Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Midnight Beach crew would have a ton of fun in Oddwickshire this month. And they sport just the perfect party look for the occasion.
The glow-in-the-dark figures are so cool. We are trying to work out how to photograph the Ooshies that glow - we don't have a camera so use our phones, and the flash seems to be automatic. I probably just need to look up how to turn it off.
I do love how strong the glow is!
(10-11-2020, 04:56 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Midnight Beach crew would have a ton of fun in Oddwickshire this month. And they sport just the perfect party look for the occasion.

The Midnight Beach figures might work for shelling some of your lighthouse staff.

[Image: october11a.jpg]
11 October – Kenna introduces Doc and Cousin Monday
to the fun of taking "selfies."

[Image: october11b.jpg]
Cousin Monday, Miss Roswell, and Doctor Evil
Well that is a fantastic group picture!
Lovely selfie (usie? themie? maybe themselfie...)! The Doc still looks a bit lost as to what the purpose of this might be...
(10-12-2020, 03:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely selfie (usie? themie? maybe themselfie...)! The Doc still looks a bit lost as to what the purpose of this might be...

"Themselfie!" I like that! Very clever!
OK, this glow-in-the-dark doll looks like a lot of fun to photograph. What kind of ex-posure do you have to use to get the glow effect?
Fun group shot. Both of them look a little confused about this new thing Kenna is demonstrating.
(10-12-2020, 06:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]OK, this glow-in-the-dark doll looks like a lot of fun to photograph.  What kind of ex-posure do you have to use to get the glow effect?

I charge up the glowing doll under a desk lamp and try to snap the photo within a few seconds. The max glow fades fairly quickly, but a visible glow lasts for hours.

I stopped down a stop and a third to darken the background and create maximum contrast.

I also hit "auto-correct" in the Photos software on the Mac, and then backed off the highlights a little bit, because they actually came out too bright.

[Image: october12.jpg]
Oh, the Horror!
Nelly is appalled by the chaos that has taken over the Smart Doll space.
Kind of a microcosm of the entire d*mned world these days.
I can see the way Netty is recoiling.
Nelly really doesn't like her space being invaded, does she?
(10-13-2020, 12:18 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of a microcosm of the entire d*mned world these days.

Nah, not chaotic and desperate enough, plus, there are only cool and smart people, and a demon, but no idiots.
Love the themselfies. Dr Evil looks totally perplexed by the whole deal.

The Smart Doll space looks like our library. We need to organise it, but there’s so much stuff we don’t know where to start.
(10-13-2020, 06:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2020, 12:18 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of a microcosm of the entire d*mned world these days.

Nah, not chaotic and desperate enough, plus, there are only cool and smart people, and a demon, but no idiots.

The idiot is behind the camera.   Whacked

[Image: october13.jpg]
13 October – Monster High Clawdia Wolf

Today is Doodle Tuesday. No doodle. Because... stuff.

So I bought a pretty ekspensive thing last week, not a doll thing, but sort of a tool thing. I went to put it together today but I couldn't do it. One of the parts... and there are only, like, three parts, is apparently defective. This was not an inekspensive purchase. This was a Price of Two Smart Dolls equivalent purchase. Now I'll need to take it back to the store, where they'll likely send it in to the manufacturer for warranty repair rather than replacing it, so it will be gone for months.

And today the governor of the state put the county where I live under mandatory mask requirement, for the first time since the pandemic began. And here I was, two days ago, thinking how "nearly normal" things were around here.

The state came up with a new formula for calculating coronavirus restriction levels, based on "per 100,000" people. The entire county has only 5000 residents, so any numbers are multiplied by 20x. Overnight, we "statistically" went from being the "safest" county in the state to the "most dangerous."

Oh well, Halloween is coming soon, so it's mask season anyway.

I purchased the gas mask seen in this photo early on in the pandemic, saying that I would wear it if masks became mandatory. For eight months masks have not been mandatory, until today. I guess I'll have a chance to wear my gas mask after all.

I've been wearing either a mask or a bandana for almost two months. Because "they" told us that if we wear masks, the virus would go away. It hasn't gone away. Instead, it's getting worse.

I have six doodles and twelve daily posts to make up. I have the photos for the dailies that I took while I was away back in August. I just need to get around to posting them... before the end of the year.
Clawdia looks quite happy in spite of things. Nellie, however, does not. I share her dismay at the prospect of clutter.
Are you using auto ex-posure for the glow-in-the-dark photos?
Geez, similar story here… Our provincial premier, now that he has a majority from the stupid election, has decreed masks are mandatory in all public indoor spaces. The idiocy of this in our library when there are only two or three of us there and no members of the public… Also we are starting to see some small outbreaks, and in those areas apparently you are supposed to wear a mask outdoors as well. While I concede that they probably help reduce a cloud of germs if you are infected, I also believe that a damp piece of cloth over your face for hours is not healthy. If the outdoor nonsense reaches us, they can arrest me before I will wear a mask to go for my walk on the beach Rawr!
Stopping now before I write a longer rant.