The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-23-2020

Maudlynne is definitely the most "real" or "alive" fig of all my dolls and action figures. Yes, I wish Tonner had made some friends for her.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-23-2020

Maudlynne (perfectly named) has a nose that was just to made to look down at people, even if they’re taller than her.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-23-2020

Have to agree with Elfy, she is definitely looking down her nose at everyone, but especially those who are taller than she is.

She’s adorable (and probably hates being told that!)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 03:55 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Maudsie (does she hate being called that, like the one living with davidd?) is such an awesome doll. That aloof face of hers is everything!

Nah, she's okay with being called it, though prefers just simply "Mauds" if you're shortening her name. Aloof is a great way to describe her ex.pression, even though I would say that's not her nature at all. 

(04-23-2020, 05:41 AM)davidd Wrote: Maudlynne is definitely the most "real" or "alive" fig of all my dolls and action figures. Yes, I wish Tonner had made some friends for her.

I know, it's so easy to read a good personality into this doll. Really wish Tonner had done more with the line. 

(04-23-2020, 05:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: Maudlynne (perfectly named) has a nose that was just to made to look down at people, even if they’re taller than her.

Ha! She thanks for you for the compliment - even if she doesn't really look down at people.

(04-23-2020, 05:56 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Have to agree with Elfy, she is definitely looking down her nose at everyone, but especially those who are taller than she is.

She’s adorable (and probably hates being told that!)

She doesn't really look down on people, she's quite a quiet sort, really. 

... Doesn't hate it, but doesn't much like it either. She's a bit contrary, sometimes. 

- - - 

114. N is for Nikolai

[Image: 68665970_9ffedf130d255e6ba4939fa72101d975_standard.jpg]

Nicu to his Aunts when they want to embarass him. Nikolai is the grandson and defacto heir to Count Dracula, and finds himself in the room with his Aunts Lucrezia and Mavis. Aunt Mavis is actually a bit of a kicker because he's older than her and yet she insists on being all... Aunt-like. As the defacto heir, there's a lot of standards that Nik, as he prefers to be called, tries to hold himself to - Grandfather ex.pects a lot, after all. 

He's dating Operetta, daughter of the Phantom, and they're trying to deal with his constant blood lust and want to drive his fangs into her. Not an innuendo.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2020

That coat is awesome. I wonder what would happen if he actually drank Oppie's blood, her not being exactly a human and having some neat powers could mix things up...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-24-2020

As neon says, that coat is superb. So are his hands! Cool fig!

Not an innuendo. Uh huh, right.   yay

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-24-2020

Maudlynne is a cool-looking doll.
(04-23-2020, 08:40 PM)werepuppy Wrote: ... Aunt Mavis is actually a bit of a kicker because he's older than her ...
Somehow this sounds like some people I know of ...!
(If I recall, the uncle & the nephew were the same age.)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 09:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That coat is awesome. I wonder what would happen if he actually drank Oppie's blood, her not being exactly a human and having some neat powers could mix things up...

That is something we have yet to work out in the Room... Operetta is understandably a bit hesistant to volunteer for this ex.periment just in case someone can't control himself...

(04-24-2020, 02:50 AM)davidd Wrote: As neon says, that coat is superb. So are his hands! Cool fig!

Not an innuendo. Uh huh, right.   yay

The coat is from a Bratz doll - the Masquerade line I believe. The doll itself is a Monster High Create-A-Monster Vampire Boy. They really were worth the money if you could grab them. 

Well, he says it's not an innuendo. I have my doubts

(04-24-2020, 11:11 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Maudlynne is a cool-looking doll.
(04-23-2020, 08:40 PM)werepuppy Wrote: ... Aunt Mavis is actually a bit of a kicker because he's older than her ...
Somehow this sounds like some people I know of ...!
(If I recall, the uncle & the nephew were the same age.)

Thank you! 

Yeah, it can happen in really big families, and the Count does have a lot of daughters...

