Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-20-2020, 02:52 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ](Edit: BTW, there's another Amelia for sale over on Omocha Crush... Just sayin.)

A "real" Amelia? Not modified?
There's been one on eBay recently, but the body has been replaced. And it was in Russia.

Do you have a link?  Sweatdrop

Okay, I found the Etsy site, but I do not see Amelia. Perhaps she has already sold.
[Image: september20.jpg]
20 September – Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence

Head sculpt: SuperDuck SDH018A
Body: TBLeague S28A
Uniform: various

Another "This Was Not What I Had Planned For Today" quick snapshot.

I Don't Care Anymore is quickly surpassing Enthusiasm for this ADAD project.

It's just a temporary phase of meh-ness. It'll (probably) pass.

Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence is intended to be a pastiche or parody of a character-figure created by one of the members of the Action Man forum, Glynnis Penny-Farthing. The figure is not quite finished yet, but it was near at hand as I was hunting around for quick snapshot material.
I can't find the one I saw. There's another that looks like about $190 shipped, from Canada. (deleted a link that didn't work)
I asked "did someone have an Amelia here...?" & will let you know if anyone does. (It's a FB group, not the group creator's Etsy. )

I like the name you derived from the other character. Now she does look a little... shady...? LOL
Sorry you're in a "meh". Hope things improve... I hear you about all the toy clutter & know what a drain all clutter is. Maybe if you can make even a little progress on it you'll feel better.
It still works as a photo for the ongoing "story", and I love her name smile

Hope you get over the general blah-ness soon. I've got a couple of annual leave days this week, for which I have many plans for, but so far has come to naught. But I did watch the final stage of the Tour, and am very delighted that Ritchie Porte ended up third.
(09-21-2020, 02:18 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]But I did watch the final stage of the Tour, and am very delighted that Ritchie Porte ended up third.

It was truly a Grand Tour this year, lots of excitement, lots of new stage winners, and not too many serious crashes. Seemed like kind of a passing of the torch from the group of riders I've been watching for a number of years to an up and coming generation. I also found it visually interesting to stage the tour in September. The weather was excellent throughout, and it was picturesque to see some of the leaves beginning to change color.

And they made it! All 21 stages, without being shut down due to coronavirus!

I'd like to think masks will be a thing of the past next year, but I suspect we won't be back to near-normal until 2022. Still, I was delighted that they ran The Tour, they completed The Tour, and we had 21 stages of great racing to watch.

Vive le Tour!
The majority of the crashes seemed to come early. There was all sorts of mayhem in the first few days.
Great atmospheric pic! Especially considering it was a quick snapshot. I like her goggles.
This has a great atmosphere to it. Like an old adventure movie. Also? I love the name.
(09-21-2020, 01:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I like the name you....

(09-21-2020, 02:18 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]... and I love her name.

(09-21-2020, 09:11 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Also? I love the name.

[Image: one_of_us.jpg]

[Image: september21a.jpg]
21 September - "Regroup to increase the numerator and find the common denominator! Nothing to it!"

[Image: september21b.jpg]
"Et voila! Perfect! Ya see, kids? That's why you need to learn how to add and subtract fractions!"

[Image: september21c.jpg]
"Or you could just move to Europe!"
"Move to Europe?"
"Yeah! They use the metric system! Decimals instead of fractions! It's way easier!"
Well I said it first, so I win Tongue

One of the few things from math class that has continued to be useful... (although usually just for multiplication; I haven't had to subtract any for a while) But it would be nice if measures were consistent, because wasting time in the grocery store trying to remember how mL translates to oz. because the recipes are in oz. and the can is mL ... is annoying.
And I gotta say, someone has incredibly neat penmanship, for on-the-go scribble-calculations! Oh My
And Janie continues to be the smart Smart Doll.
I'm so grateful for our metric system.

To be honest, I kind of secretly laugh at the Land of the Free now and then. Getting rid of all the oppression from the Empire, only to keep the most impractical and potentially lethal measuring chaosystem...
And yet I was made to learn fractions as we!l...
(09-22-2020, 10:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Well I said it first, so I win Tongue

We hereby crown thee Queen Bee in the hive!

(09-22-2020, 05:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm so grateful for our metric system.

To be honest, I kind of secretly laugh at the Land of the Free now and then. Getting rid of all the oppression from the Empire, only to keep the most impractical and potentially lethal measuring chaosystem...

And yet, who is the only nation thus far to put people on the moon? Because, you see, the moon is only 239,000 miles away, but it's 385,000 kilometers away. So it's closer in miles!

Uhm... that's how it works, right?  yay

(09-22-2020, 08:31 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]And yet I was made to learn fractions as we!l...

You weigh things in stone, so you have to be able to divide by 14.  Tongue

(Or by 6.35 if you want to be all metric and stuff. But while I've heard things like "three stone five pounds," I have never heard "three stone two point two five kilograms.")

[Image: september22a.jpg]
22 September - HAPPY EQUINOX!
Autumn for those of us in the northern hemisphere, and vernal for our friends in the south!
Lipoca drew an orange tree, because she wants to move to Florida. Where it rarely snows.
And because it's Doodle Tuesday.

Also, Lipoca was the chief judge of the "Orange" round of the Dal-icious, Byul-tiful, and You-Love-Meh 2020 contest on The Dal House forum, so she kind of has orange on her mind.

[Image: oc1.jpg]

[Image: oc2.jpg]

[Image: oc3.jpg]

[Image: oc4.jpg]

[Image: oc5.jpg]

[Image: oc6.jpg][Image: oc7.jpg]
I feel you, Lipoca. I want to move somewhere it doesn't snow too Cry

Nice to see she's really having fun with her judging job LOL