Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The possum story is really funny -- although I bet it wasn't at the time!
I'm still curious what happened to the owl.
What an amazing view! Wide open spaces!
(06-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still curious what happened to the owl.

The owl got a wing caught in a narrow space on the roof of one of the neighbor's vacation rental units. The wing was twisted around at an odd angle and had some blood on it. When we managed to get the wing released, the owl tried to fly but fell to the ground. At first it did not look good, sprawled on the ground gasping for breath. But after a few minutes it seemed to regain strength, stood up, and we were able to gently coax it in to a large cardboard box. At first it was completely dragging the wing, but once in the box it began to draw the wing closer to its body.

The neighbor drove the owl to an animal rehab center about an hour away. The owl was alert and active by the time they got there. The rehab center people were not initially sure if the wing was broken, but they said the owl looked good overall and they were optimistic about being able to patch it up.
I hope the owl gets better. It was lucky you were there to help it out.
The color plans in this photo!!!!!

I hope today will be more relaxing!
Oh the colours in that photo are so wonderful, it's just a beautiful view
[Image: june17a.jpg]
17 June – Time is Running Out for the Wild Hearts Crew

The Wild Hearts Crew are now relegated to the bottom shelf of one section of the doll aisle, beneath three shelves of Sparkle Girlz. No Rallee or Kenna.

Meanwhile, out in the Walmart parking lot:

[Image: june17b.jpg]
That’s just as cool as spotting a Jurassic Park Jeep at the local tiny shopping mall!

But my sister beat me in coolness stakes as she saw the Batmobile at the local Maccas drive through the same week LOL
Sad to see WHC die out after just one wave.

Ha, cool! You couldn't do that in Czech Republic.
I didn't really like WHC would last long - way too quickly put together and out - but it's still a shame to see they didn't even make a second wave. Or indeed, outside of this one chain of stores in the US.

Ha! That is a cool plate.
Haha, wut...? LOL
Now that they’ve done away with the front license plate requirement in this province, (which, insert long rant, I disagree with because as a cyclist that’s one less chance to see who came up too close behind and ran you off the road)... maybe I should get one that says “PTFCo” xp

I bet there are quite a few lines of dolls that have been relegated to bottom shelves over the years… Too much competition all around I guess.
(06-19-2020, 03:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, wut...?  LOL
Now that they’ve done away with the front license plate requirement in this province, (which, insert long rant, I disagree with because as a cyclist that’s one less chance to see who came up too close behind and ran you off the road)... maybe I should get one that says “PTFCo”  xp

I bet there are quite a few lines of dolls that have been relegated to bottom shelves over the years… Too much competition all around I guess.

With a pic of Sunsette on the plate!
[Image: june18.jpg]
18 June – "Seriously? I mean, middle of June?"
You haven’t move down under, have you?
Again, LOL WUT???
Oh man, I feel for you. It was 27C in the sun today… Finally finally the right temperature. I love her ex-pression; it’s perfect for this photo. She looks utterly bewildered and betrayed by the universe.

I need to stop looking at this on my phone and missing things on the tiny screen. Ouch, poor owl. But awesome that the neighbour was willing to make that long drive to help it. I enjoy hearing stories about people who are willing to do stuff like this. Hope it will be OK.

(06-19-2020, 07:37 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]With a pic of Sunsette on the plate!
xp LOL
Squee, Pinky Snowman! So cute! Sucks that you got to make him now, though.