The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 01-14-2020

I have a soft spot for MH, because although Lejays really got into the doll hobby with EAH, MH were the gateway drug there.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 01-14-2020

Aaah, Monster High. I started collecting a year and a half before they came out, but MH was what launched the serious phase of my collecting. I've been kinda disheartened about them lately, because of glue / yellowing / plastic and rubber deteriorating issues, but I still love MH dearly, and I always will!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 01-15-2020

(01-14-2020, 12:23 PM)davidd Wrote: They all appear to be holding their own against the ravages of time: beautiful hair, bright colors, able to hold a pose. Several of my MH figures are having glue-hair issues, and their joints have become so loose they will no longer stand or hold a pose.

The first time I saw Abby in one of the animated films I could hardly stop laughing! That accent, and her lines relating to Yeti culture! That was when MH was still all-in with the monster lore and the obscure jokes and references.

I think it helps I tend to lie them all flat for storage if they are not out and posed. That being said, Robecca is very loose, as is Nefera, but I am quite lucky with the others. 

I miss the obscure jokes... 

(01-14-2020, 12:28 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: They look like a more fun group to hang out with than yesterday's girls smile

They are a much more casual bunch, that's for certain. 

(01-14-2020, 03:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: I have a soft spot for MH, because although Lejays really got into the doll hobby with EAH, MH were the gateway drug there.

MH was my first foray into doll collecting as an adult. I think it was for quite a few people, actually, as the dolls were very unqiue and were very different compared to the Barbies on offer. 

(01-14-2020, 08:28 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aaah, Monster High. I started collecting a year and a half before they came out, but MH was what launched the serious phase of my collecting. I've been kinda disheartened about them lately, because of glue / yellowing / plastic and rubber deteriorating issues, but I still love MH dearly, and I always will!

Kind of waiting to see if in 10/15 years they'll be doing anniversary MH or repro MH

- - - 

14. N is for Norse

[Image: 64752700_5dcf2ee8e633771087bdeafcd7423f48_standard.jpg]

And one of my favourite set of siblings. Thor and Loki.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 01-15-2020

Seeing them together like that made me think how awesome it would be if there was a line of dolls depicting various ancient gods. I'd definitely go for all the Norse ones!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 01-15-2020

"My brother the cosplayer! Don't be fooled by all those muscles, he's really a total nerd!"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 01-15-2020

Love the group of MH - I always liked the less common dolls & reading the back of the boxes when we would look at them in the toy aisle.
But like Elfy said, I fell hard into collecting when the fairy tale ones appeared - I’ve always preferred fairy tales to monsters.

Nice pair of brothers there.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 01-15-2020

A colourful group of MH's. I like the big smile on the blonde in the back; which one is she?
A line of ancient-god dolls could be cool.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - DeadlyNova - 01-15-2020

I love every single photo you've posted so far! I love that you're doing things with letters, that's such a fun idea!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 01-15-2020

They need to make a Sif or a Valkyrie doll.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 01-15-2020

(01-15-2020, 01:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Seeing them together like that made me think how awesome it would be if there was a line of dolls depicting various ancient gods. I'd definitely go for all the Norse ones!

Oh, yes, you're right! I believe Barbie did a small range of Greek Goddess, but I don't think there's every been other attempts. It would be a very cool line! 

(01-15-2020, 05:07 AM)davidd Wrote: "My brother the cosplayer! Don't be fooled by all those muscles, he's really a total nerd!"

He took talking tree as an elective. Thor is proud of being a nerd, thank you. He would do his push-ups over his textbooks while annoying Heimdall, back in the day. 

(01-15-2020, 06:23 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the group of MH - I always liked the less common dolls & reading the back of the boxes when we would look at them in the toy aisle.
But like Elfy said, I fell hard into collecting when the fairy tale ones appeared - I’ve always preferred fairy tales to monsters.

Nice pair of brothers there.

I really wish Mattel hadn't begun to cut corners on MH/EAH. Both lines felt like they had a bit more in them, and I keep wondering what would have happened if they did do that proposed crossover movie before they stopped the dolls...

(01-15-2020, 12:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: A colourful group of MH's.  I like the big smile on the blonde in the back; which one is she?
A line of ancient-god dolls could be cool.

Oh, that is Clawdia Wolf! Oldest of the Wolf siblings.

I'm really liking this idea of dolls based on mythological figures. 

(01-15-2020, 12:44 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I love every single photo you've posted so far! I love that you're doing things with letters, that's such a fun idea!

Thank you! The A-to-Z thing was just a way to challenge myself, to be honest. I might do it a few times, just because of the challenge of it all. 

(01-15-2020, 04:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: They need to make a Sif or a Valkyrie doll.

There is a Titans Heroes 12" figure, but I don't think it looks much like her. It looks more like the figure has been based on a artist's rendition of the actress. 

- - - 

15. O is for Obitsu

[Image: 64786759_529a1ef678c9c7183486718fa4130d26_standard.jpg]

Olivia and Jack are my two big Obitsu people, and have a long standing friendship. Constantly leaning on each other, and so forth. They're deep in conversation on... something, here.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 01-16-2020

For once, she's leaning on him and not the other way around! Atta boy, Jack!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 01-16-2020

Their pose looks very natural here.

Jack could maybe do with some wardrobe variation. Is that a project for this year?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - DeadlyNova - 01-16-2020

I really love the pose on this one! I agree that it looks very natural!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 01-16-2020

They certainly look deep in conversation here.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 12:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: For once, she's leaning on him and not the other way around! Atta boy, Jack!

It does happen more often than not! It's just it's funnier to see him lying on her for some reason.

(01-16-2020, 03:57 AM)davidd Wrote: Their pose looks very natural here. 

Jack could maybe do with some wardrobe variation. Is that a project for this year?

Thank you! And yes, I am playing on making him some new jeans and some new tops, it's honestly just finding the time. This is an oddly busy month.

(01-16-2020, 04:37 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I really love the pose on this one! I agree that it looks very natural!

Thank you! 

(01-16-2020, 06:37 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: They certainly look deep in conversation here.

They were. Still not idea what they were talking about, but they were deep in conversation. 

- - - 

16. P is for Panther

[Image: 64829701_93476a73985f55a41885521b03f632bf_standard.jpg]

The Black Panther, that is. This is the 12" Marvel Legends figure, and it is one of the better 12" playline figures. Well, I guess you could call those ones playline - some of them are priced higher, but they are generally sold in stores that sell Marvel Legends so /shrug.