The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-17-2020

Oh dear, more Ai enabling... But I want to get Koi Princess Maya and both versions of the latest Milo before that. And Chocolala... Excuse me, I have to go rob a bank or two.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-18-2020

Wow that size comparison is super informative. I didn't know how big the Neemos were in relation to each other! Marmalade is the picco neemo? She really is incredibly tiny! I like the Odeko/Nikki dolls a lot too. I'm not super into anthro dolls but seeing yours does make me want to get some!

Ooh you're right, Petworks has quite a few anthro dolls ... like Mini Myamyi -- she's super cute too.

No it wasn't Catwalk, though those are cute! It was .... I really have to wrack my brain for this... ugh. Ah finally! It was Madame Alexander's French Kitty! I saw them in an FAO Schwarz a long time ago, they were really pretty close up and I always wanted to get one. They are long gone it looks like.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-18-2020

One of the rare instances where the Pullip is the largest.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-18-2020

(11-17-2020, 11:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh dear, more Ai enabling... But I want to get Koi Princess Maya and both versions of the latest Milo before that. And Chocolala... Excuse me, I have to go rob a bank or two.

Oh, man, do I feel this. There's been a few Azone releases that I'd love to get hold of. Azone wise, my top release is one of the Lil Fairy Twinkle Candy girls - Erunoe is in stock on Fabrics Friends... I even want the new Ruruko Wizard boy - the red-head. It's just a case of saving up the pennies, and hoping that they pop up on Mandarake. But, all that being said, I highly suggest Ai for you. She's brilliant. 

(11-18-2020, 12:18 AM)dunneh Wrote: Wow that size comparison is super informative. I didn't know how big the Neemos were in relation to each other! Marmalade is the picco neemo? She really is incredibly tiny! I like the Odeko/Nikki dolls a lot too. I'm not super into anthro dolls but seeing yours does make me want to get some! 

Ooh you're right, Petworks has quite a few anthro dolls ... like Mini Myamyi -- she's super cute too.

No it wasn't Catwalk, though those are cute! It was .... I really have to wrack my brain for this... ugh. Ah finally! It was Madame Alexander's French Kitty! I saw them in an FAO Schwarz a long time ago, they were really pretty close up and I always wanted to get one. They are long gone it looks like.

Marmalade is the orange cat. The picco neemo is the one in the small red dress with gold trim on the hem. I seem to have gained an anthro collection without really knowing how it happened. I do like the creativity that the designs call for though. 

Ooh, I had never seen those Madame Alexander dolls. They look very nice, very mimialist in style but in a way that works for the design. 

(11-18-2020, 03:38 PM)Elfy Wrote: One of the rare instances where the Pullip is the largest.

True, but all her height is in her head. If her head were more proportionate to her body, she'd probably stand about just smaller than the Mattel Elphaba doll. 

- - - 

323. Settled

[Image: 77518750_183adf519939a080953d662096e6d3b7_standard.jpg]

Just a quick shelfie really to show off where Marmalade is sitting now. She's gained a little Paddington Bear figure as her own, and seems very comfortable on the sofa.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-18-2020

Ahh! Comparison with a doll I have (Pullip) gives me a better understanding of the differences.

Otherwise I just assume they are all either Pullip or Ever After High sized. It doesn’t really make any difference to enjoying the photos.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-18-2020

She looks very comfy on the couch with her fellow anthros.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-19-2020

That's such an adorable group!!! Heart

And yay for a rare sighting of the mysterious R.T.!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-19-2020

Well, it looks to be quite the comfortable sofa... and suitable for a variety of scales to enjoy!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-19-2020

And they're sitting in front of books, too, so they're a well read group. I kind of feel like Marmalade should be sitting in front of a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-19-2020

They all look comfortable on the shelf.
I'm always amused at how odd Pullips look beside dolls with normal-size heads. Why I almost never shoot them together.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-19-2020

She seems to have settled in just fine. Look at that delighted grin! From this angle, the grin even seems a bit positively surprised - as if she was saying "wow, this is unex-pectedly comfy, are you sure you'll allow me to sit her? Really?" grin

(11-19-2020, 03:54 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm always amused at how odd Pullips look beside dolls with normal-size heads.  Why I almost never shoot them together.
They really do! LOL Besides not taking photos of them together with other dolls, I also find myself preferring to have them around segregated from other dolls - the only exceptions are my Shibajuku Girl and Tangkou dolls, their proportions are relatively similar and thus there is no oddity when they are next to one another.
For some reason though, there's currently a Pullip, a J-doll and an Isul right next to one another on my desk, and they don't look as odd together as I'd ex-pect - their heads aren't aligned/on the same level though (the Isul is sitting, with the J-doll standing next to him, and the Pullip sitting on a little shelf next to them), so I think that's what does the trick - I'm not sure I'd like to have all 3 standing upright next to one another, that's in odd territory again O_o

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-19-2020

Thank you, all!

- - -

324. Wicked 25th Anniversary

[Image: 77567473_2cd0668b44f788782122058435f091cf_standard.jpg]

So I found out that this year it's been 25 years since the novel Wicked by Gregory Maguire was published. Hence the picture.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-20-2020

Wicked cool! Happy birthday, Green Ladies!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-20-2020

A quarter of a century since the "new" take on the Wizard of Oz came out?

The costume on that version of the figure is superbly excellent!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-20-2020

Wow! Time sure flies, just like Elphaba on her broom.