The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-06-2020

(04-06-2020, 12:41 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like quite a few of these (this cute little black sheep is definitely one of them), and I like that they give you a hint about who's inside, but I usually don't like rag dolls, so I'm not sure whether I want one or not. In the end, I always decide to save that money for another Azone.

I was thinking about making the dolls I have some of the outfits or mimicking the looks in some other way, so that I can have them without buying the dolls. The confetti thing is also a reason I didn't get one of these so far.

That being said, Mina really is a cutie! I love her face and her hair!

The confetti is in it's own compartment, so it is entirely possible to open these little ones without having to deal with all of that. These are a bit more solid than your usual type of rag doll, which is pretty useful to be honest. There's a level of solid to them. 

(Speaking of Azones - they're releasing a new version of Milo, so that's tempting!)

(04-06-2020, 05:14 AM)davidd Wrote: Interesting little thing. Nice hair.

Fairy kei... I was not familiar with that particular look. Thanks for the link.

She's a cutie. 

No problems! 

(04-06-2020, 10:40 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's cute!  I think I must've seen a review of them somewhere.... I recall someone opening a foil bag and and ex!plosion of confetti.
Nothing like a gift for yourself to ride along with a gift for someone else LOL  I think I probably do that a fair bit -- "Oh, and one for me..."

Yeaaaah, that's their blind bag gimmick - which seems to be the new thing for blind bags. They need a gimmick

It's the only way I can hide her present! 

- - - 

97. Possible Bucket?

[Image: 68044228_d35e941035baf24064ce415d6a82ed62_standard.jpg]

We found this... I think it was a candle holder. Anyway, we found it and wondered if it would work as a bucket type seat for Basil. What do you think?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-07-2020

It's a very fancy bucket! Not too bucket-y, but it could be some special kind of bucket, like when you sit on it, you receive a revelation or something... Or get cake cravings.

That new Milo is amazing! I absolutely need both versions! I can't get them now, but I'll get them eventually, there's no other way, I need them. I kinda wish Azone started releasing dolls I'm not interested in, so that I could catch up. Not gonna happen, though, which is also great! I'm a total Azone junkie now.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-07-2020

Here in the states, it is often possible to find citronella candles, which are burned to repel mosquitoes, in miniature galvanized metal pails.

This was a quick search. I did not check dimensions:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Purple-Pail-Citronella-Candle-Tropical-Daze-Repels-Insects-24-Hour-New-Sealed/153796910919

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-Two-Citronella-scented-Candles-in-metal-pail-cover-Keep-Mosquitoes-Away/264203767939

Unfortunately, I see that even though I looked on UK eBay, the sellers are in the States and the shipping costs are insane. But perhaps you can find something similar locally in a garden centre type shop.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-07-2020

I like it as a sitting bucket for Basil.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-07-2020

It’s a very suitable sitting bucket for Basil.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 02:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's a very fancy bucket! Not too bucket-y, but it could be some special kind of bucket, like when you sit on it, you receive a revelation or something... Or get cake cravings.

That new Milo is amazing! I absolutely need both versions! I can't get them now, but I'll get them eventually, there's no other way, I need them. I kinda wish Azone started releasing dolls I'm not interested in, so that I could catch up. Not gonna happen, though, which is also great! I'm a total Azone junkie now.

Hmm, I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I am going to need to check my account but am kind of hoping that I might be able to order him? Ideally black haired version, but the silver could work for Dodger too. 

(04-07-2020, 11:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Here in the states, it is often possible to find citronella candles, which are burned to repel mosquitoes, in miniature galvanized metal pails.

This was a quick search. I did not check dimensions:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Purple-Pail-Citronella-Candle-Tropical-Daze-Repels-Insects-24-Hour-New-Sealed/153796910919

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-Two-Citronella-scented-Candles-in-metal-pail-cover-Keep-Mosquitoes-Away/264203767939

Unfortunately, I see that even though I looked on UK eBay, the sellers are in the States and the shipping costs are insane. But perhaps you can find something similar locally in a garden centre type shop.

