The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-22-2020

Wow that's a really cool figure! Have to say that figure making has really come far.... I looked her up and it looks so much like her!

I agree the Disney store dolls are better than the toy store fare.... the 'shimmer' dolls are just... their heads are accurate I guess but there is no cohesion in the line. They look a bit generic, especially Cindy who reminds me of Barbie. Their clothes are also very simplistic. Mulan's dress looks cool, same with Snow White, but Tiana's is really blah imo and Ariel's especially is not great. The classic dolls are much better, though they are more exþensive so that makes sense. They still look like their animated counterparts but they also match each other in their face shape etc which I really like.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-22-2020

(11-21-2020, 10:22 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks super-cheerful and the pic is displaying properly for me!

I worked out what the issue was and was able to fix it, so I'm glad to hear it went back to displaying properly.

(11-22-2020, 01:17 AM)Loona Wrote: Bayley looks so happy, with a childishly innocent-looking smile on her face, that I cannot help but wonder what might have caused her joy. I don't believe it's "just" a wrestling victory, it seems something more special...

Nope, really is just a wrestling victory. For the era that this figure represents - her NXT time - Bayley's character was a fan who had made it to the big time. She was cheery because she was living her dream. It was actually really nice. She's a heel now, but it's been played out pretty well. 

(11-22-2020, 10:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Bayley looks like she might rival Carly for cheer...
Alice is very cute and definitely has a 'classic' look.

She just might be able to do that, actually. 

I'm really surprised that they didn't think to make a general Alice doll for sale before now - I know there was a couple in the 90s and very early 2000s, but the Alice in Wonderland film has been growing in popularity for years - if they had a doll on sale around the time of their live action movies, I bet it would have gone through the roof, so to speak. 

(11-22-2020, 12:13 PM)davidd Wrote: Wrestling... and punching, apparently!

Punching is allowed in pro-wrestling... 

(11-22-2020, 12:34 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is she the Australian member of the WWE?

No... I think I know who you mean, but it's one of three people so I'm trying to work out which of the three it would be. 

(11-22-2020, 06:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Pretty Alice even if her dress is covered in glitter.

Bayley looks very happy with whatever she's doing.

I really wish they didn't cover their dresses in glitter - it makes them feel... less nice? 

Celebrating a victory by asking for high-fives, clearly. 

(11-22-2020, 07:07 PM)dunneh Wrote: Wow that's a really cool figure! Have to say that figure making has really come far.... I looked her up and it looks so much like her!

I agree the Disney store dolls are better than the toy store fare.... the 'shimmer' dolls are just... their heads are accurate I guess but there is no cohesion in the line. They look a bit generic, especially Cindy who reminds me of Barbie. Their clothes are also very simplistic. Mulan's dress looks cool, same with Snow White, but Tiana's is really blah imo and Ariel's especially is not great. The classic dolls are much better, though they are more exþensive so that makes sense. They still look like their animated counterparts but they also match each other in their face shape etc which I really like.

Oh yeah, the Real-FX scans now mean that the figures are really amazingly accurate, and it's a great time for wrestling figure collectors as a result. Though I do have an older figure that's got a surprisingly decent face-scan for it's era. 

Honestly, I don't think there's been a perfectly movie accurate representation of most Disney characters who get a doll. Well, no, tell a lie, Moana's store doll looks pretty good actually...

- - - 

327. C is for Contemplating

[Image: 77707420_10c501a61854c3d0cfc8c16f11a77a72_standard.jpg]

This is the Disney Store Alice dressed in the stock of Pullip Regneration Series Fantastic Alice, as I am contemplating making her something like it. It's on the back burner of things I will make, but it's a thought. I like the idea of her having a flouncier pinafore as it would be a bit more accurate to what Alice would have actually worn. Hm. Going to think on it a bit more.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-22-2020

I love Fantastic Alice's dress! Also Classical's one. I generally tend to like Tenniel-esque Alice dresses, so I think it's a great idea to sew her something like that. I can't sew anything that fancy yet, but I plan to sew a ton of Alice dresses for my dolls.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-23-2020

The Pullip dress looks absolutely perfect on Disney Store Alice!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-23-2020

The dress suits her perfectly.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-23-2020

I love fantastic Alice's dress on Disney Alice too! Looks so much cuter. What a cute doll she is though. ♥ Again I love the face ups in that line.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-23-2020

She’s so cute in the other dress.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-23-2020

(11-22-2020, 11:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love Fantastic Alice's dress! Also Classical's one. I generally tend to like Tenniel-esque Alice dresses, so I think it's a great idea to sew her something like that. I can't sew anything that fancy yet, but I plan to sew a ton of Alice dresses for my dolls.

Ah no, it looks fancier than it is, but it's all pretty simple sewing, really. It's going on the backburner for things to sew though. Mostly cause I will need to get the right shades of blue in. 

(11-23-2020, 02:50 PM)davidd Wrote: The Pullip dress looks absolutely perfect on Disney Store Alice!

Thank you! 

(11-23-2020, 03:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: The dress suits her perfectly.

Thank you! 

(11-23-2020, 03:28 PM)dunneh Wrote: I love fantastic Alice's dress on Disney Alice too! Looks so much cuter. What a cute doll she is though. ♥ Again I love the face ups in that line.

I have to agree again, they really do have good faces. 

(11-23-2020, 05:37 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s so cute in the other dress.

It does feel a bit more book like, which is good. 

- - - 

328. D is for Duo

[Image: 77753321_2a8b8f50eee54c4b3c741a6ba8a84495_standard.jpg]

Woody and Bulbasaur make an oddly cute duo of friends, don't they?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-23-2020

They do! I like garlic turtle's Bulbasaur's hat and scarf.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-24-2020

That's one cheeky smile Woody has there. And I still love your Bulba and his trendy apparel smile

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-24-2020

Bulbasaur is daring anyone to disagree with that statement... or with any of his opinions.

I'll agree with whatever Bulbasaur wants.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-24-2020

Haha, Woody looks really chill, ready to let his friend handle everything.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-24-2020

I can see those 2 going on odd couple adventures.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-24-2020

(11-23-2020, 11:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They do! I like garlic turtle's Bulbasaur's hat and scarf.

The hat and scarf are really adorable for him. 

(11-24-2020, 06:54 AM)Loona Wrote: That's one cheeky smile Woody has there. And I still love your Bulba and his trendy apparel smile

He has what Charlie Bears calls their giggler face, and it just suits him so well.

(11-24-2020, 11:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Bulbasaur is daring anyone to disagree with that statement... or with any of his opinions.

I'll agree with whatever Bulbasaur wants.

Probably for the best, some of his moves are pretty powerful. 

(11-24-2020, 12:10 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha, Woody looks really chill, ready to let his friend handle everything.

Bulbasaur can handle himself... 

(11-24-2020, 01:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: I can see those 2 going on odd couple adventures.

Heh, that would be pretty fun if they both weren't so big LOL. 

- - - 

329. E is for Esmeralda (2.0)

[Image: 77800508_895bba359b259a9bf1d52f890c0b0bd7_standard.jpg]

Another one of the newer releases by the Disney Store and honestly the best one in my opinion. Esmeralda just looks really stunning and I'm glad to have this doll.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-25-2020

Still no wagon or caravan for her, huh?