Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, the model muse bodies really put me off getting these - even as just to nick the outfit, it's still a whack of money to be out.

THAT SAID, she is so stylishly dramatic, as it's been put, and as you pointed out, that she casts a Vader shadow is amazing. You could play into it - some sort of cleverly hidden spy camera? No one ex.pects it to be display models they put new clothing on...
The shadow was the first thing I noticed too.
Too bad you can't "do" much with her. Display-only figures appeal to a different collector interest than to those of us who like to play with them. I mean, some are content to display only or even leave them in the box, but that's zero fun in my world smile
[Image: september28.jpg]
28 September - Band Practice

TBLeague 1/12 scale "Purgatori" figure(s)
...Band out of Hell...? xp
Cool atmospheric lighting again.
Who doesn’t want a demonic band? Did they have the gig on The Devil Went Down to Georgia?
They look like they’re having an absolutely blast of a time with the instruments.
Hiiiiiiighway from Hell, hiiiiiighway from Hell!
Like a bat outta hell, they'll be gone when the mornin' comes...

No? How about

She's just a devil woman, with evil on her mind...

Eh, I'm sure we'll find the right song for them! I think I've said it before but these figures are just so ridiculously cool - definitely ones I would pick up for my own collection! I also love the instruments you've given them.
Wow!!
Thanks guys... especially for all the hellacious puns!

[Image: september29.jpg]
29 September – Space Princess Ivanka shows off her new brass bracelet and new boots
while stomping on a sketch of a heated debate between Satan and Hitler for Doodle Tuesday
OMG, I'm LOLing, though I probably shouldn't.... I had that nonsense on in the background except where I shut off the sound to read something interesting.
Um, good use of perspective...
(09-30-2020, 01:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Um, good use of perspective...

That's a leg, just above the knee, with the shadow of the staff falling across it, just to be clear.  Tongue
(09-30-2020, 02:05 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]That's a leg, just above the knee, with the shadow of the staff falling across it, just to be clear.  Tongue
Yeah...? I got that; it was a cool perspective...
I was trying to think of something non-political to say.... Tongue
LOL

I dig Satan's drip!

(And I wonder what is the meaning of the inverted pentagram being replaced with Star of David. Ade's projection?)
I like he idea of the doodle being part of the background.