The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-13-2020

(08-12-2020, 09:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: I love the lineup. It reminds me of The Usual Suspects.

... I never thought of that! 

(08-12-2020, 11:07 PM)davidd Wrote: That's quite a range, and just among the "small dolls." Creating dioramas to work across scales would be a challenging exercise.

However, it is quite fun to see that you are not "locked in" to any particular scale, and that you enjoy interesting figures no matter their size or type.

Dioramas are something I keep meaning to work on and I've still yet to start even one. 

I really just go for whatever doll appeals to me. It makes for a fun collection.

(08-13-2020, 12:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Size comparisons are always fun! I love how they look like a group of good friends eventhough they're all different.

Of that group, the most stand-offish is Enma Ai. Which makes sense. So yes, good friends - the younger lot tend to lean more to being friends. 

(08-13-2020, 03:12 PM)Alliecat Wrote: That is a fun lineup.
What model is Susie again...?  All three look quite posh.

You might like Jenny-Jinya's concept.  She draws some pretty tearjerker stuff.

Susie is an R and D doll Kyoto Oren Susie. 

Ooh I will check out their stuff.

(08-13-2020, 06:45 PM)Loona Wrote: That's a cute line-up! I love size comparisons, they are fun to look at, and they can be very useful. The more types of dolls and figures are included in them, the bigger the variety and randomness is, the better! Sometimes it's so difficult to determine the actual size (or even scale) of a doll based on pictures - I've ex-perienced both falling in love and becoming disinterested in a doll or figure upon learning their actual size - the love usually comes when I learn it is teeeeny, disinterest when it's big, so this particular line-up is dangerously tempting Tongue

The line up really came from me always wondering how a doll looks when compared with others - hence a line up that shows the heights and also how each doll looks next to another. 

I have to ask: who are you tempted by?

(08-13-2020, 08:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Great lineup of figures.

Like others have said. It’s hard to get a sense of scale when you take single photos of individual dolls, so these a great.

The CreAtable World is the curly haired one on the very left?

Yes, the Creatable World doll is the very curly haired one. Seems to be about the same height of the 24cm Obitsu! 

- - - 

226. Time Lords

[Image: 73456079_691e535b8021c0bdde1fec81ad0cb379_standard.jpg]

Because I felt in a Doctor Who mood, here's the Doctor, the Master, and Romana.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-13-2020

Romana is also a Fashion Lord, I can't imagine having that sort of collar and not accidentally killing myself because of it one way or another... The prints on her dress are gorgeous, though.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-14-2020

Interesting. Not the Romana I remember, but I haven't kept up since... Seven-ish.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-14-2020

(08-14-2020, 01:21 PM)davidd Wrote: Interesting. Not the Romana I remember, but I haven't kept up since... Seven-ish.

Which of the Romania’s do you remember? 1 or 2? Admittedly the Romana isn’t either of them. I had such a crush on Romana 2 (Lalla Ward), although my crush on Nyssa eclipsed that.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-14-2020

(08-13-2020, 10:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Romana is also a Fashion Lord, I can't imagine having that sort of collar and not accidentally killing myself because of it one way or another... The prints on her dress are gorgeous, though.

The high collars are just a part of Time Lord style. It made that doll a perfect Romana in my mind 

(08-14-2020, 01:21 PM)davidd Wrote: Interesting. Not the Romana I remember, but I haven't kept up since... Seven-ish.

She's not based on any real Romana (as far as I know) but is rather the Mrs Who doll from Mattel's A Wrinkle In Time series. The style is very much in fitting with the Time Lord Council, so she found a place here as Romana.

(08-14-2020, 03:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: Which of the Romania’s do you remember? 1 or 2? Admittedly the Romana isn’t either of them. I had such a crush on Romana 2 (Lalla Ward), although my crush on Nyssa eclipsed that.

I know there's at least one new regeneration from Big Finish... but then again I could be wrong there. 

- - - 

227. Happy Birthday to Me (And Bear)

[Image: 73495809_86b8403de3b7289227ba243e25fac3e3_standard.jpg]

It's my birthday today! Also my bear's birthday as he was given to me the day I was born. We're having a lazy day today!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-14-2020

Happy birthday!!! I hope you're having the best lazy day!

I remember this bear! How wonderful that you still have him! I don't have anything from before I was three.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-15-2020

Happiest of Happy Summer Birthdays to The Werepuppy and her WereBear!

Wishing you the best of the best for the coming year!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-15-2020

I hope you (and Bear) have a lovely birthday!
(Sunsette says, make sure there is cake. And chocolate.)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 08-15-2020

Happy birthday, werepuppy!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-15-2020

Wishing you and your Bear friend a happy belated birthday! It's so col that you are still together and basically share your whole life's stories! smile It would be cool to have a true life-long friend like that, but I sadly also don't have one either. I've just recently found my wrist tag from the hospital though. It's scary tiny! I am tempted to carry it around and show it to whoever makes a comment about my pretty-thin-for-an-adult wrists next time.

(08-13-2020, 10:05 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 06:45 PM)Loona Wrote: That's a cute line-up! I love size comparisons, they are fun to look at, and they can be very useful. The more types of dolls and figures are included in them, the bigger the variety and randomness is, the better! Sometimes it's so difficult to determine the actual size (or even scale) of a doll based on pictures - I've ex-perienced both falling in love and becoming disinterested in a doll or figure upon learning their actual size - the love usually comes when I learn it is teeeeny, disinterest when it's big, so this particular line-up is dangerously tempting Tongue

The line up really came from me always wondering how a doll looks when compared with others - hence a line up that shows the heights and also how each doll looks next to another. 

I have to ask: who are you tempted by?

Well, anything small is usually tempting for me Tongue From this line-up, Emily is the most tempting one. I've been (not so actively, but still) wanting a doll of her for a long time now, and I've been eyeballing the Ashton Drake doll for years - before finding out her actual size which made me become disinterested. To me, she's a small character, and your girl seems appropriately sized. Though I'd likely look for a replacement body and sew actual clothes for her.

And the Azones are always tempting too, they seem such good quality - luckily though, I haven't yet encountered one that called out to me enough to justify their price.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-15-2020

Happy Birthday! I hope it’s a lovely day for you and all your dolls.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-15-2020

Happy Birthday! Your birthday teddy looks just as loved as mine does smile

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-15-2020

Thank you all for the well wishes! We had a lovely day yesterday!

- - -

228. Birthday Haul 1

[Image: 73532443_b171693e876061c6aa8bc4b0c7bcd86d_standard.jpg]

First of two days of birthday present pics. This is Helter Skelter, from the 2020 Charlie Bears Collection. It might not be apparent from the picture, but Helter is a massive 27" tall! That makes them taller than Olivia and Jack! And yes, I will take a picture at some point to show this height comparsion. Originally designed by Isabelle Lee, the plush is candy floss pink with this blue tipping that looks gorgeous - I don't really know if the photo has captured it properly.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-15-2020

Life-size bear! Almost. Looking forward to comparison photos!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 08-16-2020

Multiple birthday days! Hooray for that! And off to a fine start with this colorful critter joining your crew!