Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She could be a Bond villainess, they often seem to dress eccentrically.
(01-04-2020, 09:24 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
I need to find some full-length stockings. The flirty mid-calf height stockings detract somewhat from the professional appearance for which she is striving.
Maybe, but she looks Very Serious to make up for it.
She does look very serious there, but I do agree with the height of the stockings being a distraction to the overall look.
Ooooh, what a cool beauty! Did you name her after Nellie Bly (the papers she's holding made me think of that)?
Nellie does appear to be very smart, is the roll of paper important in some way? Her graduation? Or perhaps she's an old school journalist.
(01-04-2020, 09:30 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]She could be a Bond villainess, they often seem to dress eccentrically.

Partly as a result of your diabolical influence, Nellie has, indeed, chosen to pursue a career as an arch super-fiend. I hope you are pleased with yourself.  yay

(01-04-2020, 10:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, but she looks Very Serious to make up for it.

Nellie is quite adept at looking Very. Serious.

(01-04-2020, 02:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She does look very serious there, but I do agree with the height of the stockings being a distraction to the overall look.

The stockings will be replaced. I have a suitable pair, but they are currently on another figure who will present a bit of a challenge to undress. In the meantime, I have come up with a workaround, which will be revealed in a few days, after I find another few items with which to accessorize.

(01-04-2020, 07:59 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ooooh, what a cool beauty! Did you name her after Nellie Bly (the papers she's holding made me think of that)?

I thought about globe-trotting girl reporter Nellie Bly, in fact, while I was coming up with the name. But "Nellie" is actually a shortened form of "Danielle." If you call her "Danni" she will ignore you the first time, and likely give in to her villainous instincts if you repeat the offense. One might argue that "Danni" sounds more intimidating, at least marginally, than "Nellie;" nevertheless, she chose "Nellie" as the acceptable diminutive, and I am certainly not about to argue.

(01-04-2020, 11:03 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Nellie does appear to be very smart, is the roll of paper important in some way? 

I think she might be training a puppy. "No, Spot, no! Bad dog!"

[Image: january4.jpg]
4 January – Pullip Eos

She reclaimed her hat from that Smart Doll.

(Photo inspired by an image neon_jellyfish posted to Instagram earlier today.)
Very vintage movie-y.
I love Eos in all her various guises. Something about a girl with a steampunk monocle that appeals to me.
She looks great - the steampunk dolls always do though.
More fearless adventurers! Yaay! I'm glad my pic inspired you to play with your girl and that we got this awesome photo because of it!
Pullip Eos looks amazing - so steam punk.
[Image: january5.jpg]
5 January – Speedo Steel ("That's 'MISTER Steel' to you!") Inspects a Construction Project
Mister Steel has very discerning standards when it comes to venues in which he will appear.

Speedo Steel is famous. (Much of his fame unfolds in the captions and comments accompanying the photos.)
Haha. Nice that you have another helper for the next project. I find myself wondering what would happen if he & the Smart Dolls ended up working together... LOL
He looks like he breaks things, rather than fixing or building them.
I have a feeling that 2020's iteration of your Pork Tenderloin a Day is going to be totally rad LOL