The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7261645)

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 06-06-2018

Very spooky looking! I'm enjoying the fun shots your taking with them.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Alliecat - 06-06-2018

Pretty neat lighting on all of these!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-07-2018

davidd - correct, of course! Hmmm, from what I've heard/read, only 2014 releases, that is Invasion - wave 2 and Super Novas - wave 2, were supposed to be European only, so Vera should have been available everywhere... But distribution schemes tend to be weird, maybe it was the same thing that happened with Haunted Rochelle. The last line available in Czech Republic was Invasion - wave 1, so we didn't even get all 2013 releases.

Lejays - thank you! I'm glad you enjoy these, because that's their purpose!

Alliecat - thank you!

Day 157

[Image: 26b38ffe095c3b8ac3b33d2021248afa.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 3 - The Revelation: Vera Tabray, Super Novas - wave 1

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-08-2018

Day 158

[Image: 954c52550c67f3353a0fe262c6ff496f.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 4

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 06-08-2018

I don't know any names, except that they're all puns, but I love the spooky backlight in these shots

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-08-2018

There's only one that I know of who included a helmet: Ari Roma!

I love the "galactic" lights in the left background!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-09-2018

Lejays - thank you!

davidd - correct! The guessing part isn't really all that hard, I wasn't even planning on making it guessing game, but Alie's firts photo looked a bit confusing, so I just called it Guess The Alien and I kept it that way, because I find it amusing. And it's a good excuse for using the same doll twice in a row, which fills more days in the photo challenge wink (seriously, I have no idea what am I going to do when I'm out of dolls. Current plan is robbing a bank or two and getting a lot of dolls to fill the rest of the year. Clever, huh?)

Day 159

[Image: ced94ff6726abb605d6a6c445addf416.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 4 - The Revelation: Basic Ari Roma. This little beast just wouldn't stand straight. Her hips are too loose, so this pic is rather freestyle. She fell on her face two second after I took it. And her hair is a disaster.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 05:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: And it's a good excuse for using the same doll twice in a row, which fills more days in the photo challenge....

LOL My initial plan was to photograph a different doll every day for as long as I could. But that pesky "real life" thing got in the way, a lot of dolls are in storage tubs that are not currently accessible, so I've been posting a lot of duplicates. I'm disappointed about this, as I was curious as to whether I had enough dolls to complete an entire year.

(06-09-2018, 05:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: And her hair is a disaster.

But does it still smell nice?
LOL

For those who may not be familiar with Novi Stars, Ari Roma had scented hair. "Ari Roma," get it?

I think this is a phenomenal photo of Ari! The lighting on the figure is superb, with no glare or hot spots, and she looks perfect against the "darkness of outer space." The texture of her glittery arms and legs is even clearly visible! And you got the details of her eyes to show up even through her helmet! This is a great photo!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-10-2018

davidd - thank you very much! I actually removed a lot of her glitter (my hands were as glittery purple as hers everytime I touched her, she was shedding to no end!) and only left some on her torso and upper parts of her limbs. It might look a bit weird, but she still has some glitter left and the plastic of her body is a better color-match to her head than the glitter. Her Hair only has a very faint smell now, which I'm thankful for. When I unboxed her, I couldn't stand it, it was wayy too intense.

Her helmet gave me a tough time. I was moving lights all around the place to make her face visible through the reflections.

As for using dolls multiple times, I already knew I don't have enough dolls to cover the whole year, so I'm not bothered by that. And I already decided to do something similar to 'Guess The Alien' with the line I'm planning to do after Novis.

Day 160

[Image: 6ca3f130aa3568bd884ed269f977558c.jpg]

Second Saturday in June is a very special day... Happy World Doll Day everybody! Go get yourself a new doll to celebrate (I'll be counting my pre-ordered Cheshire Cat as my celebratory doll)!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-10-2018

What a lovely group portrait! Their hair is all neatly brushed and everything! And you got them to stand up and look at the camera! Perfect, soft lighting, as always!

Thank you for the reminder about World Doll Day. Even though it has apparently been "A Thing" since 1986, I only heard about it for the first time last year... and then promptly forgot all about it, of course!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-11-2018

davidd - thank you very much! I'm 'celebrating' the World Doll Day since 2016, so I didn't know about it for too long either.

Day 161

[Image: b98d023254d4b754efaeb1ae8e009a61.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 5, this time totally obvious LOL

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-11-2018

Ha ha! "This time totally obvious," so of course I'm totally blanking on who it is!

So I had to look her up... which is cheating, I know. In doing so, I discovered a few characters I've never even heard of!

"Cool" photo with the blue light, which suits the character perfectly!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Alliecat - 06-11-2018

These are all cute. Cool lighting on these aliens. The last one looks like she's underwater.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Cornflower Blue - 06-11-2018

I have no idea, but it's a really cool photo.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-12-2018

davidd - thank you very much! Glad you discovered new Novis! Kinda sad that you can't get them easily and for reasonable price, though...

Alliecat - thank you! I was going for ice cave look, but I couldn't make my phone focus properly, so it has that blurry underwater feel to it. I also couldn't focus manually, because my vision does weird things in dark or in colored light. Nothing too serious, but fine focusing is impossible for me...

Cornflower Blue - thank you!!!

Day 162

[Image: 51f33ed0f94811c633d8aca5ccb2c9d4.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 5 - The Revelation: Anne Arctic from Invasion - wave 1