The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-31-2020

Behind on comments!

Very detailed figure of John. I watched Torchwood to the very end, but the longer it went the more it deteriorated.

Kermit is great, but he need the sticks to do proper flaily arms LOL

Big & little Loki’s! The plush one is adorable!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 10-31-2020

I wouldn't recognize either character if someone didn't tell me... >shrugs<
Anyway, it's a fun contrast to have both of those.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-31-2020

(10-31-2020, 02:48 AM)davidd Wrote: That's pretty funny!

I used to have a Palisades Kermit, years ago. Ended up selling all my Palisades (I only had three or four) except for one, Adventure Kermit, dressed like Indiana Jones. The Palisades Muppets were impressively detailed and extremely accurate likenesses. Unlike Loki's plushie self!

It made me laugh, so I figured it might make someone else laugh. 

Ahhhh. I've never even been able to get hold of one - if I did get any Palisades figure it would probably be Uncle Deadly! They were a fantastic line, and gone too soon. It's a shame the Diamon Select Muppet figures weren't in scale with it, it would have been great for people who had those older figures if they were. 

(10-31-2020, 02:50 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squee! Cute!

It somehow made me want cute chibi figures (like Nendos, but not necessarily) of all deities of trickery and mayhem and the fun stuff in general.

Huehuecoyotl, Anansi and Veles (because I'm a proud Slav) would be another must-haves alongside Loki. Also an entire line of raven figures from Raven Tales of Pacific Northwest natives.

Ooh, now that would actually be a really interesting line. I suspect it would be sold at mainly museums but still an awesome line idea! 

(10-31-2020, 08:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Behind on comments!

Very detailed figure of John.  I watched Torchwood to the very end, but the longer it went the more it deteriorated.

Kermit is great, but he need the sticks to do proper flaily arms LOL

Big & little Loki’s!  The plush one is adorable!

I think Torchwood did not really know what it wanted to be - an adult version of Doctor Who but... they couldn't seem to decide on what made the tone 'adult'. 

I will work out a way to do flaily arms! 

Plush one was gotten with a plush Thor for... extremely cheap, if I remember correctly. 

(10-31-2020, 04:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I wouldn't recognize either character if someone didn't tell me...  >shrugs<
Anyway, it's a fun contrast to have both of those.

It's okay, characters can be hard to recognise. 

It's fun to see them contrasted. 

- - - 

305. Happy Hallowe'en

[Image: 76727765_63ea3c388eb97fef332148915c8b950d_standard.jpg]

How does Wednesday spend this festive day? Scrying family, mostly. Mother's line seems to be busy...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-01-2020

That's a beautiful mirror, perfect for scrying.

I'd ex!pect a wild Halloween party in the Room (they all live there, so it would still respect social distancing and stuff). Then again, it might be nice not to have any fires for once.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-01-2020

A glimpse of Cousin Wednesday is always a treat, and particularly so on the Eve of All Hallows!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-01-2020

Very appropriate photo for today.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-01-2020

That's a neat mirror!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-01-2020

(11-01-2020, 01:10 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a beautiful mirror, perfect for scrying.

I'd ex!pect a wild Halloween party in the Room (they all live there, so it would still respect social distancing and stuff). Then again, it might be nice not to have any fires for once.

I've always thought this mirror looked right out of a story...

Oh, there was a party, but Wednesday didn't join until after she'd finished up her scrying. It's a day of family, after all. 

(11-01-2020, 09:32 AM)davidd Wrote: A glimpse of Cousin Wednesday is always a treat, and particularly so on the Eve of All Hallows!

She is a rare person to snap photos of.

(11-01-2020, 09:43 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Very appropriate photo for today.

Thank you! 

(11-01-2020, 12:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That's a neat mirror!

Thank you! 

- - - 

306. M is for Mish Mash

[Image: 76767587_1a93c8be9f8c7dafa6081c4785506ecd_standard.jpg]

Another bear! This is Mish Mash, from the 2018 collection. He's 16 1/2" tall and in these great monochrome tones. Though I can't help but feel like he looks almost worried in this picture, and I can't think what about...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-01-2020

Ooh, I love the greyscale not-exactly-color scheme! And he looks so fluffy!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-02-2020

Mish (Monster) Mash reminds me of the Monster High greyscale Frankie Stein releases.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-02-2020

Yes, he does look a little worried. The placement of the white at the bottoms of the eyes is what makes them look a little sad or worried to me.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-02-2020

His back paw-prints are so cute. And his silver ribbon is very dashing.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-03-2020

(11-01-2020, 11:52 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ooh, I love the greyscale not-exactly-color scheme! And he looks so fluffy!

The colour scheme is delightful! And he is so fluffy! 

(11-02-2020, 09:30 AM)davidd Wrote: Mish (Monster) Mash reminds me of the Monster High greyscale Frankie Stein releases.

Those were great releases... I really think a cool collectors line would be all the original 6 in greyscale, to mimic the classic monster movies. That would be a cool thing. 

(11-02-2020, 12:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, he does look a little worried.  The placement of the white at the bottoms of the eyes is what makes them look a little sad or worried to me.

It is nice that his face is so ex.pressive, just wish he didn't look worried. 

(11-02-2020, 02:31 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: His back paw-prints are so cute.  And his silver ribbon is very dashing.

Ahhh, thank you! 

- - - 

307. N is for New Skill

[Image: 76813402_b9ec5ed481661ec28e6f97de1bc957b8_standard.jpg]

"I can't believe your mother neglected to teach you this." 
"Monday, Mother did teach me potions, and made sure I reached at least black belt. And scrying seems so... old fashioned for my liking. I much prefer letters, in which you can ex.press yourself with the best words that you mind can conjure. Wouldn't you agree, Wednesday?" 
"...It's time to learn to scry." 

Ophelia is the only one of the girls who doesn't know how to scry-call family members. In fairness? Her mother did try, but her daughter waxed lyrical about the beauty of the written word.  Still... Grandmama prefers her girls scry-calling at least once a month.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-03-2020

Letters are lovely, but not nearly as practical. I vote for scrying, too!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-03-2020

Once Ophelia learns that scrying can also be used for spying she might develop a new appreciation for the skill.

I do, however, appreciate Ophelia's dedication to the fading art of letter-writing. I imagine she has the most lovely handwriting.

Great fun to see the three Cousins together again!