The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7261473)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 04-23-2018

[Image: april21.jpg]
21 April – Bratzillaz Sashabella has a difficult time blending in to a crowd

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2018

Glow rave with G.I. Joes!

I love the color contrast and how warm colors in front and cool tones in back together with depth of field create illusion of great distance between figures (oh my gosh, I can talk about these things in Czech, but trying to express them in English makes me feel really retarded).

Awesome photo Heart

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Miss Edith - 04-23-2018

Sashabella is a glowing rose between thorns LOL Fabulous photo smile

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Alliecat - 04-23-2018

I thought she looked like a big star with her security detail LOL
No worries, neon -- it made sense!

(04-23-2018, 03:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Glow rave with G.I. Joes!

That is a great idea for a future photo!

(04-23-2018, 09:53 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: Sashabella is a glowing rose between thorns.

She certainly thinks so!

(04-23-2018, 11:46 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I thought she looked like a big star with her security detail.

That's another great idea for a future photo!
Actually, Sashabella is a big star... or, a big star in a small photo story. I've posted the story on Instagram, Figurvore, and Flickr, but not here.
Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market? How about non-Pullip photo stories?

In response to your kind, clever, and thoughtful comments,
Sashabella says that she officially loves you guys!!!
Heart 2Heart 2Heart 2

[Image: april22.jpg]
22 April – Where most of the "Mint-in-Box-March" dolls dwell

^ Wow. o.O
Dude, you gotta get a display area!

(04-23-2018, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market?
YES! Get thee over to the PicFics section!
http://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28263

(04-23-2018, 12:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Dude, you gotta get a display area!

IKR? Eventually this area will be a display area; or at least, that's the plan. Or a plan....
Sweatdrop

(04-23-2018, 12:51 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 12:44 PM)davidd Wrote: Are photo-stories a "thing" here on Dolly Market?
YES! Get thee over to the PicFics section!

But they are all Pullip pic-fics. I didn't know if non-Pullip stories were allowed.
yay

(Remember, I used to find this forum a bit intimidating. I didn't want to break any rules. Sweatdrop )

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Cornflower Blue - 04-23-2018

She looks like she's nervous to me. The colors are unexpected and delightful.

(04-23-2018, 01:05 PM)davidd Wrote: But they are all Pullip pic-fics. I didn't know if non-Pullip stories were allowed.
yay
(Remember, I used to find this forum a bit intimidating. I didn't want to break any rules. Sweatdrop )
Haha. We don't bite grin Since it's not specifically under "Pullip" but a category of its own, one could argue that you could put other dolls here. I don't know about the "rules" (they're more like guidelines??) but I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it. If you want official clearance you could message a mod and ask if it's OK smile

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2018

(04-23-2018, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: *snip*
I don't know about the "rules" (they're more like guidelines??) but I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it. If you want official clearance you could message a mod and ask if it's OK smile

Seconding this!

That's a lot of boxes! I'm physically unable to keep dolls in boxes xd I need to free my beauties from their little prisons and touch them and play with them.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 04-25-2018

[Image: april23.jpg]
23 April – Another GI Joe arrived via eBay. That should do it for GI Joe purchases... for a while, at least

[Image: april24.jpg]
24 April – Thrift store "Roswell" space aliens

We still have houseguests. I am still assisting the houseguests with a major construction project:

[Image: major_construction_project.jpg]
Major Construction Project – A lotta work for a couple of tipis

This evening, an hour ago, house guests decided to extend their stay by three days, so it will now be even longer before I can get back to regular posting.

But I am managing to snap a dolly photo each day, even if they're quick, crummy snapshots. I'm just having trouble finding computer time to post them.

(04-23-2018, 01:45 PM)Alliecat Wrote: ... I bet others besides me would like to see some of your gang's adventures. I'd say go for it.

Okay, here we go: TALES from the DOLLIE DUNGEON
yay

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 04-25-2018

I never knew there were things like Roswell aliens figures! Good luck with Major Construction Project!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - GreysPrincess - 04-26-2018

Those Roswell aliens are my new favorite thing and I think I need one for my Isul named Roswell to hang out with!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Cornflower Blue - 04-26-2018

I've never seen those Roswell aliens before and I think I may need one or three.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Alliecat - 04-26-2018

Wowww, your view! What's the plan for the tipis?
Haha, the aliens! It sounds like they need to have some kind of adventure with the G.I. Joes wink

(04-23-2018, 04:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm physically unable to keep dolls in boxes ... I need to free my beauties from their little prisons and touch them and play with them.
Same here. Most of my dolls have been second hand but I remember sitting on the floor with a new J-Doll after I unwrapped the package, looking at her in her box and thinking, "Well, if you don't debox your dolls, this is it; the fun is already over." LOL But then, I am not buying with thoughts of re-selling at a profit.