The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-27-2020

Pinky is cute. Looking cute and innocent is a handy talent for a spy...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 05-27-2020

Very groovy look there. She is cute, too.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 05-27-2020

The 60s looks is cute & suits her very much.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 12:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's a cutie!
LOL R.T., I love it!

No concept arts for the SDCC MH dolls leaked, only names of listings. Maybe it's for the better, I'd only end up disappointed. I'd be interested in Grady twins.

Beetlejuice kids would be amazeballs! I'd want siblings, a boy and a girl.
And Addams Family. I know they're not exactly monsters or horror characters, but then, they also kinda are... Grandmama (MH hag with slightly crooked back, gimme gimme gimme!) and the assorted gentlemen would require new bodyshapes, so it wouldn't happen even if MH did come back to unlife, but I still think it would be fricken awesome.

R.T. ... the criminal mastermind JET SET are determined to hunt down! 

Ooh, I would love proper Addams Family dolls - I'm still hoping to hunt down that Mattel giftset of Morticia and Gomez. But proper dolls, of the main family at least. Also, well, there's always been talk. Grandmama is a classic hag, Lurch is very much in the style of a classic Frankenstein monster, and Morticia is decidely vampire-esque... In the Room canon? There are many supernatural monsters in the family line. They're so proud. 

(05-27-2020, 12:59 AM)davidd Wrote: Pinky's look is totally fab! Gear, even!

I know gear is era appropriate slang but my head genuinely went to a character from Darkwing Duck of all places...

(05-27-2020, 01:20 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, she's cute!

Aw, thank you! 

(05-27-2020, 01:44 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Pinky is cute.  Looking cute and innocent is a handy talent for a spy...

Exactly! She's the top of her class for spies.

(05-27-2020, 04:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: Very groovy look there. She is cute, too.

She really gave me such a Charlie's Angels vibe, which is what started the spy idea...

(05-27-2020, 05:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The 60s looks is cute & suits her very much.

It's her stock look for this doll and I'm so fond of it! 

(05-27-2020, 04:10 AM)Loona Wrote: Noted, I'll try to dig up the mice from their holes, and when I get there, I'll snap a shimmer comparison picture for you smile

Ah, Pinkie is darling! The whole Pinkie Cooper line is - it's a shame they were so short-lived, especially considering some of the leeked promotion pictures of lines that were never made (I found the swimsuit line super cute). The line never made it to my country, but I liked them enough that I ordered them from the UK. Pepper is my personal favourite, but they look best displayed together. That said, mine are sadly not displayed at all, nor do I spend much time with them - that should totally change...

Ahhh will be glad to see! 

Honestly, I picked mine up second hand. When they were out for sale, the only place I could find them was Hamleys and that store is... generally everything is a few quid dearer there. I do have Pepper and Ginger - both redressed - and I'm fond enough of the line. It's quite interesting to see how playline dolls like these do not last long, but if it were a resin BJD it would probably still be on sale...

- - - 

148. Q is for Quietude

[Image: 70167237_923c1935949b775cd402061b4faf30ac_standard.jpg]

Definition: a state of stillness, calmness, and quiet in a person or place.

Cousin Monday is quite a quiet sort, mostly because she's always plotting some sort of scheme for upsetting her cousins. Well, they'd do the same for her, after all. And yes, she is quite a flirty sort, too.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-28-2020

Momoko Quietude Dedication aka Cousin Monday; one of the most amusing figures I've ever been "influenced" by my online friends to add to my collection! Heart 2

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-28-2020

I. Adore. That. Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cousin Monday is such a charming character. I love reading about all the... er... innocent games the playful cousins come up with to, um, pleasantly surprise each other. smile

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 05-28-2020

Cousin Monday is a lovely doll (and I love her plotty personality and the situations it causes in The Room). She is beautiful both in hair and stock. I adore her dress. I am not really a fan of the Momoko faces, but she is one I like. I won't say I am tempted to get her because... well... the price point of the doll line is a little steep, but if the dolls were more reasonably priced, I totally would.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 01:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Momoko Quietude Dedication aka Cousin Monday; one of the most amusing figures I've ever been "influenced" by my online friends to add to my collection! Heart 2

Ahhh I am glad I gave you the influence Tongue

(05-28-2020, 02:34 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I. Adore. That. Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cousin Monday is such a charming character. I love reading about all the... er... innocent games the playful cousins come up with to, um, pleasantly surprise each other. smile

Momoko dolls really have their stock outfits strongly in their favour.

Ah yes, all just innocent family fun.

(05-28-2020, 02:56 AM)Loona Wrote: Cousin Monday is a lovely doll (and I love her plotty personality and the situations it causes in The Room). She is beautiful both in hair and stock. I adore her dress. I am not really a fan of the Momoko faces, but she is one I like. I won't say I am tempted to get her because... well... the price point of the doll line is a little steep, but if the dolls were more reasonably priced, I totally would.

