Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Thanks everyone!
Sadly, I can't recall whose Old Bear was, Mom's or Dad's, but I think maybe Mom's?  Alas, he lives in a closet because there just isn't any more room for plushies on chairs in this house.  Tom the cat came from my Black Friday Aliex-press binge.
Afraid I might lose my beach walks after all, as provincial parks are officially closed -- our longest beach.  I don't know if people are still walking there -- really, what harm is walking on the beach All By Yourself or maybe two other people are on it 200 feet away?  "My" beach is not anything official, but I wonder when people will start freaking out because someone was out at all  Cry
I do at least have a big enough yard to go out in (although I'd probably break an ankle trying to jog around it)... so the annual wildflower-patch burn went off as usual.  Big job.  Having done that & then re-watched "Avatar" for the (lost count)-th time, this was inspired by the scene after the attack on Hometree when everything is ashes.
I had grander ideas but it was bleepin freezing, and windy.

[Image: 49722693107_6553812936_z.jpg]
Very movie-like scene. Cool pic!

Maybe a big fire is what we need. Just burn down the entirety of North America (starting with New York) to sterilize everything.

Oh... wait. Epidemics often emerge after widespread natural disasters. So, uhm, forget that idea.

I was reading about Hawaii yesterday. The governor closed all beach access, blocking off parking lots, but encouraged people to "go swimming in the ocean" for exercise. If what I read is accurate, you are allowed to cross the beach to go in to the water, but if you sit on or walk along the beach, the police will tell you to either get in the water or get off the beach. But... the homeless population is exempt, and reports say that they are setting up their tent cities on the beach in front of the now-closed resort hotels.

Cold and windy... yeah. Kind of sunny here today, and the wind did not pick up until late afternoon, so that was a change. But the forecast says back to windy and cold with possible snow by Thursday.
That is a great pose. He really does look like he’s about to go off on a hunt.
Haven't seen this guy in a while. He's probably immune to this crap, having an alien body and all... And I really hope you get to keep your beach and go there as usual.
Ooh, that really does look like it's a screenshot from a film. Fantastic posing and lighting here.
Fingers crossed you can keep your beach walk access.

Jake looks amazing, and I can just see what you were aiming for from the fil.
Thank you everybody!! grin
I just got that burn done in time because now burning is also banned (because it might get out of control and result in too many firefighters being too close together).

(04-01-2020, 12:48 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading about Hawaii yesterday. ... If what I read is accurate, you are allowed to cross the beach to go in to the water, but if you sit on or walk along the beach, the police will tell you to either get in the water or get off the beach. But... the homeless population is exempt, and reports say that they are setting up their tent cities on the beach in front of the now-closed resort hotels.
Wow.  If the virus gets into the homeless population, it would decimate them.  I mean, how would they get care?  I've never forgotten seeing them rolling up their bedding & starting their mornings when I rode by Ala Moana park on the way to the lab.
Weird about the beaches... next someone will find the virus can be transmitted through the water from the person who was swimming near you  sad
Still walking on my beach; the herd is restless & looking for ways to report each other... ugh.

"Reach out to your friends," they keep saying.  "Call them and let them know you're thinking of them."
When you see your friend's number on missed calls, and you phone them back only to find out they pocket-dialed you by mistake while mowing the lawn.  slash

[Image: 49743961261_786df026e2_z.jpg]
Haha! That pose together with the Dal signature pout says it all!
(04-07-2020, 07:58 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Still walking on my beach; the herd is restless & looking for ways to report each other... ugh.
This is exactly what George Orwell predicted in 1984 and Ayn Rand predicted in Atlas Shrugged.
People seem to be taking great glee in inflicting misery on others. Just got word this hour that the county here, where there are zero cases and zero deaths, has implemented stricter crack-downs and the state has closed the last of the national parks in Utah. What especially troubles me is a comment in one of the articles saying that county leaders are looking at what else they can shut down.
There is no end in sight. What else can we shut down?
Why is the thinking not, "how can we reopen? How can we return to normal?"
Instead, it's "what can we shut down?" and "who can we report?"
Nastiness is coming out worldwide.

Melancholy photo.
That’s a very typical Dal, nothing pouts like a Dal.
A Dal perfectly encapsulates the whole fed-up-ness with the whole situation.
That pose and pout ... yeah, I need to agree with the others, that's the perfect encapsulation of it all.
Thanks everyone!  
I'm not going to let my friend live this down... I mean a) that was lame and b) if you did do that to someone, YOU DON'T ADMIT IT!!!!  LOL
(04-07-2020, 12:00 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Nastiness is coming out worldwide.
Sad but true.  Although there are some really good stories of people helping each other and doing nice things.
The herd here continues to shuffle... a village councillor is the community's first casualty (of sorts), as she resigned over disagreement as to how the village office should be communicating with the residents.  The herd has turned on the mayor because "it's his fault".  Of course I get to chase this for the news, so I get to phone him tomorrow.
Yay!  slash

Meanwhile...
Everybody wanted a turn with the map & treasure chest, I guess.
I don't quite remember how I came across plushie pirate here; I think a friend pointed him out to me, & then of course I had to get him.  He came from an Etsy seller in a cute doodled-on box.  He was in need of a name involving ship parts, so the friend got to christen him, Charles van Clew.
So here he is in his PTFCo debut.
Yaarrrr.

[Image: 49783488217_cd9b363ee2_o.jpg]
It is a very fine map, a real functional chart rather than just a basic map, so it makes sense that everyone wants a turn.

That's quite a fine pirate costume. All your pirates are ship-shape and stylish!

'Tis a fine treasure chest, as well!
Oh my goodness, he's adorable!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25