Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ha! I laughed.
(09-30-2020, 05:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]LOL

I dig Satan's drip!

(And I wonder what is the meaning of the inverted pentagram being replaced with Star of David. Ade's projection?)

OMG! I PUT TOO MANY POINTS ON THE PENTAGRAM!   Oh My
I was thinking it didn't look right.
Penta... FIVE... duhhhh!!!!

So... yeah, Ade's projecting, that's it! Yeah!
(10-01-2020, 02:35 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]

I dig Satan's drip!

(And I wonder what is the meaning of the inverted pentagram being replaced with Star of David. Ade's projection?)

Thought so wink
(10-01-2020, 02:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2020, 02:35 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]

I dig Satan's drip!

Thought so wink

Plus, all those sixes. I was on a roll.  yay
[Image: september30.jpg]
30 September – Doctor Evil Makes a Telephone Call

Playing Mantis re-issue Captain Action Doctor Evil figure, circa 1998-1999 release.

This was a pic for a short photo-story meant for the action figure forum of which I'm a member. But as most of the characters originated here at Dolly Market (including the ones I stole borrowed from other members) I'll post the photo-story here, too, in the unlikely event that anyone is interested:

[Image: kamiko41.jpg]

[Image: kamiko42.jpg]

[Image: kamiko43.jpg]

[Image: kamiko44.jpg]

[Image: kamiko45.jpg]

[Image: kamiko46.jpg]

[Image: kamiko47.jpg]

[Image: kamiko48.jpg]

[Image: kamiko49.jpg][Image: kamiko410.jpg]

[Image: kamiko411.jpg]

[Image: kamiko412.jpg]

[Image: kamiko413.jpg]

[Image: kamiko414.jpg]

[Image: kamiko415.jpg]

It's based off a "headquarters call-in" topic posted by one of the members of the Action Man Mobile Ops forum, which starts with this:

I think Dr E may have just dropped himself into it.
Fun photo story. Dr Evil is pretty much failing with this wishy-washy denial of the nit-girlfriend.
He's such a cute villain, he has that clumsy charm you can see in anime so often. ...That... did sound like a compliment, right?

The Criminal Mastermind there... Cousin Monday. I meant to say Cousin Monday. ...They do start with the same letters... ...must be having a lot of fun pulling his leg all the time.
Ha! Oh, I laughed. Doctor Evil wants to be seen as such an intimidating force of evil - which, of course he is. I hope he gets on the map!

Also! Love Monday just disappearing between shots!
When a supervillain loses his mojo...
Sad.
Hopefully Kenna will cheer him up.
LOL
[Image: october1.jpg]
1 October – The Party Never Dies!

Monster High "puffy stickers" on sale at a "discount" type store. Obviously from fairly early in the Monster High era, as the stickers feature images of the "First Wave" pets from the original core characters.

Dunno how sticky the stickers would be at this point in time. It's always fun to spot Monster High merchandise "in the wild," and a fine way to kick off the Halloween season!
It’s interesting what turns up in the dollar stores so long afterwards.
I would think that they would have lost all their stick by this time.
Aaah, nostalgia!
Ah, the fun nostalgia of these photos.

They could still be relatively sticky if they're still in packaging, but I think they're likely to have lost most of the stick.
I was a total sticker-hoarder in my youth, and had a lot of out-of-the-package stickers that I never used and kept in a box... many years later I used some on student tests, and most stuck just fine.