The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-22-2020

I don't remember this one at all! Which line is she?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-23-2020

Very pretty face sculpt on this release. She looks like she must be from the Hasbro Forces of Destiny line.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-23-2020

Is she new...?
A Halloween fairy! Cute.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 03-23-2020

Padme is actually kind of old, she was played by Natalie Portman in the Star Wars prequels, she’s Leia’s Mum.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-23-2020

Thanks all!

- - -

83. Q is for Queen

[Image: 67575124_942941090511ee422bcbae0b157b50f6_standard.jpg]

Queen Elinor to be exact! As a random side note, I think it's a shame that the Disney Store don't often sell other characters than the princesses or their princes in doll form. It would be nice if these other characters popped up more than once in a rare while.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-24-2020

I didn't know she was made into a doll! So pretty!!!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-24-2020

(03-23-2020, 11:09 PM)werepuppy Wrote: As a random side note, I think it's a shame that the Disney Store don't often sell other characters than the princesses or their princes in doll form. 

You have Gaston; who else could you possibly need?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 03-24-2020

She’s so pretty. I love her dress & enormous braids.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-24-2020

Pretty. She looks very regal too.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 03-24-2020

That is a rare one, I never knew they did an Elinor doll.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 03-24-2020

(03-24-2020, 03:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I didn't know she was made into a doll! So pretty!!!

Just during the inital release of Brave. Which, hilariously enough, despite the movie being set in Scotland, we did not get all the merchandise released for this film. I know for a fact there was a Fergus doll that never appeared over here, as well as some other goodies. Also only one Scottish store got the limited edition Merida doll and only a very small number of them. .... Look, I know this sounds like petty whining, but the film was set in Scotland! I mean... come on. 

(Yes, that LE doll is high on my wishlist.)

(03-24-2020, 05:09 AM)davidd Wrote: You have Gaston; who else could you possibly need?

Oddly, I think Hans from Frozen would get on really well with Monday Jones... In a general sense? I want a decent action figure of Basil of Baker Street. 

(03-24-2020, 06:34 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s so pretty.  I love her dress & enormous braids.

The braids being one of the nods to Celtic culture - Celtic women just let their hair grow long and bound it up. Elinor is a gorgeous looking doll though.

(03-24-2020, 09:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Pretty.  She looks very regal too.

Can any of the other Disney Queens (Who are not villains) wade into a room full of fighting warriors and have them meekly parting for her? Elinor: Queen and knows it. 

(03-24-2020, 03:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: That is a rare one, I never knew they did an Elinor doll.

Yeah, just during the inital merch wave of the film. I believe there was also a limited edition doll with her. 

- - - 

Quick update! 

So, as of 8:30pm on 23rd March, 2020, the UK is under lockdown. We're only allowed out once a day, and they advise only going to the shop if you 100% cannot get a delivery service. Now, despite the fact that my parents are both in the 'at risk' group, we have not been able to get any delivery service so we had to jump to the shops for them opening this morning. Credit to the places, they are enforcing limits on what people buy which means there was some stuff on the shelves and we were able to get washing powder (non bio as needed) and toliet rolls. 

We're all doing our best in this household to keep things as calm and chill as possible. To tell the total truth, we saw the lockdown coming and because of that we decided to sign up for Disney Plus - honestly, we weren't that bothered but then it was getting clear it was coming so Dad was looking into things to stave off boredom - and it launched today

Lockdown will be looked at again in three weeks, I believe Johnson said. I can only apologise in advance if I seem short or off - being kept inside is probably going to have the cabin fever setting in...

And now I have that song in my head. Here, you have it too: Cabin Fever

Back to your regularly scheduled doll pics! 

- - - 

84. R is for River

[Image: 67609449_195986b9e7c399ad642c16cdd26d3a9f_standard.jpg]

One of the coolest ghouls that Monster High ever released, and I do not say that lightly. I really wish Mattel had leant into the reaper concept a little more - there's concept art floating around of her sporting a little white bob and an actual scythe. It's tempting to try to find another River to see if I can make her like the concept art... Hm...

In the Room? Well, River's a fun, friendly sort... though she still can't really manage to say anything about her crush... or to him, actually...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 03-25-2020

I agree! River is one of the coolest MH releases! PURPLE GHOST WITH VISIBLE BONES, OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!! I love River. I'm proud to have her.

I hope you'll get through this lockdown without issues. Keeping my fingers crossed!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 03-25-2020

Nice colour combination. I like her candy-floss-coloured hair.
I guess they 'have' to institute lockdowns if people aren't going to maintain distance, but, all those people stuck at home with nothing to occupy their minds are going to contribute to the already-growing level of stir-crazy. There seems to be some uncertainty here about what that would actually mean. I mean, making people stay indoors when there are roads & highway with no one much on them, and certainly not close enough to worry about, and beaches, ditto.... seems silly. We need fresh air & exercise.
Not everywhere is as lucky though.
I wish you & your family peace of mind through this! Take care of each other & keep well.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 03-25-2020

Perhaps the enforced indoor-time will allow you an opportunity to eggsplore some of those walled-off passageways and secret stairways behind bookcases there in the manor house that you've not previously had time to get to.
yay

In more seriousness, I hope the time passes quickly and creatively for you. We shall be here to amuse you throughout the duration... barring psychological melt-downs of our own... not that anything like that would happen.
right

River is quite a nice MH figure, for the multiple reasons already mentioned... and because she's just so darn cute! That face-up is adorbs!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 03-25-2020

They did market Brave oddly. I think it came out here before it screened in Scotland.