The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-08-2020

Is that the manga the Danbo character is in…? She is very colourful. Seeing you have gone all the way through the alphabet again reminds me how scarily fast time is going. slash

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-08-2020

Oh, you have one! Is she Never Removed From Box (NRFB)?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-08-2020

She's one of those rare characters that seems to be better off remaining in the box.
Back to Lies, I think you'd really like it. Of course it's my favourite book ever, and a few years ago I was lucky enough to meet the author and get him to sign it, I then retired that particular copy of the book (it had been read many times and travelled all over with me, it went to Europe and England), and bought another copy to read when I wanted to.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-08-2020

(08-07-2020, 11:17 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Zomby Gaga is amazeballs. I'm so glad I have her (had to get her from Germany)! I even kept the box, it's so pretty.

Seriously the box is fantastic. I really wish the other collector level MH dolls had as creative boxes. I mean, I know it would have driven the price up a bit, but it really does add to the overall look. 

(08-08-2020, 01:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Yosumba has a very Carly-esque vibe to her.  It looks like she’s enjoying her afternoon.

And Zomby Gaga is great, her box is an excellent showcase piece too.

Yotsuba is probably going to become my Carly figure for random photos. She's always so cheerful! The manga's (unofficial I think) motto is "enjoy everything" and Yotsuba really does that. So yeah, she'll probably be like Carly for me. Well, between her or Basil, anyway. 

So pleased to have Zomby Gaga in my collection.

(08-08-2020, 03:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Is that the manga the Danbo character is in…? She is very colourful. Seeing you have gone all the way through the alphabet again reminds me how scarily fast time is going.  slash

Yes! Danbo orginates from the Yotsuba&! manga. It's weird to think how popular Danbo is when they're really just a one-off thing. Well, no, techically made two appearances. 

Yeaaaaah, it's... a thing. Time does not really feel real. 

(08-08-2020, 09:12 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh, you have one! Is she Never Removed From Box (NRFB)?

Indeed! Though I am constantly tempted to remove her from box. It helps that whenever I get the urge, I pick her up, and then notice how much I really like the effect of her in packaging - like she's on a stage. 

(If I ever find another, I will probably debox that one.)

(08-08-2020, 12:08 PM)Elfy Wrote: She's one of those rare characters that seems to be better off remaining in the box.
Back to Lies, I think you'd really like it. Of course it's my favourite book ever, and a few years ago I was lucky enough to meet the author and get him to sign it, I then retired that particular copy of the book (it had been read many times and travelled all over with me, it went to Europe and England), and bought another copy to read when I wanted to.

This is very true.

Okay, I will make sure to look it out!

- - - 

221. Anime Haul

[Image: 73263164_eb019a42402d87f73d8ea73e2292c00d_standard.jpg]

Olivia sitting with the pile of anime we picked up during the MVM clearance sale at the beginning of July. It was a fantastic sale, with most box-sets down to £10 or less. Alphabetically we got: Chobits, Fruits Basket (original not the newer one), Love Hina, and Romeo x Juliet. Slowly making our way through them!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-08-2020

I wouldn't have pegged Olivia as a fan of shoujo anime / manga, but when I think about it a bit more, she really is an all-rounder, isn't she?

My favorite MH boxes are CE Lala's coffin and Origins pack tomb.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-09-2020

I used to have a huge box full of Love Hina and Chobits manga books and comic books. I'm pretty sure I donated all of them to the library book sale before I moved house a few years ago.

Olivia looks somewhat possessive of her new stash of vids!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-09-2020

Yes, very much getting a ‘Mine! All mine!’ vibe from Olivia and the pile of anime/manga.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-09-2020

She doesn't really want to share her haul of dvds, does she?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-09-2020

(08-08-2020, 11:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I wouldn't have pegged Olivia as a fan of shoujo anime / manga, but when I think about it a bit more, she really is an all-rounder, isn't she?

My favorite MH boxes are CE Lala's coffin and Origins pack tomb.

She doesn't mind it, honestly. Her favourite anime is Digimon though. Yes, even the English dub of it. But she likes trying every genre in her turn. ... Actually hang on. A quick list of Olivia's favourite things:
  • Anime: Digimon.
  • Manga: Pet Shop of Horrors
  • Film: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
  • Book: Good Omens. Olivia Twist has a soft spot for sharing her first name. 
  • Comic: Young Justice (the 90s [Peter David] written team!)
  • TV Show: Blackadder
  • Cartoon: Powerpuff Girls
  • Band: Queen
(08-09-2020, 06:20 AM)davidd Wrote: I used to have a huge box full of Love Hina and Chobits manga books and comic books. I'm pretty sure I donated all of them to the library book sale before I moved house a few years ago. 

