Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Grand Final Day 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was Softball Grand Final Day this weekend, and Jo-Meg was very excited to have made it to the Grand Final for her grade this year.  Happy

Hanging around Saturday morning waiting for Game Time.  Skylar practiced her cheer-routine too.
[Image: e3f980ce46db8abb3ef453d1dfef35d3.jpg]

On the bench, waiting to go on the field - butterflies in the stomach
[Image: 54c5af20fbec95ea48e6c33966bbd51c.jpg]

Up to bat - can I get on base safely to score a run?
[Image: ee88adc0fd09ba883c7283efc782376d.jpg]

Fielding the ball for the final out of the game
[Image: df0807036e6df48cbe575432c52a81bf.jpg]

Making the throw to get the out!
[Image: 79fe86a381d1de847d0b146488ccac31.jpg]

Jo-Meg & her medal for the team winning the game!
[Image: 647c935d838faf87a070a383637e18e7.jpg]

Winners are Grinners
[Image: cb16106605c91851214bb149a6491e7d.jpg]

(full disclosure - this isn't my softball ground, there were too many people hanging around after the games this afternoon for me to take photos.  These were taken at a local baseball field which had no games today so I could take as long as I liked to set things up)
(also, yes, it was Grand Final day for me this weekend, and yes, we did win the Grand Final!  and while I didn't get on base & score a run, I did make the final out of the game  yay yay )
It was a good game, you made a few outs at first in those final 2 innings. This is a cute way to celebrate the win.
Congrats to you and Jo-Meg!

Those pictures are adorable, especially the one where she's fielding the ball.
Ah, these are so cute! I like the one of them sitting on the bench, and Jo-Meg’s poses on the field are really good. I’m quite delighted to see the stick-behind-the-leg trick in use! smile Doesn’t it make for great posing!
Congrats on winning your game!
Congratulations on a winning season and a grand championship! Bravo, well done!

And scoring the final out - you should be able to negotiate a more lucrative contract next season!

The photos are quite cute, very nicely posed and photographed! The "at bat" and "fielding" action pics are especially fun!

Re-enacting your winning out with dolls – it's like having an action figure of yourself!
Congratulations to you on winning the Grand Final! And congrats go also to Jo-Meg for winning, and Skylar for offering support with her cheering smile
The pictures turned out lovely, I especially like the action posing with the ball. I was about to ask how much time you spent (and how many faceplants did Jo-Meg take) before you could set up such great action poses for such a big-headed girl without support - and then I realised the stick trick ^^
Thanks all! It was a great day for everyone.

I’d forgotten my knitting needle that I use to stand the dolls up, but fortunately there were a few sticks of a suitable size that I could use. I don’t do any editing of my photos (that’s probably pretty obvious LOL ) but I do try to take them on angles to hide the needle/stick.
Of course, the sun-shadow gives it away...

Loona, even with the stick for support she did have a few face-plants when there was a gust of breeze. I probably spent about 45-60 mins doing the various poses. There are quite a few shots that I didn’t include for various reasons, I wanted some different fielding shots but they didn’t work how I envisioned.
That's so cute! I love all the action shots, too! My favorites are definitely the ones out on the field! They are very fitting, especially since yesterday was opening day for baseball.

Also a what a lovely idea to use a knitting needle to help stand the dolls up; I'm always looking for ways to make my life a little easier, so I don't have to do as much Photoshopping. LOL