The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-04-2020

I cheated on the only “sewing” I did on a doll outfit, by glueing the hems LOL
Nice job, werepuppy.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 03-04-2020

Cute top, and it’s always nice to have a new outfit.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 03-04-2020

Doing stuff on the small scale is always hard. I’ve seen Lejays do it, with the garments she’s knitted for her crew.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-05-2020

(03-03-2020, 10:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You're on the roll! I need to learn from you and pick up sewing speed... The new outfit complements his eyes Heart

Hehe, honestly with how long it took my to hand sew those items, I wouldn't call it a roll in any sense of the word. Thank you, though, it's really nice to hear.

(03-04-2020, 02:32 AM)davidd Wrote: I would think it would be challenging to sew in such a small scale! Fantastic skill to have!

Arm holes are the worst, tbh, the smaller they are the worse I find them >< Thank you!

(03-04-2020, 02:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I cheated on the only “sewing” I did on a doll outfit, by glueing the hems LOL
Nice job, werepuppy.

Heh, only reason I didn't glue the hems is because I didn't have any fabric glue. it would have made the whole thing go a lot faster, tbh. Thank you!

(03-04-2020, 05:23 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Cute top, and it’s always nice to have a new outfit.

Especially for the smallest ones! 

(03-04-2020, 05:31 PM)Elfy Wrote: Doing stuff on the small scale is always hard. I’ve seen Lejays do it, with the garments she’s knitted for her crew.

It takes patience and a lot of cursing under your breath.

- - - 

64. Time Bear

[Image: 66856433_8bb76b1ef3e6fff4e00245e2bb11a0dc_standard.jpg]

Who ever ex.pected the BBC to team up with Build-A-Bear to produce Doctor Who merch? Not me, that's for sure. That being said, this Time Bear is adorable!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-05-2020

Yaaay, another one of those coats! This might be my fave version of Doctor so far!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-05-2020

Time Bear is an authorised release, not a custom? That is too cool!

Maybe, if this one proves popular, they'll issue versions of all the Doctors as bears!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 03-05-2020

I think they did a Tom Baker bear, although maybe that was a custom.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 03-05-2020

Aw! Doctor Bear is adorable. Wonder if that is an exclusively UK thing? (I know Dr. Who is popular here, too, but not so much in a mainstream, Build-a-Bear kind of way...)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-05-2020

Aw, he’s really cute. Is he a new addition to your crew?
(Or, I guess it’s a “she“?)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 03-05-2020

Waah!!

I want one, I hope it’s available here - I’m going to drag Elfy to the Build A Bear place in the city on Saturday, I hope I can find her.

She’s so cool!!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-05-2020

(03-05-2020, 12:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yaaay, another one of those coats! This might be my fave version of Doctor so far!

It's definitely the cuddliest version of the Doctor thus far. Actually this coat could probably fit a bigger BJD... Hm, I will need to test that theory out. Watch this thread Tongue

(03-05-2020, 03:22 AM)davidd Wrote: Time Bear is an authorised release, not a custom? That is too cool!

Maybe, if this one proves popular, they'll issue versions of all the Doctors as bears!

100% authorised! Thirteen and Ten were the first releases and are currently both sold out. Though their outfits are still on the website. 

(03-05-2020, 07:11 AM)Elfy Wrote: I think they did a Tom Baker bear, although maybe that was a custom.

Possibly a custom, as the only authorised ones thus far are Thirteen and Ten.

(03-05-2020, 10:10 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! Doctor Bear is adorable. Wonder if that is an exclusively UK thing? (I know Dr. Who is popular here, too, but not so much in a mainstream, Build-a-Bear kind of way...)

As far as I know, they're available worldwide! 

(03-05-2020, 04:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, he’s really cute. Is he a new addition to your crew?
(Or, I guess it’s a “she“?)

Relatively new, yeah. Had her about... coming up for three weeks now. 

(Yeah, since it's Thirteen, she is the pronoun of choice.)