Olivia looks somewhat possessive of her new stash of vids!

Ahhh. Manga does take up so much space. I am tempted by the anniversary editions of Chobits that are being released, though if I start getting them I'll want the new editions of Card Captor Sakura since that's one of my all time favourites... It's one of those narrow holes with a long drop, y'know?

She was very much in the gerroff till I watch mood on the day this was taken! 

(08-09-2020, 10:34 AM)Elfy Wrote: Yes, very much getting a ‘Mine! All mine!’ vibe from Olivia and the pile of anime/manga.

(08-09-2020, 06:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She doesn't really want to share her haul of dvds, does she?

She's pretty good at sharing stuff but she was feeling a bit gerroff mine when I took the photo. 

- - - 

222. Build-A-Bear Bulbasaur

[Image: 73300073_7afbb75500b43d302b4d2cd7ec3ce18a_standard.jpg]

Aka the cutest plant lizard that ever did exist. Yes, I'm back on my Pokémon nonsense with this one. They had been sold out of Bulbasaur on the site for so long, and prices on the secondary market were kind of insane, so I was so happy when he came back into stock. One of this purchases without really thinking too much on what I was doing. Good thing I had a voucher for money off. He's surprisingly big, and very soft and cuddly.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-10-2020

Garlic turtle! Glad you were able to get him!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-10-2020

Build-A-Saur is super cute! I love that little outfit with the monochrome green print! Glad to se another Bulba-fan, Bulbasaur is one of the best Pokémon, and Ash's Bulbasaur in the anime had such a cool personality too. I'd totally pick up a big Bulba-plushie if I ever found one, it would be cool to have a lifesize Bulba around. I do have an approx. 1/6 scale figure that goes so well with my dolls, so he's hanging around them most of the time. Gotta take a photo of him someday.

(08-10-2020, 03:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Garlic turtle! Glad you were able to get him!

Husband calls him Toad with onion LOL (but I actually think he also refers to garlic - here garlic is called a certain type of onion)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-10-2020

I can't beat Garlic Turtle and Toad With Onion, I guess. Salad-bowl dinosaur? Looks like he would make a good pillow.
Yay for clearance sales. Enjoy your haul.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-10-2020

Is Oliva aware that a brand new Bill & Ted movie is being released at the end of this month? If only there weren't a pandemic, and if I lived closer, it would be fun to go with Olivia to opening night! Be Excellent to Each Other!

(I love the original movie so much!)

((And Blackadder!))

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-10-2020

(08-10-2020, 03:59 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Garlic turtle! Glad you were able to get him!

He's so squishy and lovely! 

(08-10-2020, 05:00 AM)Loona Wrote: Build-A-Saur is super cute! I love that little outfit with the monochrome green print! Glad to se another Bulba-fan, Bulbasaur is one of the best Pokémon, and Ash's Bulbasaur in the anime had such a cool personality too. I'd totally pick up a big Bulba-plushie if I ever found one, it would be cool to have a lifesize Bulba around. I do have an approx. 1/6 scale figure that goes so well with my dolls, so he's hanging around them most of the time. Gotta take a photo of him someday.

Bulbasaur is one of my favourite Pokémon so I was delighted to be able to get him. I think he's still on the Build-A-Bear site, if you're interested - I would be interested to see the 1/6 scale figure! 

(08-10-2020, 08:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I can't beat Garlic Turtle and Toad With Onion, I guess.  Salad-bowl dinosaur?  Looks like he would make a good pillow.
Yay for clearance sales.  Enjoy your haul.

He is a comfy pillow yes! 

Clearance sales are always the best. 

(08-10-2020, 11:24 AM)davidd Wrote: Is Oliva aware that a brand new Bill & Ted movie is being released at the end of this month? If only there weren't a pandemic, and if I lived closer, it would be fun to go with Olivia to opening night! Be Excellent to Each Other!

(I love the original movie so much!)

((And Blackadder!))

She is aware, as am I! I'm looking to see what VOD service it'll be on so I can watch it on opening day! Party On, Dudes!

(Legit such a fun movie)

((That is because you are cunning as a fox who has just been installed as professor of cunning at Oxford.))

- - - 

223. Ladies of Death

[Image: 73338124_a5a7624ba063ddc449eb5837e5d5f241_standard.jpg]

Enma Ai, Susan Sto Helit, and River Styxx. Hell Girl, the grandaughter of death, and a grim reaper girl. Honestly, it's a good trio to know, you just wouldn't think that...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-10-2020

Definitely a handy bunch to have on your side, though.