The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-12-2020

Thanks, everyone!

- - -

193. Death Note L 2.0 Nendoroid

[Image: 72125759_5c9be25b6eef66d7b0065cb3742147b1_standard.jpg]

Arrival date: 26th May 2020

Because you can't have Light Yagami without his greatest enemy around. The 2.0 version of L seems far grumpier than his original version. Also? I like this new chair. Very cool.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-12-2020

Heart L Heart

He does seem a bit grumpy, though, and also kinda feisty, rather than his usual quirky, laid-back and somewhat emotionally detached self. Still, he's amazing, and that chair is really great. I can't wait to see him and Light in the Room stories!

Off-topic, but I'll be hopefully getting my first Nendo in November. Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun's titular Hanako-kun is getting a Nendo, and I managed to pre-ordered him yay

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-12-2020

What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 07-12-2020

I feel like he should be renamed to Grumpy McGrumpypants.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 07-12-2020

I still don’t know who this character is but I like Elfy’s idea.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 07-12-2020

I don't recognise the Creatable World boy, but I know everyone else.

what a fun idea for a group shot. Such a variety of dolls & books.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 07-12-2020

He's a very grumpy bloke - just leave me alone! That's what his ex-spression says to me.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 07-12-2020

Cute Nenodroid! L looks like he's seriously pissed and had enough. The level of pissed-offness makes me think think is no longer Light-induced only, there must be some Misa in it too Tongue

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-12-2020

(07-12-2020, 01:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Heart L Heart

He does seem a bit grumpy, though, and also kinda feisty, rather than his usual quirky, laid-back and somewhat emotionally detached self. Still, he's amazing, and that chair is really great. I can't wait to see him and Light in the Room stories!

Off-topic, but I'll be hopefully getting my first Nendo in November. Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun's titular Hanako-kun is getting a Nendo, and I managed to pre-ordered him yay

I'm guessing it's because I haven't given him any cake...

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing your Nendo companion!

(07-12-2020, 02:07 AM)davidd Wrote: What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"

... And now I absolutely have to take a picture of that

(07-12-2020, 10:17 AM)Elfy Wrote: I feel like he should be renamed to Grumpy McGrumpypants.

Hm... Maybe. 

(07-12-2020, 11:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I still don’t know who this character is but I like Elfy’s idea.

From the anime/manga Death Note, L is meant to be the World's Greatest Detective.

(07-12-2020, 02:29 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: He's a very grumpy bloke - just leave me alone!  That's what his ex-spression says to me.

He does prefer solitude...

(07-12-2020, 07:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Cute Nenodroid! L looks like he's seriously pissed and had enough. The level of pissed-offness makes me think think is no longer Light-induced only, there must be some Misa in it too Tongue

I don't have anything for Misa though...

- - - 

194. A is for Abbey

[Image: 72155243_6fe175acec62b16f45fb7d746b320ea4_standard.jpg]

The original ice queen

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-13-2020

I love Abbey! Such a cool beauty (duck! Pun!).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-13-2020

(07-12-2020, 09:49 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 02:07 AM)davidd Wrote: What an epic ekspression! Perhaps L is growing annoyed as Ademetus runs laps around his chair. Lap after lap after lap. "I'm fast! Look how fast I am! Have you ever seen anyone this fast? I can go even faster! Watch me go even faster!"

... And now I absolutely have to take a picture of that
I was hoping you'd say that!
Original stock first wave Abby Bominable! She's gorgeous, I love her, and... I don't have her!
The first time I saw... or rather heard... Abby in one of the animated movies I laughed so hard! She was so perfect in her Yeti-ness!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 07-14-2020

Signature Abbey is lovely! Her stock is great, and Abbey as a doll is also great (not only in her Signature incarnation, but the Sig face-up is also neat). She was amon  my favourite characters in the show, I really liked her personality.

I have her, though I didn't originally plan to. IIRC, I came to like Abbey rather early on (which is no surprise with my attraction to both blue and shimmery things Tongue ), but I wasn't sure which version I would like to get (it was still back in the "max. 1 doll of each character" ear of my collection - by hindsight that was a fight destined to be lost yay ). Since I loved much more stocks than dolls, I got into the habit of buying dolls and reselling them sans their stocks - don't do this, kids, it's a slippery slope... I ended up keeping several dolls whom I didn't consider having before I saw them IRL. This is how Scaris Abbey came to me as well. Back then I was under the impression that I like Dead Tired Abbey best, but she was unavailable here (I got her from overseas years later. I don't think I've ever seen her pop up second hand in local sales), so I settled with Scaris Abbey. I did get Sig Abbey too at one point, but she didn't appeal to me. For some reason though, I didn't initially resell her, and at one point I received a lot that contained another Sig Abbey - who, weirdly enough, was visibly different and much more appealing. That's when I realised that one of them (the one I received later) was an original Signature, and the other one (that I had for a while) a re-release. Both of them were still Sigs, so it was technically the same face-up, but it was shocking how much of a difference all the subtle changes made! In addition, Abbey's early versions had a lighter and more shimmery sheen to their skin compared to later releases, which I also liked much more. Original release Sig Abbey quickly became the Abbey for me, and while I do still have Scaris and Dead Tired, I often consider if I should downsize to two (I can never decide which should go though, which is an issue especially because 3 might eventually become 4, as reboot Party Ghouls Abbey is also on my wishlist. While I have nothing against pink, the way they removed it from that version's colour palette, leaving blue and purple only, is incredibly appealing to me).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 07-14-2020

Thank you all! Running a bit later on my posting today because my net was down for a bit!

- - -

195. B is for Buffy

[Image: 72198088_141232ae7c84b97ebc7bba4011293469_standard.jpg]

The Vampire Slayer herself! This is from one of the Sideshow Collectibles releases... I can't think when. A friend gifted me her at a convention a few years ago because they knew I liked the show and collected dolls and figures. She's very cool

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 07-14-2020

It's always good to have friends who enable your quirky eccentricities interests!  yay

Nice face sculpt, it quite resembles the TV show character.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 07-14-2020

That's so sweet of your friend!

I don't know Buffy. I only know that Czech dubbing made everyone sound unbearably stupid.