The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-03-2020

The idea of scry calling is great. I like mixing old school magic with modern day concepts,

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-03-2020

...so, would that be a scrype call...? xp
*raises hand as someone who still writes Real Letters*

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-03-2020

Thanks, all for lovely comments!

I'm just going to dither here a bit and ramble before I post today's photo. See, I'm looking towards the next year and the 2021 challenge and... while I do have ideas that could work for a daily posting... I don't necessarily know if I want to do a daily photo challenge. Just sometimes it can feel a little chore like, as much fun as I have doing it. Hm, I will continue to ponder it, at least. Again: I've been having ideas for stuff to do. But this year I had been hoping to go out and take more photos and that really hasn't happened so... Yeah, I just don't know. Anyway, today's photo!

- - -

308. O is for Older

[Image: 76856168_a83e4ee36b84600d306fc747ee336d93_standard.jpg]

Older than the usual portrayal of Alice, that is. This is the Disney Store doll that came out for Alice Through the Looking Glass. The dress and shoes are actually from the doll that Jakks put out, and because I liked the blue dress look best, I decided to combine.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-03-2020

Lovely dress and lovely hair!

As for 2021 challenge, do take your time pondering it. I'm not having as much fun this year, but I'm not sure how much of it is this being my third year in the row and how much just 2020 being a sheetshow of a year. Definitely both, I just don't know the ratio. Also, having completed this twice already, it doesn't feel so rewarding anymore. I came, I saw, I conquered, I got bored.

You could try focusing more on The Life in the Room and incorporating some bits of challenge into it, like a special weekly segment or something.

Either way, you're not alone in this, both me and davidd seem to be not exactly keen on doing this again, and I've been feeling this way for a while now. Just think about what would be fun and don't weigh yourself down by ex!pecting too much from yourself. Hugs!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-04-2020

That's a pretty version of Alice. Is she in proper 1/6 scale?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-04-2020

(11-03-2020, 11:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Lovely dress and lovely hair!

As for 2021 challenge, do take your time pondering it. I'm not having as much fun this year, but I'm not sure how much of it is this being my third year in the row and how much just 2020 being a sheetshow of a year. Definitely both, I just don't know the ratio. Also, having completed this twice already, it doesn't feel so rewarding anymore. I came, I saw, I conquered, I got bored.

You could try focusing more on The Life in the Room and incorporating some bits of challenge into it, like a special weekly segment or something.

Either way, you're not alone in this, both me and davidd seem to be not exactly keen on doing this again, and I've been feeling this way for a while now. Just think about what would be fun and don't weigh yourself down by ex!pecting too much from yourself. Hugs!

I'm surprised her hair has managed to stay so neat, tbh. Usually hair is a hard thing for me to keep decent. 

Yeaaaaah, am going to consider it very carefully. All the hugs to you as well! 

(11-04-2020, 02:34 AM)davidd Wrote: That's a pretty version of Alice. Is she in proper 1/6 scale?

She's normal doll height so... yeah 1/6 scale. 

- - - 

309. P is for Penny Chew

[Image: 76905689_019bffa8f2a403534c57be1940a008ff_standard.jpg]

Another bear day! This is Penny Chew, from the 2014 Charlie Bears collection, and she was my third I added to my collection, actually. She's about 12 1/2" tall, and I consider her the 'twin' of All-sorts. I love the colour pattern here.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-05-2020

I like how her ears sit a bit lower on her head, makes her super-cute!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-05-2020

(11-04-2020, 11:41 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Yeaaaaah, am going to consider it very carefully. All the hugs to you as well! 

- - - 

Penny Chew! Fun name for a "twin" to Allsorts! I suppose you could have called her Dolly Mixtures, but Penny Chew is much better!

Yeaaaah... you're going to consider it very carefully, as am I, and as is Neon-J... and then we're all going to give ADAD another go, because what else will there be to do during another year of lockdown? And it's kind of our daily chat session! I think we'd all miss it quite a lot. But between now and then we'll grumble about it, because that's part of the fun ex-perience.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-05-2020

Cute bear! How many do you have in all?
Alice looks like she should be porcelain -- just the colour of her skin.

