Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a safe travel!

Also the balloon drawing is so much fun!
Have fun on the next bout of travel.

And excellent work of fixing the arm, much more elegant than masking tape.
[Image: february23a.jpg]

[Image: february23b.jpg]
23 February - "Looks like we're back, huh?"

Playing with ketchup... or, I mean, playing catch-up:

[Image: february20.jpg]
20 February - Visiting Home
"There used to be a tree here!"
"Yeah! This is where Little Davidd played with little cars for hours and hours!"
"We weren't around yet, huh?"
"No, we weren't around yet. I don't think he was playing with dolls back then, anyway!"
"We're not dolls, we're action figures!"

[Image: february21a.jpg]
21 February - Visiting Home
"Little Davidd used to climb this tree! In fact, when he was really little, he could sit in that
notch that's barely big enough for a Pinky Street girl!"

[Image: february21b.jpg]
"Little Davidd's crazy little brother would climb clear to the top of this tree and sway in the branches"
"That kid was nuts! He always got down safely, though!"

[Image: february22.jpg]
22 February - Visiting Home
"Davidd's mom has had this little blue table and chair set since she was
a little girl, scarcely larger than a Smart Doll herself!"

Addie (Smart Doll Cocoa Mirai) is my first 'Traveling Smart Doll.' Unfortunately, this trip was so busy and hectic that she did not get out much. Or at all. This is her only photo from this trip. But she broke the ice, so to speak, so maybe next time there will be more photos and more fun!
And they’re home again.
More ketchup – 19 February – A Doll A Day 2020:

[Image: sd18.jpg]

[Image: sd19.jpg]

[Image: sd20.jpg]

[Image: sd21.jpg]
Yay, welcome back! We missed you. I hope your trip went well. What a fun little tour of your childhood places. And maybe I need to consider building a new structure rather than decluttering the old one… Ha ha!
Aaaaah! So many photos to comment on!

I love them all, the Pinky ones, the Smart Doll ones, but especially the looks-like-we're-back sequence. And that tiny blue chair is adorable!
Welcome back. I love the settings in the Pinky photos - and the chair that's just a bit bigger than a Smart Doll. I hope you enjoyed your trip, and your travelling companions have many stories to tell.

Also, again, I find myself saying "well, there's logic there..." LOL.
The Pinkys' ex.pressions perfectly capture that, "Ugh, back to snow," feeling!
Thanks, gang! Good to be back!

[Image: february24a.jpg]
24 February – Wild Hearts Crew on the Clearance Aisle at Walmart

Bonus Walmart pic:

[Image: february24b.jpg]
The Return of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe... slightly downsized

The photo of the Wild Hearts Crew figures on the clearance aisle is slightly misleading. It was not all of the Wild Hearts figures who were on clearance, just Cori Cruize!

OMG! Racial discrimination!

No, it was not discrimination. It was a matter of overstock. All of the Wild Hearts figures were represented on the regular toy aisle; as always, the entire shelf was full, front to back, with approximately equal representation of each character. Perhaps this means the figures are extremely popular so they keep the shelves full.

Yeah, right.

So if you wanted to pay full price ($12.99 instead of the not-very-reduced $11.00 clearance price) for Cori, you could do so.

As for the Masters of the Universe mini figs, it appears they are very popular. The display box was nearly empty. I only saw the three figures seen here, He-Man, Skeletor, and Evil Lyn. 

I see online that this series of figures was introduced last year, and that these are the second wave figures. I've never seen them before. Good to know that a line of toys from the early 1980s can find a new audience in the 2020s.
Ha ha, “clearance“ is $2 difference? xp
Is there a reboot cartoon for the other figures to boost their popularity?
what a fun tour of where you grew up. The blue chair with Addie is very nice, I hope she will be able to do more travelling soon.

And the Pinkies look fed up with being back to the snow.
Okay, the pastel-colored Skeletor is totes adorbz!

And He-Man's sword (or whatever it is...) is pink! Pink actually used to be men's color, so He-Man (gosh, what a name) here is showing some serious ex³pertise in history!
Wild Hearts Crew is still to appear outside the US... Which is a shame, 'cause as quickly as this line was put together? I do like the look of a few of them - Cori there being one of the ones I do really like.

From what I understand, He-Man has always come and gone from the shelves. There hasn't been a new cartoon of that recentl, though, but rather a reboot of She-Ra that airs on Netflix. The reboot is pretty good, actually. Also Neon brings up a good thing about the pink having been a men's colour. It was because it was seen as a diluted form of red, the colour of blood. Likewise, blood was a feminine colour due to religious links with the Virgin Mary. That changed around the Second World War.
[Image: february25.jpg]
25 February – Doodle Tuesday
Pullip Laura has never been to Hawaii, but based on stories she hears from Lala and Neo Noir, who lived there,
she often imagines what it must have been like, and hopes to visit there someday.