- - - 

115. O is for Oliver

[Image: 68711579_cbe6f4fffc2d6aac97af53ce2a011560_standard.jpg]

My only male Azone doll! (I keep hoping I'll manage to get hold of the one that will make the perfect Artful Dodger...) Oliver here is named for the novel Oliver Twist, as that was honestly my first thought when I saw him.  In the Room he tends to be a quiet sort, who more often than not finds himself saddled with the work that others do not want to do.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 04-24-2020

What happens to Oliver in the Room sounds very much like his namesake in the book.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-24-2020

Ghe ish sho khuuteflrp! *wipes off drool*

Sorry, sorry. LOL He is so cute!
Azone in general hardly ever makes a not completely awesoe doll, but with Alvastaria series, they're really nailing it. Like nailing it squared. Nailing² it. I can't wait for my pirate boy, and I hope to get both new versions of Milo (I kinda want to get all versions of Milo, they're all exquisite).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 04-25-2020

My x-BIL has a couple of nieces & nephews that are older than him. He’s the youngest of 9 (I think, or it might be 8 - he’s been divorced from my sister for about 15 years now, don’t really remember details).

Oliver is such a cutie, he looks like he’s very serious about his job.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 04-25-2020

Oooh! Actual leather... or faux-leather... or leather-looking... cuffs on his shirtsleeves! I had not noticed that detail before!

I wonder what kinds of tools and accessories Oliver carries in that belt pouch? I imagine he always has the exact thing he needs at any given moment.

Love the "newsboy cap." (Is that style still referred to as a "bunnet" in Scotland? That's what Wikipedia sez.)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 04-25-2020

(04-24-2020, 10:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: What happens to Oliver in the Room sounds very much like his namesake in the book.

That is a very accurate take on it. Though there is less thieving here. Mostly because I do not have an Artful Dodger yet - I do hope to get hold of one though. I know the perfect Azone for it! 

(04-24-2020, 11:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ghe ish sho khuuteflrp! *wipes off drool*

Sorry, sorry. LOL He is so cute!
Azone in general hardly ever makes a not completely awesoe doll, but with Alvastaria series, they're really nailing it. Like nailing it squared. Nailing² it. I can't wait for my pirate boy, and I hope to get both new versions of Milo (I kinda want to get all versions of Milo, they're all exquisite).

The fact that Azone always seem to nail their releases really makes the getting into the a dangerous game because they are all so good and it's a slippery slope to start on. I do hope your pirate boy arrives soon! I just am waiting to be able to check my account and then maybe - maybe - I may be able to afford the version of Milo that is the perfect Artful Dodger. 

(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Oliver is such a cutie, he looks like he’s very serious about his job.

Oliver is very serious about so much. He needs someone around to show him how to have a laugh...

(04-25-2020, 02:51 AM)davidd Wrote: Oooh! Actual leather... or faux-leather... or leather-looking... cuffs on his shirtsleeves! I had not noticed that detail before!

I wonder what kinds of tools and accessories Oliver carries in that belt pouch? I imagine he always has the exact thing he needs at any given moment. 

Love the "newsboy cap." (Is that style still referred to as a "bunnet" in Scotland? That's what Wikipedia sez.)

Faux-leather, but it's a lot sturdier than some pleathers I've seen used. 

Oliver tends to pick up anything he might find useful and put it in his pocket - you never know what you might need

(It is yes! Though the term newsboy cap is used as well so it varies on where you are.)

- - - 

116. P is for Pepper

[Image: 68754287_8c7b8df042aa70e27e6b9200a90f6ae3_standard.jpg]

Kicking butt and taking names; it's all part of normal life of a top JET-SET spy! Though she still has to pass those classes that make up their cover story...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 04-26-2020

I love her outfit. One needs to look stylish while kicking butts!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 04-26-2020

Wow, “P“ already. Seems like this round of alphabet has gone very quickly. Both are cute. smile