(11-05-2020, 12:58 PM)davidd Wrote: And it's kind of our daily chat session! I think we'd all miss it quite a lot.
I know I would! With all the negativity on the internet, doll forums are a happy place smile
God willin' an' the crick don't rise, PTFCo crew will be up for pic-a-week again.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-05-2020

(11-05-2020, 02:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like how her ears sit a bit lower on her head, makes her super-cute!

Awww, thank you! I do find her adorable myself. 

(11-05-2020, 12:58 PM)davidd Wrote: Penny Chew! Fun name for a "twin" to Allsorts! I suppose you could have called her Dolly Mixtures, but Penny Chew is much better!

Yeaaaah... you're going to consider it very carefully, as am I, and as is Neon-J... and then we're all going to give ADAD another go, because what else will there be to do during another year of lockdown? And it's kind of our daily chat session! I think we'd all miss it quite a lot. But between now and then we'll grumble about it, because that's part of the fun ex-perience.

Penny Chew is the stock name. Oddly enough, I don't think they have a bear called Dolly Mixtures yet, and I'm actually pretty surprised by that. Especially since they all All-sorts! 

And... yeah, you're likely right on that front regarding ADAD. I do have ideas, I've started to note a lot of them down and mark days in the calendar that I need to be aware of. Grumbling is a needed thing, I will very much agree to that.

(11-05-2020, 01:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Cute bear!  How many do you have in all?
Alice looks like she should be porcelain -- just the colour of her skin.

Charlie Bears, I have roughly... 44 of them, though two of that number are technically Mum's. I have a small Steiff collection as well, but it's largely made up of the smaller plush, not their mohairs or exclusive ones. I've been very, very lucky in my bear collecting. 

Actually, you just made me think of the Tonner version of this Alice which I think is gorgeous - link for people to see

- - - 

310. Q is for Queue

[Image: 76948827_c852037e32547bdcb7a58867ab6d3a7f_standard.jpg]

"I'm not even sure what we're queuing for."

Something that every British person knows how to do perfectly.  So of course, dolls living here know how to do it too.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-05-2020

LOL

Queuing for who knows what was normal here during communism. Everything good, like decent quality food or fancy things, like actually functional TVs and radios, or even furniture, were scarce and came in stock only so often, so one couldn't get those without standing in queue. So when you saw a queue, it was more often than not worth going to stand in it.

Re: ADAD - I dunno. I'm more and more inclined to not do it. The idea that I'll have peace and quiet and time for other projects after this one is just too tempting. You guys go and tackle another one, and I'll be there to cheer you on!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-06-2020

(11-05-2020, 11:00 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Re: ADAD - I dunno. I'm more and more inclined to not do it. 

We'll discuss this later, young lady!
yay

Over the past few years there has been a growing discussion here in the States... back when nothing important was happening and people could focus on meaningless trivial things... as to whether the proper phrase was "standing in line" or "standing on line." 

On line? I had never heard that before until about two years ago, when all of a sudden many people... I suspect more to sound pretentious than anything else... started using it. The claim is that's what people say in New York.

Why would anyone want to be like New York? But I digress.

So, in the UK, do you stand "in queue" or "on queue"?

I would think "in queue," since the queue is the group that is lined up, and of which you become a part.

Or do you simply use the word as a verb, as you have here, "queueing up" or "queueing?"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-06-2020

Thanks all

davidd it's in a queue, but we say queueing or lining up. Depends where you are.

- - -

311. R is for Rowlf

[Image: 76992951_3cac74db2b85f9dbc09c45275c1f2619_standard.jpg]

My favourite Muppet! Rowlf was a plush sold by the Disney Store around the time of Muppets Most Wanted being released in the cinema. I was delighted to see the piano playing pooch get a plush, so of course I picked it up. He's very cuddly.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-07-2020

That's a cute Rowlf! Is there a plush of each character?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 11-07-2020

Aw! Rowlf is my favorite, too smile