The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-07-2020

Rowlf has been around for a long, long time!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-07-2020

I was always more of an Animal fan.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-07-2020

(11-07-2020, 12:44 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's a cute Rowlf! Is there a plush of each character?

Actually, no? The ones I know the Disney Store did are: Animal, Constantine, Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Rowlf and Walter. I don't know if there's been others apart from those...

(11-07-2020, 01:15 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! Rowlf is my favorite, too smile

He's a good pup, so he is. 

(11-07-2020, 04:49 AM)davidd Wrote: Rowlf has been around for a long, long time!

The oldest of the Muppets, having appeared on ... I think it was Sam and Friends before the Muppets were really a thing.

(11-07-2020, 12:29 PM)Elfy Wrote: I was always more of an Animal fan.

Animal is fantastic, too! 

- - - 

312. S is for Sweetie Shop

[Image: 77043823_0d8dd84ed49e3620cce5ff6d0031bc01_standard.jpg]

Four bears for the price of one, today! These are bears who are generally classed as the sweetie shop collection - their names are inspired by sweets. so, let's get this done.

Pick - Red - 11 1/2" tall, from 2016. Black tipping on his ears
Mix - Yellow - 11 1/2" tall, from th3 2016 collection. Black tipped on her years! 
Butterscotch - Orangey - 8" tall, from the 2019 collection
Smartie - Blue - 9" tall, from the 2019 collection.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-07-2020

So much fluff in one photo! They're utterly adorable!

I don't have any bears in unnatural colors. No fantasy sheep, either. Hmm...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-08-2020

Delightfully delicious sweet shop sampler!

The bright colours remind me of... oh well, just another boring "back when I was a little kid" thing, doesn't matter. But it's a fun pic!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 11-08-2020

I like that they all appear to have different ex.pressions... Pick looks slightly disgruntled in a curmudgeonly grandfather way, Mix (who also looks slightly more "dog" than "bear" to me) looks more laid-back and just kind of taking everything in, Butterscotch looks kind of bemused/ befuddled, and Smartie looks very stone-faced.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-08-2020

They look super cute - sweet, if I may say. My first thought was that they are like candy, then I read on, and it seems I wasn't so off Tongue
It's fun to read about your bears, I've never thought there are so many types and even themed ones until I've come across your collection here.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-08-2020

Sooo much colourful floofiness! I can imagine, on a bad day, one might want to just pile all the bears in one big heap and crawl in! LOL
Rowlf is a classic.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-08-2020

I think the colourful collection may have just enabled neon.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-08-2020

I think the forum has been eating my replies. I know I posted about the bear & the queue... anyway, they were both cool pics, your bears are all so interesting in shades & colours.

Rowlf was always my favourite Muppet as well.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-08-2020

The brightly-coloured quartet are so cute. I don’t see many bright bears here, they’re more natural or muted colours.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-08-2020

(11-07-2020, 11:06 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So much fluff in one photo! They're utterly adorable!

I don't have any bears in unnatural colors. No fantasy sheep, either. Hmm...

All the fluff for the fun! 

Hmmm fantasy coloured sheep would be fantastic.

(11-08-2020, 05:43 AM)davidd Wrote: Delightfully delicious sweet shop sampler!

The bright colours remind me of... oh well, just another boring "back when I was a little kid" thing, doesn't matter. But it's a fun pic!

Thank you! 

(11-08-2020, 06:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I like that they all appear to have different ex.pressions... Pick looks slightly disgruntled in a curmudgeonly grandfather way, Mix (who also looks slightly more "dog" than "bear" to me) looks more laid-back and just kind of taking everything in, Butterscotch looks kind of bemused/ befuddled, and Smartie looks very stone-faced.

Heh, and a lot of that is just because of the way the fluff fell. 

(11-08-2020, 06:41 AM)Loona Wrote: They look super cute - sweet, if I may say. My first thought was that they are like candy, then I read on, and it seems I wasn't so off Tongue
It's fun to read about your bears, I've never thought there are so many types and even themed ones until I've come across your collection here.

Bear collecting is a whole thing on it's own - there's so many out there. 

(11-08-2020, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Sooo much colourful floofiness!  I can imagine, on a bad day, one might want to just pile all the bears in one big heap and crawl in!  LOL
Rowlf is a classic.

Ooh it would be very tempting. 

(11-08-2020, 01:02 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think the colourful collection may have just enabled neon.

... Not a bad thing.

(11-08-2020, 01:20 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I think the forum has been eating my replies.  I know I posted about the bear & the queue...  anyway, they were both cool pics, your bears are all so interesting in shades & colours.

Rowlf was always my favourite Muppet as well.

That happened to me a few times...

And yay for Rowlf fans! 

(11-08-2020, 01:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The brightly-coloured quartet are so cute.  I don’t see many bright bears here, they’re more natural or muted colours.

I really think it depends on where you're looking - looking at bears meant for collecting can have the bright colours. 

- - - 

313. T is for Thor

[Image: 77089544_119e09344ed37a14f7b4049ee0df4948_standard.jpg]

"I quite like it. I said I was very popular with the mortals." 

At least someone knows how to take a plushie version of himself.

"...We're not cutting my hair that short, are we?"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-09-2020

I hate the Important Haircut trope.

It's probably because of combination of my long hair fetish and a traumatic memory from childhood when my grandmother (not the cool one I mention now and then, the other one) decided to trim my bangs and ended up giving me the most extreme mullet ever - the whole top was haphazardly cut to cca 1cm, the back was left untouched. There was no saving it, so everything had to go. I was around three years old back then and didn't really like my shaved head.

So yeah, Thor, don't let anyone touch your hair!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-09-2020

Awesome pics. I am late to the party but I did look through them all, I promise! I'm just bad about checking.

I agree with neon, don't let anyone touch your hair! I didn't like Thor's haircut either.... I mean it was fine, I just thought it was unnecessary. But I did like Ragnarok a ton. But I didn't like the 'fat people are funny' Thor shtick either in Endgame, soo... LOL My brother and I were Thor fans before the movies so I guess I have a weird protectiveness of the Thor character. Great to see some Thor figures! Its neat seeing all the different figures and plushies on your threads, it inspires me to take some pics of my non-pullip collectibles.

The Muppets! I love the Muppets and Sesame Street. I love Rowlf too, though my fave is Miss Piggy in terms of character, but I wouldn't buy a plushie of her as she's not very furry and cuddly... I would pick Rowlf or Rizzo maybe. I have a soft spot for oft-forgotten comedy relief Rizzo. That's a really great Rowlf plush though, super soft looking. My fave 'muppet' (well he's not in the muppets technically) is Grover though. I have a lot of Grover stuff and one Oscar the Grouch plushie from when I was a kid.

Wow those mismatched bear fur bears are really really cute!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-09-2020

Love the two Thor’s, especially that one is from Ragnarok.