Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Plenty of TP! I'm moving to Canada!

Oh, wait. I already looked in to that. They won't let me.
Glad to see you made it home safe!
LOL! They're very cheerful-looking despite the weaponry and impending apocalypse. I guess all that tp would make anyone smile, though smile
Well, for the record, not having crazily bought multiple shopping carts worth of it, this really is all I have. xp
Save the toilet paper!
I was joking with one of my staff members that my price for doing “special” work has gone up from nice chocolate to a roll of TP.

She promised to pass it along to her fellow managers Xp

They all look very fierce in protecting the stash
(03-19-2020, 12:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for the record, not having crazily bought multiple shopping carts worth of it, this really is all I have.  xp

Friends still living in Hawaii told me last night that the price of bathroom tissue at the local Longs Drugs Store is now $15 for a package of 4 rolls.

But at least there was a little bit still in stock.
(03-20-2020, 02:22 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2020, 12:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for the record, not having crazily bought multiple shopping carts worth of it, this really is all I have.  xp

Friends still living in Hawaii told me last night that the price of bathroom tissue at the local Longs Drugs Store is now $15 for a package of 4 rolls.

But at least there was a little bit still in stock.

Time to break out the Sears & Robuck catalog...
Quarantine, day 8
Dispatch from PTFCo HQ

I thought my boss was maybe overreacting a bit when she suggested, while I was still in BC, that maybe I should "self isolate" when I got home.  Given what's transpired since, I guess not a bad idea after all.  
Our province -- and the rest of Canada, not sure about the territories -- is in a state of emergency.  All but essential businesses closed; gatherings of  >10 people prohibited, people instructed to remain 6 feet apart if they interact.  The grocery store is only allowing 10 people in at a time.  I'll use the curbside pickup as long as they do that, although it's a bit of a PITA when you can't see what you're buying -- quality of produce, flavours of things, which varieties are on sale...

A week ago someone suggested shutting down our ferry & people said that was a dumb idea.  Now dozens are clamoring to do just that -- no travel except for essential supply trucks.  A few people have gone a bit off the rails, taking to facebook to complain that someone was rude to them at the store, or "I seen people that was away that ain't isolating".  Others continue to share fearmongering misinformation or speculate about things without bothering to check readily-available updates.  

Not sure how many are abiding by all the rules cos I haven't interacted with anyone in person except one neighbour from the opposite side of the road and the store manager when I picked up the groceries.  Very thankful for open unpeopled spaces so I can still go to the beach or for a run to the mailbox.  Some are calling for everything to be shut down, which leaves a person wondering if someone will have fits if they see you, and slander you all over facebook for aforementioned solitary walks.  (It's a small island; people are scared and/or bored.)

I could very well have been ex!posed in any of the 4 airports, 3 planes, or insanely crowded grocery store on my way home.  I wonder about the cloggy throat & tickly chest I've had through last week.  ....?  Just a cold trying to get a foothold cos I was so tired, or what...?  Whatever it is has been tenacious.  No fever though.  Just ran 2km & am OK otherwise and less tired than I was last week.
I find myself thinking, since most people will only have a mild case & if this is all it is, that if it IS the virus that would be OK because then I could ex,pect to have some immunity if it does hit the island.  
Meanwhile, my quarantine normal lifestyle continues LOL

On the positive side, the "bear hunt" has reached here too and people are being encouraged to put teddy bears in their windows for folks with kids taking "isolated" outings to drive around & spot.  I think it's a fun idea.  Pass it on if it might work for your community.
Here are a very, very old bear, Tom the cat who is the newest arrival, & Sara (who won't be staying in the light in the window and just came to help out with the photo.)

[Image: 49692370422_03aea13584_o.jpg]
The "bear hunt" idea sounds like fun! I have not heard about that.

Is Old Bear a family heirloom, or one you adopted?

Many states here in the US are closing beach access, claiming that too many people are congregating on the beaches.
Aw, the bear is adorable (even if he kind of looks like he's seconds away from clawing out into the fresh air... )!
That’s a cute idea about the bear hunt, and he’s a cute teddy as well.

Where did you rescue Tom the cat from?
That’s a really cute shot. Whoever sees your window gets the cuteness jackpot.
I love the idea of bear hunt! I'm glad you're keeping your sanity in all the madness.
The bear hunt sounds like a fantastic idea! Kids in the UK seem to be putting rainbows in the window.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25