The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 02-12-2020

I think they may have realised how limited John Boyega is as an actor, and a large section of fandom only wanted him to have a relationship with Poe.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-12-2020

(02-12-2020, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The jacket really does look great on him!

It's one of the cooler pieces Mattel have put on one of their male dolls lately. Feels really nice, too.

(02-12-2020, 02:31 AM)davidd Wrote: What became of Finn in the third movie? He was an interesting character with a lot of potential in the first film. He became a cartoonish non-entity of a supporting character in the second movie. I think I read that Finn and Poe had some conflict over Rey's affections, which, if that is true, sounds totally stupid. And then there was what's her name, Rose? The one that fans, at least online, despised for... no concrete reason that I can identify, who seemed to have a bit of a (not very credible) crush on Finn in the second movie.

Anyway, good luck, Finn! The Empire (or whatever it was called) was a formidable foe, but now you're in The Room! You're gonna have to up your game!

Okay, I will disagree to an extent on the second movie's characterisation of him as it was imparting a lesson the character did need. Finn have transferred his devotion to the First Order into following Rey around in TFA, and TLJ needed to have him learn that he couldn't be passive in the scheme of things. That being said, I think they could have done it in a far better manner than they did. TRoS is... a mixed bag. They continue the strand of him moving forward and becoming more active... but they do this by reverting back - in a sense - to him screaming REY every other scene. It's... Well, IDK. He becomes a General but again /shrug. 

Rose got all her time cut down too, I think due to those fans who complained about her and who bullied the actress off social media soooo yeah. 

In the Room, it's gonna be focused more on Finn being... himself. He's already shown a bit of a tendency to snark at Kylo-Ben in some earlier segments. We'll see how that develops. 

(02-12-2020, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think they may have realised how limited John Boyega is as an actor, and a large section of fandom only wanted him to have a relationship with Poe.

... I can't say I've seen him in enough to judge. His character in Attack the Block is fantastic and very different to Finn, but that's about the only other thing I've seen him in. 

- - - 

43. J is for Juxtaposition

[Image: 65932839_0ebb4356f293ddd664f631efc7159244_standard.jpg]

Definition: the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

The Doctor and Master have been an example of juxtaposition for centuries, now. Wonder if anything will change?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 02-13-2020

I see long flowy cloaks and coats are a hot trend with people who mess with time!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-13-2020

For centuries, literally, as in, the 20th and the 21st!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 02-13-2020

Your Master is so cool.

The juxtaposition of their colour schemes as well.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 02-13-2020

That’s the second best Master imo, my favourite is John Sim’s version.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 02-13-2020

He actually looks kind of friendly here. I think it's the eye. Not very sinister anyway. But I lost track of Doctor Who as well when it stopped being on any channel I get sad

(02-12-2020, 10:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The Doctor and Master have been an example of juxtaposition for centuries, now. Wonder if anything will change?
Like a female Master?? Does he/they regenerate too? I can't remember.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 03:42 PM)Elfy Wrote: That’s the second best Master imo, my favourite is John Sim’s version.

Delgado, dude. No contest.  Tongue

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Alliecat Wrote: He actually looks kind of friendly here.  I think it's the eye.  Not very sinister anyway.  But I lost track of Doctor Who as well when it stopped being on any channel I get sad

(02-12-2020, 10:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The Doctor and Master have been an example of juxtaposition for centuries, now. Wonder if anything will change?
Like a female Master??  Does he/they regenerate too?  I can't remember.

The Master is a Timelord like the Doctor. He’s also regenerated a number of times, prior to reappearing this season his last incarnation was female, she was called Missy.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 12:53 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I see long flowy cloaks and coats are a hot trend with people who mess with time!

The Master was dressed for something particularly dramatic - which may be a photo later on...  He's a bit of a dramatic disaster goth.

(02-13-2020, 03:08 AM)davidd Wrote: For centuries, literally, as in, the 20th and the 21st!

2021 will mark 50 years of the Master as a recurring character on the show. I'm hoping that they will do something to celebrate that, since we are talking about the Doctor's best enemy, after all.

(02-13-2020, 07:38 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Your Master is so cool.

The juxtaposition of their colour schemes as well.

I'm really pleased with this custom. I would like to try sculpt some extra hair on to give the slight flop he has in most of his scenes. I'm just nervous about doing it. 

If I actually make the outfit that's meant to be his default, it would be a more of a dark reflection of the Doctor's, so more juxtaposition!

(02-13-2020, 03:42 PM)Elfy Wrote: That’s the second best Master imo, my favourite is John Sim’s version.

Oh, I don't know what order I have them in. It would be Ainley or Delagdo in first, I think. Possibly Ainley - he really had the longest tenure in the role and just brought so much to the character. That being said, cannot discount how much Gomez did in so little time. 

(02-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Alliecat Wrote: He actually looks kind of friendly here.  I think it's the eye.  Not very sinister anyway.  But I lost track of Doctor Who as well when it stopped being on any channel I get sad

Oh, the Master can be very affable when it comes to the Doctor, it's just that they always default to trying to kill each other. According to one incarnation, it's sort of their flirting. 

I believe it's on Amazon Prime, now? I am not sure. 

(02-13-2020, 08:34 PM)Elfy Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Like a female Master??  Does he/they regenerate too?  I can't remember.

The Master is a Timelord like the Doctor. He’s also regenerated a number of times, prior to reappearing this season his last incarnation was female, she was called Missy.

Yes, this is true! The Master is the Doctor's oldest friend, they were at school together. In a weird way, it seems like they use the Master to test reactions to potential future regenerations of the Doctor - first we had Missy, now we have Thirteen as an example. 

- - -

44. K is for Kawaii

[Image: 65975825_516688624b8ee8f883c7bc83b310160c_standard.jpg]

Definition: the quality of being cute, or items that are cute.

Given that definition, I thought Iris Bouquet fitted very perfectly. She's from a line known as Tea Bunnies from the early 90s. I had a few as a kid, and I would like to try to re-find them.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 02-14-2020

She looks so happy!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 02-14-2020

Iris Bouquet? Not to be confused with Hyacinth Bucket (it's boo-kay)?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 03:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Iris Bouquet? Not to be confused with Hyacinth Bucket (it's boo-kay)?
xp LOL Don't sit in my best china, Iris dear, I'll get you a beaker....

She's very cute. Does she come out of the mug; is she articulated?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 12:09 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks so happy!

She is a very happy sort! 

(02-14-2020, 03:54 AM)davidd Wrote: Iris Bouquet? Not to be confused with Hyacinth Bucket (it's boo-kay)?

Ha! Great reference! No, no relation to Hyacinth.

(02-14-2020, 04:47 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
xp LOL  Don't sit in my best china, Iris dear, I'll get you a beaker....

She's very cute.  Does she come out of the mug; is she articulated?

I mean, she is technically in what Hyacinth would class as a beaker...

She does, and she is. Simple head, shoulder, and leg joints, but for a simple toy that's just meant to look cute, it's more than enough.

- - - 

45. L is for Love

[Image: 66028580_560ac4a90f5729c43a3c2771680520dc_standard.jpg]

They might use that one word, someday. That is not today. But this is not an irregular scene.

(Happy Valentine's Day)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 02-15-2020

Good thing 'loyal' starts with L, too. They're a cute couple. Cute couple with serious destructive powers.