Dolly Market Forum
Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP (/showthread.php?tid=7258701)

Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - melonbread - 03-18-2015

Audrey was a bait (scratched, nude doll) which was once a Varele obtained from Yahoo Japan.

She helps me learn how to customise, by having the dubious honour of being the testing ground for new techniques. She's already had 3 faces as I learnt to do freckles, wigging, chipping, pastels. I'm quite liking her nowadays though!

[Image: 16662579748_11851b60fd.jpg]
Audrey

[Image: 16664037449_dd14e8acaa.jpg]
Audrey

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - PullipPrincess - 03-18-2015

She's beautiful! :O I love her eyelids especially!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - melonbread - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 01:27 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: She's beautiful! :O I love her eyelids especially!

Thank you so much! I've only recently worked out that I need a size 0000 brush and it's been fun patterning her eyelids. I've also really enjoyed painting freckles as well <3

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - PullipPrincess - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 09:17 PM)melonbread Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 01:27 PM)PullipPrincess Wrote: She's beautiful! :O I love her eyelids especially!

Thank you so much! I've only recently worked out that I need a size 0000 brush and it's been fun patterning her eyelids. I've also really enjoyed painting freckles as well <3

Aaah, such a teeny tiny brush! :O I didn't even know brushes came that small! But I'm sure it helps a lot with getting those small details precisely the way you want them. I actually have always wondered how people can paint such detail on eyelids and such without messing it all up, and now I know thanks to you. ^.^ Everything about Audrey though is gorgeous, and I do like the way you painted her freckles a lot too, but I'm just kind of obsessed with Pullip eyelids is all and I just love it when they're painted in interesting colors or when people add things to them! Heart

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Missy_Crane - 03-18-2015

She's gorgeous! My first thought when I saw her was that she was a Posion Girl custom. Your work is sensational!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Jinxedorchid - 03-19-2015

Wow, she's really cute!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - whimsu - 03-19-2015

I thought Poison Girl as well! <3
She's so beautiful!! Her wig is cute too, did you cut it yourself?

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - melonbread - 03-19-2015

(03-18-2015, 10:57 PM)Missy_Crane Wrote: She's gorgeous! My first thought when I saw her was that she was a Posion Girl custom. Your work is sensational!

(03-19-2015, 08:45 AM)whimsu Wrote: I thought Poison Girl as well! <3
She's so beautiful!! Her wig is cute too, did you cut it yourself?

Thank you so much for your kind words! Poison Girl is a huge huge idol of mine, I absolutely love her work. The dream is to win one of her dolls one day! She's one of the main reasons I wanted to try customising... I one day hope to be 1/100th as good as her haha.

I did give her a wig-cut actually! It was a hack (I say hack because I sure didn't manage to cut it daintily) of a Leekeworld wig.

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Nekoshoujo - 03-19-2015

She's really cute. The eyelids and lashes are immaculate and beautiful! For a test doll, she looks like a lot of love and hard work went in to her. Your style and creativity really shine through. I also really love her wig and eyebrows. She's got such a funky cool-girl look to her!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Chyntia - 03-24-2015

She is amazing!! Poison girl also was my first thought!! I loved how you did the freckles!!
how did you do them? grin

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Cornflower Blue - 03-24-2015

She's very pretty!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - melonbread - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 07:36 PM)Chyntia Wrote: She is amazing!! Poison girl also was my first thought!! I loved how you did the freckles!!
how did you do them? grin

I blunted the end of a toothpick and then used a watercolour mix of light brown And orange. I would dab it on and let it dry- depending on how long dark I wanted the freckles I would then remove them with cotton =)

(03-24-2015, 09:01 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: She's very pretty!

Thank you!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - Chyntia - 03-26-2015

Ahh that is so very smart! I would have never thought about that!! grin Thank you for sharing!!

RE: Introducing Audrey, The Forever WIP - melonbread - 03-29-2015

I managed to get some new photos of her today, after all your comments I felt that maybe I shouldn't wipe her face and let her have her day in the sun! I might be loving her more and more now smile - thank you!

[Image: 16963937832_daea2832f8.jpg]

Audrey
by Another Banana, on Flickr

[Image: 16777580908_d6e89851bb.jpg]

Audrey
by Another Banana, on Flickr