(03-05-2020, 06:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Waah!!

I want one, I hope it’s available here - I’m going to drag Elfy to the Build A Bear place in the city on Saturday, I hope I can find her.

She’s so cool!!

The Doctor Who range seems to be exclusive to the website! (Which is actually pretty annoying tbh but that's how they've decided to do it.)

- - - 

65. Throwback Thursday: Oor Wullie the Musical: World Book Day

[Image: 66894511_ca6fba8fe6f53d43f4b860efc37b5a42_standard.jpg]

Today happens to be World Book Day within the UK, and I was trying to think of a cool picture for celebrating it. I remembered this on my instagram and, well, that does work well.

Oor Wullie is a comic strip that has been running in The Sunday Post for 84 years. It features around 10 year old Wullie, and his adventures in his home town of Auchenshoogle, with his Ma, Pa, and his friends. The most infamous image of the strip - and how the majority start and end - is Wullie sitting on an unturned bucket. (Samples of the strip can be found here!)

The comic strip recently gained a musical adaptation that has been receiving rave reviews from many publications. Last Wednesday (26th Feb) Basil and I went along to see it at the Macroberts Arts Centre. It was a lot of fun, a great laugh, and the songs are stuck in my head so I'm really hoping they bring out a cast recording. For those interested, here is a trailer for the show and a performance of one of the songs.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-05-2020

I always wondered why is the UK-only book day called 'World Book Day'. I guess that's the famous British humour (I'm used to 'humor', but that's US, and British English uses the extra 'u', right?).

I don't know Wullie, but I'm always amazed by things that manage to last this long, especially nowadays, when everything older that three days is too old. I'm always glad to hear that something has been alive for so long, even if I personally don't care for that particular thing.

It looks like Basil and Wullie would be good friends.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-06-2020

If Wullie needed a dog, Basil would make a fine canine companion for him!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-07-2020

(03-05-2020, 11:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I always wondered why is the UK-only book day called 'World Book Day'. I guess that's the famous British humour (I'm used to 'humor', but that's US, and British English uses the extra 'u', right?).

I don't know Wullie, but I'm always amazed by things that manage to last this long, especially nowadays, when everything older that three days is too old. I'm always glad to hear that something has been alive for so long, even if I personally don't care for that particular thing.

It looks like Basil and Wullie would be good friends.

It doers, yeah. I don't why ours is so early. Will need to keep a note of 23rd April to do another thing then.

Wullie doesn't really seem to have made it passed Scotland, to be honest. Well, apart from the annuals, they seem to appear in different countries. It is amazing it's lasted so long. Especially when you consider it's a comic strip in a newspaper. 

I would like to think the pair would get on. 

(03-06-2020, 02:22 AM)davidd Wrote: If Wullie needed a dog, Basil would make a fine canine companion for him!

Wullie does have a dog - Wee Harry! He's a Scottish Terrier, I believe. ... Now if they made a BJD of that I would have it Tongue

- - - 

66. World's Greatest Detective

[Image: 66936058_24a5d84f70a951f2d50a022c3e7223f6_standard.jpg]

Arrival Date: 16th January 2020

Okay. So, here's the thing, I've been a fan of Death Note since I was about 16/17, and that's also roughly when I first became aware of Medicom, via finding this figure. At the time, I couldn't afford him and by the time I could, he was out of stock, and the secondary market prices were insane. 

But this year, I found him, for a more reasonable price than he's been in over a decade. Finally, I have L and ... he does not disappoint, at all. Probably the most detailed feet I've seen on a 1/6 scale figure, but that makes sense considering the character is always barefoot. 

Look, I've had him since January and I still can't quite believe he's home.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-07-2020

You can practically say "I've been waiting for you all my life," and mean it literally! Or, half your life, anyway!

Now... I have heard it said that the one true World's Greatest Detective is Basil of Baker Street. I think, then, that what we need to see is a Great Detect-Off Contest!

Congratulations on acquiring what can truly be described as a "grail doll."