The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-20-2020

She looks very pretty for a "wicked" witch.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-20-2020

My bad, Marmalade was the cat! Sorry. I get confused easily. LOL I love that shelf pic! Your anthro collection may have just sprung up out of nowhere but its such a sweet collection, they somehow really go together despite all being different.

Yeah Mme Alexander's French Kitty was like 30 dollars at release, they seem to be worth hundreds now. Not quite worth it.... I mean they are very cute and all but there are cuter anthros for much cheaper.

Love the Wicked pic! Those book covers are very pretty. Ah Wicked, I remember walking on Broadway in NY in 2006 at the height of the musical's popularity and seeing the posters everywhere.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-20-2020

(11-20-2020, 02:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Wicked cool! Happy birthday, Green Ladies!

Indeed! 

(11-20-2020, 03:42 AM)davidd Wrote: A quarter of a century since the "new" take on the Wizard of Oz came out? 

The costume on that version of the figure is superbly excellent!

This is the Barbie Signature Wicked Elphaba doll, created for the 15th anniversary of the stage musical. The outfit is the Act 2 costume for Elphaba, and yeah, it just looks amazing. One of those stock pieces that is probably worth picking up if you can. 

(11-20-2020, 02:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: Wow! Time sure flies, just like Elphaba on her broom.

I believe I insert the "time is but an illusion" quote here...?

(11-20-2020, 02:58 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks very pretty for a "wicked" witch.

Well, the whole point of Wicked was "why was the wicked witch so wicked" and basically giving her character motivation beyond the basic of wanting the shoes. But then again, wanting something that belonged to her sister who had just recently been killed doesn't really seem so awful now I'm older... 

(11-20-2020, 09:03 PM)dunneh Wrote: My bad, Marmalade was the cat! Sorry. I get confused easily. LOL I love that shelf pic! Your anthro collection may have just sprung up out of nowhere but its such a sweet collection, they somehow really go together despite all being different. 

Yeah Mme Alexander's French Kitty was like 30 dollars at release, they seem to be worth hundreds now. Not quite worth it.... I mean they are very cute and all but there are cuter anthros for much cheaper. 

Love the Wicked pic! Those book covers are very pretty. Ah Wicked, I remember walking on Broadway  in NY in 2006 at the height of the musical's popularity and seeing the posters everywhere.

It's okay, it can be hard to keep track of various names and what not. I think my anthro collection works together because I rarely care about mixing different brands and styles for photos. There's another couple of BJDs I'd love to pick up, and I'm carefully saving my money so I can order at least one of them. Hopefully. 

Ahh yes, the height of the popularity and the ever present question of who is the best Elphaba? 

- - - 

325. A is for Alice

[Image: 77614049_e34819e67aa55ef235e1cf86ee5b916f_standard.jpg]

So earlier this year, Disney Store released some dolls of long asked for characters in their 'classic doll' range. The four will pop up throughout this A to Z run, and here is the first of them! Alice from Alice in Wonderland, and this is how she looked straight out of the box. I have to admit, I'm both surprised and not at all surprised that they didn't give her tights or stockings, but it's not that hard a sewing job to do myself. Finicky, but not hard. The dresses are coated in glitter, but I know that soaking them in acetone will remove it, so I just need to do that. All that said? It's a really cute Alice doll.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-20-2020

Alice is one of those characters I like in doll form in 9 out of 10 cases, and this one is no exception, though I'm exclusively a book fan and not familiar with any of the movies.

Yeah, the glitter would have to go... We don't do that here (either).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-21-2020

The classic Disney dolls are very pretty, love their little faces. The classic range is very nice, way better than their new 'shimmer' ones.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-21-2020

Soak her dress in acetone? I'M MELLTTTIINNGGGGG!!!!"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-21-2020

Doesn't the acetone back remove (some of the) colour too? Interesting idea, and if not, I'll also have to try that out myself,as while I like glitter on certain things, doll cothing isn't necessarily one of them - and especially not when it sheds like crazy. Disney is unfortunately prone to produce such doll dresses (I'm looking at my DS Rapunzel as I type this)...

I'm like neon, I tend to like most Alice dolls, I just dig the aesthetics. This girl is also a cute example smile I like her outfit, the lace at the bottom of the dress, and the shoes look lovely.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-21-2020

I always feel like Disney Alice is the right Alice, but for the most part they wisely based their visions of Alice on the Tenniel illustrations.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-21-2020

(11-20-2020, 11:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Alice is one of those characters I like in doll form in 9 out of 10 cases, and this one is no exception, though I'm exclusively a book fan and not familiar with any of the movies.

Yeah, the glitter would have to go... We don't do that here (either).

The movie is a bit of a mash up of both books and definitely does things it's own way, but in a way that works well for an animated feature. 

Need to get hold of the right stuff to de-glitter the dress. 

(11-21-2020, 01:09 AM)dunneh Wrote: The classic Disney dolls are very pretty, love their little faces. The classic range is very nice, way better than their new 'shimmer' ones.

I just always think the Disney Store dolls have the better faces of Disney dolls... At least, at the moment. Some of the 90s Mattel ones are more film accurate.

(11-21-2020, 03:30 AM)davidd Wrote: Soak her dress in acetone? I'M MELLTTTIINNGGGGG!!!!"

Must remember to wash it off afterwards.

(11-21-2020, 07:59 AM)Loona Wrote: Doesn't the acetone back remove (some of the) colour too? Interesting idea, and if not, I'll also have to try that out myself,as while I like glitter on certain things, doll cothing isn't necessarily one of them - and especially not when it sheds like crazy. Disney is unfortunately prone to produce such doll dresses (I'm looking at my DS Rapunzel as I type this)...

I'm like neon, I tend to like most Alice dolls, I just dig the aesthetics. This girl is also a cute example smile I like her outfit, the lace at the bottom of the dress, and the shoes look lovely.

It does, but not as much as you might think? I think it can depend on how much dye is in the actual dress. I've seen someone do it for this exact doll and the dress is still as blue as ever it was, so I feel cautiously optimistic about trying it. 

The lace at the bottom surprised me, it's a bit more than I had figured Disney would put on a general store doll. 

(11-21-2020, 04:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: I always feel like Disney Alice is the right Alice, but for the most part they wisely based their visions of Alice on the Tenniel illustrations.

Disney Alice is definitely the image that comes to mind when most people think of Alice.

- - - 

326. B is for Bayley

[Image: 77660856_f1aa767d42e26db9f3a71c72b7117c98_standard.jpg]

One of my wrestling figures. Because why not?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-21-2020

She looks super-cheerful and the pic is displaying properly for me!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-22-2020

Bayley looks so happy, with a childishly innocent-looking smile on her face, that I cannot help but wonder what might have caused her joy. I don't believe it's "just" a wrestling victory, it seems something more special...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-22-2020

Bayley looks like she might rival Carly for cheer...
Alice is very cute and definitely has a 'classic' look.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-22-2020

Wrestling... and punching, apparently!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-22-2020

Is she the Australian member of the WWE?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-22-2020

Pretty Alice even if her dress is covered in glitter.

Bayley looks very happy with whatever she's doing.