The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7261645)

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-17-2018

davidd - thanks! Yep, that's Mimi Happy

Alliecat - thank you! It is fun! The first day, I spent the whole evening trying out things and planning what to do with each doll (they ended up in pairs with same type of lighting, eventhough the colors and and details differ).

Day 167

[Image: 5b6107a23cbacf0f962382f70e60a66f.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 7 - The Revelation: Mimi Merize from first wave of Super Novas.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-17-2018

Nice portrait of Mimi Merize! I like being able to see the details of her color scheme so clearly.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-18-2018

davidd - thank you!

Day 168

[Image: da3785f6cde8391afcc1bfb368e3dd84.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 8

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-19-2018

On of the originals: Una Verse!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-19-2018

davidd - yes! She's basic Una.

Day 169

[Image: 046007b248f16d817c38ef547be0b426.jpg]

Guess The Alien part 8 - The Revelation: Basic Una Verse

And that's my Novi Stars collection. I wanted to post a group photo, but I'm having enough trouble trying to make these beauties stand one by one, I can't do it with them all, so no armies this time.

Gosh, I'm so tired. This challenge can be rather exhausting.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-19-2018

(06-19-2018, 05:40 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wanted to post a group photo, but I'm having enough trouble trying to make these beauties stand one by one, I can't do it with them all....

Haaaaa ha ha ha ha! Yes, Novi Stars are absurdly difficult to coax to stand up, even when using their included stands... which, for those of you who might care, are not interchangeable!

I once tried to take a Novi Stars figure on a trip as a "traveling toy." Once. And I only got one photo with her before realizing that it was simply not going to work!
yay

It certainly would have been fun to see your complete Novi Stars Army. It would have been fun-ny to see your Novi Stars Army all collapsed in a big pile, and to listen in on your comments as you tried to get them to cooperate!
LOL

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Alliecat - 06-19-2018

Heh. Well, you could lay them all on a background scene from a calendar or something... or lean them against a piece of fabric or other background...?
It's been interesting seeing the cool lighting on these.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 06-19-2018

The Novi Stars have been a really interesting project to look at, as I know basically nothing about them. I've liked how you've done the different lighting in the pre-reveal pics.

Davidd's suggestion of them all in a pile with you muttering "curses" at them while trying to get them to stand is funny, and I was tempted to do stuff like that last year.

I completely understand where you're coming from with the exhaustion of the daily photo. Just remember I'm waving virtual pompoms of encouragement each day for you (and Davidd). what is next for your planned photos - you did mention a bit ago but I think it may have changed?

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-20-2018

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked my lighting experiments Happy

(06-19-2018, 12:57 PM)davidd Wrote: It certainly would have been fun to see your complete Novi Stars Army. It would have been fun-ny to see your Novi Stars Army all collapsed in a big pile, and to listen in on your comments as you tried to get them to cooperate!
LOL

(06-19-2018, 08:18 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Davidd's suggestion of them all in a pile with you muttering "curses" at them while trying to get them to stand is funny, and I was tempted to do stuff like that last year.

Well aren't you two a pair of gleeful pixies! Allrighty, here you go!

Day 170

[Image: 0091ae5674958044c5f40e94ff2c1ab3.jpg]

An utterly desperate pile of Novis! I call it The Raft of SSS Star (I had a certain famous painting in mind). I only had to ask Una to stand still twice.

As for my plans, they remain unchanged, I'll transition to fairy tale themed dolls. However, I'm trying to figure out how to do the lighting I have in mind for the next line on the list, so there will be a few random pics of random dolls before I get to it.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Offgenemi - 06-20-2018

I love these dolls! I never saw them in stores I wish I did. You have rest collection of them

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-20-2018

Oh, you're upping the stakes here, aren't you? Rather than merely an entertaining pile of colorful dolls, you "had a certain famous painting in mind." Are you attempting to introduce the great unwashed masses here at Dolly Market to high-brow culture? I take it we are looking, then, at a Novi Stars rendition of The Raft of Medusa?
LOL

Nicely done. Even your "quick snapshots" have style and class!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-21-2018

Offgenemi - thank you!

davidd - thank you very much! And yes, it absolutely is inspired by The Raft of Medusa! However, I know nothing about unwashed masses, I've only met intelligent and suave personages here!

Day 171

[Image: cb44124dfc1189fda514c1690553eed6.jpg]

You know what kind of photo I didn't do for a while? Yes, migraine shot! This is Gail sporting one of her Stellar Skinz. Proper photo probably tomorrow.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Alliecat - 06-21-2018

Haha, I like your Breadboard of the Medusa LOL
Ooo, Gail is spooky. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 06-21-2018

Love the x-ray photo... although what I assume is supposed to be a spine looks a lot like perhaps some prune juice is in order.

I hope you are feeling all cleared out... your head, I mean... shortly!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 06-22-2018

Alliecat - thank you!

(06-21-2018, 12:52 PM)davidd Wrote: Love the x-ray photo... although what I assume is supposed to be a spine looks a lot like perhaps some prune juice is in order.

I hope you are feeling all cleared out... your head, I mean... shortly!

LOL david, you devild! Thanks xd

Day 172

[Image: 57e7831dc126833dfa3821fbaef96a50.jpg]

Gail is somewhat better today. This is Migraine, in one of line's titular stellar skinz. They're transparent rubber catsuits with various patterns. Both dolls in this line came with two of them. Their quality is... not there. At all. Gail's other suit is already decomposing, getting all icky, and I'm afraid that this one will follow soon. Which is shame, because this skin is my fav outfit for Gail, I like it a lot better than her skimpy mini-dress, but I'm afraid that the the seeping plastic softener could damage the doll's plastic, so I'm only keeping her in it for a few days once in a while. At least now I have a photo to remember it by once it's gone.