The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
A Sari for Arati - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: A Sari for Arati (/showthread.php?tid=7255910)

Pages: 1 2

A Sari for Arati - ByronicHeroine - 10-08-2013

I think it's been almost a year since Arati (Saras) came to live with me, ad it wasn't that long after that I bought some Batik fabrics to make her some simple Saris for her. I finally got around to making her something to wear this past weekend. I know it's not a real sari, but we do what we can. I really enjoyed making this because I got to try new things with my serger. I learned a rolled hem, and how using different colored threads to create an interesting look around the trim. Then I just sewed some fancy ribbon on, but that's pretty standard. Next I need to make her a better choli, and eventually a salwar kameez set (I did a little research for this girl).

Here's Arati enjoying her new clothes.

[Image: 10140914584_989ae0739d.jpg]
Arati's New Sari by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

[Image: 10141124023_2d75a3517b.jpg]
Arati's New Sari by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

Arati has a past connection to one of my other girls. They both posed under the same tree, and I think they're my only girls to have had their picture taken there.

RE: A Sari for Arati - vadafade - 10-08-2013

Ohh, so pretty, Byronic! You know, I almost got that same wig for my Saras. It looks fantastic on her, and I love the contrast with the orange saari! Really beautifully done styling!

RE: A Sari for Arati - lyricsoul - 10-08-2013

She's so pretty! I love Indian fashion, so colorful it makes me happy to look at. smile The pattern is beautiful and the color looks great on her with her blue hair. smile

RE: A Sari for Arati - ByronicHeroine - 10-08-2013

Thanks you guys smile I really wanted a nice contrasting color and I'm happy that it worked.

@ vadafade Your Saras is so cute, and I just love the way her hair brings her to life. This wig came out of a blind box. It just looked so nice on her. I almost went with an auburn one, but I really wanted her to have long hair.

RE: A Sari for Arati - vadafade - 10-09-2013

Wow -- you got that wig out of a blind box?! That's amazing. It looks like the "antique green" color from For My Doll. I've *almost* bought that color wig for Saras so many times. What brand wig is Arati wearing?

RE: A Sari for Arati - KiraKira - 10-09-2013

I love the sari--the bright color goes great with her own vivid coloring.

RE: A Sari for Arati - harajukupat - 10-09-2013

I adore this!! Great job on the Sarismile Shes very pretty!

RE: A Sari for Arati - whimsu - 10-09-2013

Wow, beautiful! grin I love the pattern & colours.
You did a great job, I love it a lot.

RE: A Sari for Arati - Cornflower Blue - 10-09-2013

Ooh, ahh! The sari came out wonderful and it's perfect for Arati!

RE: A Sari for Arati - Buzzingbumblebee - 10-09-2013

It's very pretty and it suits her really well <3 I really like how she is sitting under the tree :3

RE: A Sari for Arati - koolajp - 10-09-2013

She's so exotic and beautiful, love her bindi!

RE: A Sari for Arati - ByronicHeroine - 10-09-2013

Thanks everyone smile I really love making my girls different from each other, and I really love when my girls get compliments.

@vadafade- It's a LeekeWorld wig. I believe the color was Blue Green.

RE: A Sari for Arati - FishiesGoPook - 10-09-2013

GORGEOUS Byronic! smile

RE: A Sari for Arati - kitten-squid - 10-09-2013

That sari is AMAZING! You have such patience and talent, I think she even looks a little happier wearing it! smile

RE: A Sari for Arati - kaninchen - 10-10-2013

so beautiful. this is one of my favourite dollies around!