The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7261645)

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 08-09-2018

Ashlynn is the only one of my dolls that I'm fairly certain is wonky. But not enough that it bothers me, and I'm not entirely sure anyway.

Her shoes are one of my favourite bits of her design, and I agree about the enormous bun - mine still has hers, and I think sometimes to take it down.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 08-10-2018

davidd - Ashlynn was glad to hear you like her new hairstyle LOL Her countless variations on glass slippers are so much fun!

Lejays - being wonk-blind is quite convenient, right? And ditto about the shoes

Day 221

[Image: a71a6342fcddadd0a14d7529a48cd106.jpg]

Through the Woods Ashlynn. I like Ashlynn, she's a nice take on blonde princess, with her strawberry blonde hair and green eyes, and her face is cute as a button, but I was always happy with just the siggy, I didn't feel like getting another one. But then... Through the Woods and giant sales happened and I. Needed. Those. GLASS BOOTS!!! Seriously, they're literally the only reason I bought her. This release also comes with cape, but I like her better without it and was lazy to dig it out and put it on her.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 08-10-2018

Lovely Ashlynn. We didn't get that line here, but I did think they were very pretty. The first non-sigs we got were Spring Unsprung, and it was hit-and-miss what other ones we got.
Do you have the lateen accessory too?

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 08-10-2018

So all of her shoes are variations on glass slippers? That's fun! And you are correct, the glass boots are uh-maze-ing!!!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 08-11-2018

Lejays - oh yes, her accessories! I forgot about them. She has lantern and a map, but they're both too, well, plastic looking.

davidd - yes, she's Cinderella's daughter, so all her releases have glass slippers. She is obsessed with shoes Happy

Day 222 (wow, I almost feel like I should have done something special...)

[Image: 50fdf8030b9e9492e9cf3ef6cc20d8d3.jpg]

Ashlynns and their fable-ous footwear!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 08-11-2018

Lovely hair and lovely footwear! These are fun figures!

I like the way the black stands almost completely disappear into the dark backdrop. Your beautifully illuminated, glare-free photos are inspiring me to look at light tents.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Alliecat - 08-11-2018

She's pretty. There's some version of Ashlynn that I saw on Flickr that had me hunting around eBay for a while... I didn't get her, but now some of your other EAH's are competing for my 'maybe' list LOL

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 08-12-2018

davidd - as always, do it, do get the light lent. It really works wonders.

Alliecat - if some of those EAHs you're eyeing are signature versions, I recommend to be extra careful about which version you're getting, because they re-released them a thousand times, and each new re-release is worse than previous one, quality-wise. Mattel also failed to make clear which release is which, so you want to know what does the box look like and also from which year that particular doll is. This is a good who-is-who guide to EAH: EAH Merch Database.

Day 223

[Image: 9e710a448907b86f219d6fd3e6fea4f2.jpg]

Duchess Swan (Core Royals & Rebels - Wave 4).

Duchess is daughter of Odette from Swan Lake (the ballet has about gazillion alternative endings, so let's just pretend Duchess was born after a happy ending, not out of wedlock... EAH logic has A LOT of holes). She's constantly worried about ending of her story, and she can be quite a bully because of it sometimes. She calls it 'going Black Swan'. I seriously doubt that they get what the ballet is about... But that doesn't matter, because she's a beauty and I love her to bits. Also, she can be nice when she feels that others understand her problem. She's also exquisite dancer, go figure. Her hair is usually in side-swept ponytail, but mine Duchess needed a boil wash, and it triggered the emotionally unstable glue in her head, and it leaked, so I need to get something to get rid of it, which is why her hair is an unsightly mess right now. I usually display her without her headband, because I don't like that giant dumpling. I don't know if it's supposed to be chrysanthemum or a feather powder puff or what, but it looks like a giant dumpling.

Whoa, I'm ranting today, ain't I?

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 08-12-2018

You call her hair "an unsightly mess"??? I was about to comment how stunning that black hair looks, beautifully highlighted to separate it from the jet-black background.

Stunning photo, and a wonderful doll!

I could have blown a lot of money on EAH, I'm realizing as I see your photos! It's probably a good thing I didn't pay much attention to them at the time!

Even your mostly black and white photos are incredibly colorful, by the way!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Lejays17 - 08-12-2018

Duchess is a striking doll, and I have to agree with the weird thing on tp of her head. I think it looks better when coloured like it was in the webisodes, but it was never released like that.

The EAH logic didn't stand up to even low-level scrutiny, so it's not surprising that Duchess's story make no sense in relation to her background tale.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 08-13-2018

davidd - her hair is terribly gooey right now, but at least it helped hlding her while highlights in place when I tried touse them to make the rest of her hair visible against the background... EAH dolls are stunning, I love them just as much as MH, too bad the line was so short-lived. I myself would have many more if they appeared in my country...

Lejays - yeah, EAH logic... I was wondering many times why they took the approach they did. I always liked the small details, like certain catch-phrases or character traits, but the story as a whole was a rather hot mess... But even despite that, I was sad when they stopped releasing webisodes LOL

Day 224

[Image: 39204a920268b4ff84c04ee61faecb23.jpg]

Kitty Cheshire (signature / Core Royals & Rebels - Wave 4). Kitty was one of four dolls that started my EAH collection (together with Duchess, SU Holly and SU Briar). I love everything about her - her color scheme, her twintails, yarnballs for jewelry, however, I would love her even more if she was more werecat-ish, like MH werecats. She's daughter of Cheshire Cat from Alice's Adventures, so it would make sense, plus, dolls with cat ears and tails are the very definition of cuteness (Way Too Wonderland Kitty kinda has those, but WTW dolls only appeared in one store here, and were Way Too Expensive, not even I could justify paying that much).

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 08-13-2018

Purple on black makes for a very nice photo!

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - Cornflower Blue - 08-13-2018

Duchess Swan looks very elegant. One of the fun aspects of photography is you can often hide some of a doll's imperfections and no one knows but you. LOL

Kitty Cheshire is a cutie! She seems to share some of her color scheme with the MH Catrine Demew.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 08-14-2018

davidd - black and purple is killer combination on anything, anytime!

Cornflower Blue - Kitty is inspired by Disney's Cheshire Cat, so most of her color scheme comes from there. But yes, Catrine also rocks black and purple outfits most of the time, and she's gorgeous in those colors!

Day 225

[Image: dce17d378bed4cdd48bfa21881acefdb.jpg]

Her Insane Majesty complained about not being featured in ADAD for a long time, so I had to fix that. Originally, I wanted to play some filters, but I somehow ended up trying to do some low key lighting.

RE: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018 - davidd - 08-14-2018

Oooh! Moody and dramatic as she emerges from... or recedes into... the inky shadows!
I love these photos with the dark backgrounds. I know I say that about almost every one of your photos; and I'll probably keep saying it! yay