The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-25-2020

This fig always reminds me of the Bowie character in Labyrinth.

And yes, the display space in the toy department for LOL OMG dolls appears to be ex-panding. Mattel appears to be giving Cave Club significantly more support than it did to Wild Hearts Crew.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-25-2020

Are the LOL OMG dolls the blind-box ones that come in the ball? Or is that the first version of them? It’s been so long since we wandered the shops that I haven’t kept up.

What an interesting figure, and thanks for the wiki link to describe him.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-25-2020

(10-24-2020, 10:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Long time no see, ice pop king!

Did you manage to get him a new body or is this the old one held together by magic and duct tape?

Old on with magic and rubber glue! Rubber glue is a glue that you use on something that is meant to have a bit of flex - sole of a shoe, a sports ball - and it's strong. Works well! (Though I am still just really careful)

(10-25-2020, 01:50 AM)davidd Wrote: This fig always reminds me of the Bowie character in Labyrinth.

And yes, the display space in the toy department for LOL OMG dolls appears to be ex-panding. Mattel appears to be giving Cave Club significantly more support than it did to Wild Hearts Crew.

I can kind of see it, yeaaaah.

I can't decide if I like Cave Club or not. I really think I would have liked Wild Hearts Crew, if it ever showed up over here. 

(10-25-2020, 09:02 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Are the LOL OMG dolls the blind-box ones that come in the ball?  Or is that the first version of them?  It’s been so long since we wandered the shops that I haven’t kept up.

What an interesting figure, and thanks for the wiki link to describe him.

The blind box ones are just LOLs. LOL OMG are fashion doll sized, and you can pick the one you want. They're proving very popular at the moment. 

No problem! Ankh is an interesting guy. 

- - - 

299. H is for Hawkeye

[Image: 76456217_99784af56c34f2f2792736ac27e3f0bd_standard.jpg]

Kate Bishop, that is, and not Clint Barton. This is another one in which it would be best if I just drop a link to the wiki page as... Well, she's a comic book character, the history is pretty long and involved. A cool character, and I'm glad to have this figure of her. Even if it's not necessarily my favourite costume for her.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-25-2020

I see she's an archer! Cool! I tend to like archer characters in mythology, fantasy, etc.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-26-2020

The quiver of arrows is pretty cool! Nice action figure!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 10-26-2020

She certainly does have a long history. And I could see why it would be difficult to ex-plain the other one! They lost me after a couple paragraphs.... LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 10-26-2020

Yeah the costume is a little plain for her. But she looks really cool! I didn't know they'd had a female Hawkeye... but that's because I've been out of the comic loop for years now. LOL Thanks for the informative link.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:07 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I see she's an archer! Cool! I tend to like archer characters in mythology, fantasy, etc.

Archers do pop up on a semi frequent basis in superhero based stuff. Marvel has Hawkeye - usually Clint Barton but also Kate Bishop - and DC has Green Arrow who was ... more overtly based on Robin Hood, at least in the costume. 

(10-26-2020, 09:16 AM)davidd Wrote: The quiver of arrows is pretty cool! Nice action figure!

Thank you! Marvel Legends do make some of the cooler looking figures I own. Well, mostly. 

(10-26-2020, 09:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She certainly does have a long history.  And I could see why it would be difficult to ex-plain the other one!  They lost me after a couple paragraphs.... LOL

It really does happen. Wiki links are the easiest way to ex.plain a thing, but you need to focus to get through it. It's a double-edged ... thing. 

(10-26-2020, 01:31 PM)dunneh Wrote: Yeah the costume is a little plain for her. But she looks really cool! I didn't know they'd had a female Hawkeye... but that's because I've been out of the comic loop for years now. LOL Thanks for the informative link.

I'm half in, half out. It depends on the title really. You're welcome! 

- - - 

300. Day 300!

[Image: 76492415_2d7b694b39a3d8f19bc39ef591f0fa1b_standard.jpg]

"Are we meant to be doing something in particular?" 
"Not really, she just wanted to show off the new furniture she got for us. Oh, and my new dress." 
"This couch is pretty comfortable... Think she'll use it in photos more?" 
"Eh, I think she'll keep using the small pink one for a while yet. She's used to it. But these'll appear at some point."
"Good to know. Might go for a nap, actually." 
"You do that."

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-26-2020

Classy!!!

Congrats on surviving so far!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 10-27-2020

They look very relaxed smile Yay, 300!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-27-2020

This is funny! And, this is the first time I recall the characters mentioning the Big Person directly!

Very nice furniture! I agree with Basil, that sofa... couch... davenport... chesterfield... does look comfortable! The chair looks designed for settling in with a good book.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-27-2020

Very comfy looking furniture for a nap there. They both look very relaxed.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-27-2020

My first thought here was psychiatrist and patient.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-27-2020

(10-26-2020, 08:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Classy!!!

Congrats on surviving so far!

Thank you dear, only 65 days (minus today) left in the year... That is a very odd thought when I say it out loud. Well, type it out loud. 

(10-27-2020, 07:07 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: They look very relaxed smile Yay, 300!

A relaxed pose can be hard to pull off so I am glad they do come across as relaxed here. 

(10-27-2020, 07:21 AM)davidd Wrote: This is funny! And, this is the first time I recall the characters mentioning the Big Person directly!

Very nice furniture! I agree with Basil, that sofa... couch... davenport... chesterfield...  does look comfortable! The chair looks designed for settling in with a good book.

Hehe, this is true. I do prefer my lot to not address me, though if any are going to do it, it is more likely to be the BJDs...

I'm just really pleased with this set - it's good, solid furniture. 

(10-27-2020, 04:16 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Very comfy looking furniture for a nap there.  They both look very relaxed.

Now, there's an idea for a picture...

(10-27-2020, 04:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: My first thought here was psychiatrist and patient.

That would work pretty well, actually. I never considered that. 

- - - 

301. I is for Idiosyncrasy

[Image: 76537760_5758a3c4229417975d41c00592eeda1a_standard.jpg]

Definition: a mode of behaviour or way of thought peculiar to an individual.

Wednesday has always had a preference for beheading her dolls...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-28-2020

The Room's best girl! I love how you have a tiny headless doll for her! Which reminds me - we haven't seen the big Wednesday lately, how is she doing?