Ahhhh. If I could get to a garden centre type I would be doing that. But those are interesting examples so I will check online - maybe one of the places that are still open might have something similar. 

(04-07-2020, 04:02 PM)Elfy Wrote: I like it as a sitting bucket for Basil.

I think he seems to like it too. 

(04-07-2020, 05:01 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: It’s a very suitable sitting bucket for Basil.

He does seem to enjoy it. 

- - - 

98. Size Test: Hayley

[Image: 68081267_72d57e190363e5d393db6c386cd4bdd7_standard.jpg]

Back when I showed off dear Time Bear, a few people asked what her jacket would look like on some of the dolls. Hayley is MSD sized, so here is how it looks. Length wise? It's pretty perfect, but it's far too wide on her.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-07-2020

She's really adorable in the oversized Time Coat, but I can imagine it gets in the way of her many hijinks.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-08-2020

Looks like Hayley's playing dress up with a grownup's coat. wink
Basil's bucket is pretty fancy, and I like neon's idea !

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-08-2020

(04-07-2020, 10:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's really adorable in the oversized Time Coat, but I can imagine it gets in the way of her many hijinks.

Hayley agrees - she's likely to trip over it and that would spoil a lot of her mucking about. 

(04-08-2020, 03:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Looks like Hayley's playing dress up with a grownup's coat. wink
Basil's bucket is pretty fancy, and I like neon's idea !

Heh, there is a bit of that vibe to it. 

Perhaps the bucket aids him in his thinking...

- - - 

99. Size Test: Olivia

[Image: 68116585_af12033572258c4ed00e62bfb69e7803_standard.jpg]

Trying Time Bear's coat on Olivia. This look sort of works, but once again it's far too wide for her.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-09-2020

It does look better on Olivia than on Hayley, but still oversized.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-09-2020

This is a fun sequence, seeing The Doctor's jacket on everyone whom it might approximately fit.

I actually like the way it's looking on Olivia. The baggy oversized style is kinda cool!

I like Olivia's stripey top... and her entire look! She would make a most excellent sarcastic sidekick to The Doctor!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-09-2020

I think that both the design and the size go well with her classic grunge look!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-09-2020

Olivia is rocking he grunge look, although it does look as if she’s trying to get the coat off.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 12:01 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: It does look better on Olivia than on Hayley, but still oversized.

It would work if I was going for that oversized look, but I'm not, LOL.

(04-09-2020, 02:12 AM)davidd Wrote: This is a fun sequence, seeing The Doctor's jacket on everyone whom it might approximately fit.

I actually like the way it's looking on Olivia. The baggy oversized style is kinda cool!

I like Olivia's stripey top... and her entire look! She would make a most excellent sarcastic sidekick to The Doctor!

These are honestly the best options - and it swamps them both.

Olivia would love a trip in the TARDIS. Hmmmm I wonder if there's still those 1:6 versions of the Haruka head around...

(04-09-2020, 04:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I think that both the design and the size go well with her classic grunge look!

Her classic grunge look is so much to work on. 

(04-09-2020, 03:52 PM)Elfy Wrote: Olivia is rocking he grunge look, although it does look as if she’s trying to get the coat off.

Fun fact, when trying to take the picture? The coat refused to stay up properly. 

- - - 

100. Day 100

[Image: 68148030_c9b25a331ea934322655ee7c0b4843b9_standard.jpg]

I was going to try to do some big celebration type thing, but this is all I've had energy for lately. So the Old Bear and Doby show how we've been spending most of lockdown - watching stuff. Some good, some bad, all of it a needed distraction.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-10-2020

Looks like your bear is wearing a prison uniform. He even has the unshaven look to go along with it.

Kinda feels like we're all in prison these days, or at least under house arrest, doesn't it?

Happy One-Hundred!