Momoko stock outfits are honestly some of the nicest for 1/6 scale dolls/figures. The faces can be different depending on the paint work. But yeah. Prices are kind of high.

- - - 

149. R is for Raven

[Image: 70209065_d0653bf1b884a8c830ff5eb0378ac589_standard.jpg]

Dragon Games Raven aka the best release. Well, honestly Dragon Games was the best line in my opinion that Ever After High came out with. Just some sheer cool in this line.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-28-2020

While I don't have one fav release of Raven, I do agree that Dragon Games was the peak of the whole line. I remember how excited the whole MH Arena was when DG pics leaked. I was oogling them every day, and couldn't wait for them to come out. They only appeared at a very few stores here, and I had to buy Holly and Raven from Germany, but boy, was it woth it!

I miss those times. I do get excited about new Azones or BJDs, but I miss being part of a big and very happy crowd looking forward to a certain release. Nowadays, I can share excitement over a particular upcoming doll with only a few people. It's not bad, and I consider 2019 to be the best year in my collecting, and 2020 is going great as well (dolly-wise. I wish real life stopped getting in way), but I miss this kind of mass excitement, the wave of joy the new line creates among people.

Ugh, sorry, I got way more nostalgic than I planned to...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 05-29-2020

Love that ready-for-action stance! And "sheer cool" is the word for the Dragon Games line! What I find interesting about the designs is how well they integrate elements of "princess gowns" with battle armor to create a look that is actually quite "tough" with touches of "pretty."

And yeah, everything that neon_jellyfish said about the "mass excitement" that happens with mainstream playline dolls when super-cool new things are... or were... released. The fun is more accessible with mass market lines than it is with specialty figures, both because of the wider availability and the more accessible price point.

(This is such a cute and cool pic; now I'm wondering if I should give my Raven her outfit back; one of the Monster High ghouls "borrowed" it.)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 05-29-2020

Have to agree with the Dragon Games line was the peak of EAH - beautiful & practical at the same time.

I wish that they’d made some of the other dolls from the cartoon as well - they had some great outfits too.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 05-29-2020

She is cool, and these might be tempting if I was looking for another line of dolls to collect...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 05-29-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: While I don't have one fav release of Raven, I do agree that Dragon Games was the peak of the whole line. I remember how excited the whole MH Arena was when DG pics leaked. I was oogling them every day, and couldn't wait for them to come out. They only appeared at a very few stores here, and I had to buy Holly and Raven from Germany, but boy, was it woth it!

I miss those times. I do get excited about new Azones or BJDs, but I miss being part of a big and very happy crowd looking forward to a certain release. Nowadays, I can share excitement over a particular upcoming doll with only a few people. It's not bad, and I consider 2019 to be the best year in my collecting, and 2020 is going great as well (dolly-wise. I wish real life stopped getting in way), but I miss this kind of mass excitement, the wave of joy the new line creates among people.

Ugh, sorry, I got way more nostalgic than I planned to...

I think it's easier now, looking back to pick a favourite release of a particular character. I don't remember the hype of the line but I remember seeing them and being very excited and having to pick up Raven so quickly. I also miss the maas excitement of a new release and wish it was back in some way...

(05-29-2020, 02:36 AM)davidd Wrote: Love that ready-for-action stance! And "sheer cool" is the word for the Dragon Games line! What I find interesting about the designs is how well they integrate elements of "princess gowns" with battle armor to create a look that is actually quite "tough" with touches of "pretty."

And yeah, everything that neon_jellyfish said about the "mass excitement" that happens with mainstream playline dolls when super-cool new things are... or were... released. The fun is more accessible with mass market lines than it is with specialty figures, both because of the wider availability and the more accessible price point.

(This is such a cute and cool pic; now I'm wondering if I should give my Raven her outfit back; one of the Monster High ghouls "borrowed" it.)

They really did mix the styles well and it makes the line stands out so well. 

(Ooh yes? Would be nice!)

(05-29-2020, 11:40 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Have to agree with the Dragon Games line was the peak of EAH - beautiful & practical at the same time.

I wish that they’d made some of the other dolls from the cartoon as well - they had some great outfits too.

Ooh yeah there's a few characters from the cartoon I wish got a full release - Sparrow Hood being the big one.

(05-29-2020, 01:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She is cool, and these might be tempting if I was looking for another line of dolls to collect...

It's so easy to feel tempted...

- - - 

150. S is for Singer

[Image: 70253098_e24301fcceef868e26e6776508a9d4e0_standard.jpg]

Casta Fierce, in as much of her stock as I could find. A spellbinding singer, literally. Make sure she doesn't accidentally cast on you.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Aichan - 05-29-2020

Haha this one says to me, “ Stop, no more photos!” She is tired of the paparazzi.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 05-30-2020

Casta is a wonderfully Halloween-y doll. For me, she would fit better in EAH (especially considering that they made Cupid transfer there), but she's a gorgeous MH doll, so it's fine. But I'd fricken love to have a green EAH witch.