 December – Dejected Army Guy

When I walked in to where I had a diorama scene set up a few days ago, the figure was sitting like this. I guess the hopelessness is overtaking us all, even the toys and dolls.
My goodness, Klingons have certainly changed over the years, haven't they! LOL
"The most powerful force in the universe is hope"... or so they say. I hope you and the crew find some.