Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like Elfy, the clutter at our place stresses me out sometimes. But I have hoarding tendencies, so fund it hard to throw stuff out.

I hope Kenna is okay!
(08-11-2020, 10:06 PM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I too hope that Kenna also managed to get out alive, it worries me a tiny bit that you didn't mention her in the after-section.
. . .
I swear that if our future flat comes with one, I'll personally tear it down with an axe, burn it, and record the whole process on video. The issue is: they usually add to a flat's cost, so I'd technically pay extra 4-digits for a steam-releasing exercise.

Poor Kenna was actually out there all alone! I'd forgotten that I must have taken her out to the shed for a photo-shoot. Poor thing was traumatized!
But she seems to be okay now that she's back inside with her friends and associates... even if it means spending time in a plastic storage tub for now.

I used a pry bar and a hammer!  yay In addition to not dropping the heavy beams on anything important, I managed to salvage most of the lumber so I can re-use it.

There were a few practical reasons for removing the loft:
It was not easily accessible.
It did not offer enough headroom to easily move about.
The curve of the roofline limited the functional space.
IT WAS ESSENTIALLY A MOUSE PLAYGROUND!

With the loft gone, I will have much more wall space... so I can stack my storage tubs even higher!  LOL
(08-11-2020, 03:57 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve felt like Kenna at times.

More often than I care to admit, I look around, throw my hands in the air... and walk away.

(08-11-2020, 06:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on de-lofting the shed! Is Kenna still alive?

De-lofting is going more or less according to plan thus far, more through luck than anything else. I was not certain, for example, if the loft cross members were structurally integral to the shed; that is, might the walls either fall inward or collapse outward now that those horizontal ties are removed? If so, I hope it doesn't happen right away. I plan to replace the horizontal beams with new ones situated higher. Of course, "plan to" and "do" are completely different, and often unrelated, concepts.

Kenna survived. She's still a bit shell-shocked, but she's on the mend.

(08-11-2020, 08:55 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on getting the job sucessfully done. Does Kenna feel better now?

Kenna appears to be much relieved. The whimpering and shaking have subsided. As for success, well, yes, Phase One was successful.

(08-11-2020, 10:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Like Elfy, the clutter at our place stresses me out sometimes.  But I have hoarding tendencies, so find it hard to throw stuff out.

As the piles of styrofoam packing material illustrate, I, too, have hoarding tendencies. Anything that has an odd or interesting shape or texture that "looks like it could be something" tends to get stashed rather than trashed.

ADAD2020 - 11 AUGUST - DOODLE TUESDAY:

It's another Two-Fer to make up for last week!

[Image: august11a.jpg]
A parcel has arrived in the post! Amelia, Amelia, and the rest of the Ameliæ Escadrille
are certain they know what it contains! Or at least, they hope it does!

[Image: august11b.jpg]
Laura, Lala, and the rest of the Pullip crew have different ex-pectations for the contents of the parcel.
(Lala coloured in the eyes; can you tell?)
So, the Amelia’s want a horse, but everyone else thinks it’s another ‘one of us’?
I love the dark circles under pony's eyes!

As for what's in the package... Yeah, I bet on another Amelia.
I have to agree with Laura and Lala, it's another Amelia.

Though the pony is fantastic and makes me wish it was one...
LOL, these two pictures say it all! The poor girls seem like they would love anything but another sibling at this point grin That said, I'm also betting on another Amelia :3 We need an updated family portrait! LOL
Agree that the clutter looks like it has the potential for something interesting. I like that we're just seeing bits of the tentacles & not the whole creature... makes it a mystery.
Wow, I would've moved the stuff before trying to get the loft out, but... that would've probably been a bigger job, right?
Another vote for the likelihood of another Amelia. LOL

(08-11-2020, 03:57 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve felt like Kenna at times.
(08-12-2020, 02:32 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]More often than I care to admit, I look around, throw my hands in the air... and walk away.
All The Time.
Cry
(08-13-2020, 03:21 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I would've moved the stuff before trying to get the loft out, but... that would've probably been a bigger job, right?

Much bigger job. And nowhere to move the stuff to. So I shifted it back and forth so I could squeeze in where I needed to be to pry things apart. It was very Laurel & Hardy style. "Another fine mess...."

[Image: august12.jpg]
12 August – What's In The Box?

There were no surprises in the box, per se; the surprise was... what were they doing in a cardboard box rather than in a plastic storage tub? I do not even remember moving these Monster High dolls (and three or four Bratz at the bottom) in to this cardboard box, but I must have done so relatively recently. I probably got desperate for a plastic tub for some other purpose, and then the cardboard box got buried underneath other clutter and I forgot all about it.

First Wave Signature Cleo in her stock outfit is probably the most interesting figure in here. Those "paper dolls" of Lagoona were the packaging from the School Scream Team costume set, which I believe was the first separate fashion set released for Monster High. The display packaging was more interesting than the actual costumes. I should have kept them mint-in-package. The Scream Team uniform sets show up on eBay once in a while, but the Lagoona version seems to be in higher demand and brings close to a hundred dollars (USD) in unopened condition. Ah well, it would have been challenging to keep the packaging all minty-fresh for nearly a decade.

Anyway, after snapping this pic I moved all these figs in to a plastic tub so I can sort of see them.

I had grand visions of doing some major sorting and organizing over this past week, but that didn't happen. Not at all. The week started out wonky and never recovered. The next few days are going to be hectic, and after that... well, I'll save that for later.
Ah, the random boxes, and the random stuff you find in them that should totally not be there, but somewhere else (where you've already looked for them and failed to locate them) - don't even get me started about those... I have so many things I sometimes think are totally useless to have, because I would use them - but I never find them when I need them! I'm dreaming of a day when I'll have a home where I know exactly where I can find what :3
Love the Two-fer doodle this week.

I have fingers crossed for a horse, I don’t know if the collective-Ameliae can add another member safety.
This really makes me grateful for being able to have all my dolls displayed...

And yes, Scream uniforms were the first MH fashion packs, released in 2010.
It's fascinating to see storage options

Also seeing the 'paper doll' version kind of makes me wish they did a proper line of paper dolls? Is that just me?
(08-13-2020, 09:48 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Also seeing the 'paper doll' version kind of makes me wish they did a proper line of paper dolls? Is that just me?

I think that every time I see these cardboard figures. It would have been freaky fab!

[Image: august13.jpeg]
13 August – Rock and Roll is Here to Stay... at least until Hell freezes over!
Oooh she looks so cool - wouldn't mind one of these figures myself