The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-19-2020

(08-18-2020, 10:34 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a babe!

Agree with the redress, she could use something that would let her wonderful face shine.

I'm quite tempted by her, though lately I usually decide not to get more playline dolls and save the money for more Azones/Pullips/BJDs instead. I guess I've drifted away from playline dolls, but I still enjoy seeing them in others' photos a lot!

The BMR1959 dolls aren't exactly playline in the traditional sense - they're billed as a collector line and there is a certain level of quality there, even if the style is a bit confusing at least. (It's apparently a currently popular 'street fashion' style in Japan...)

But yes, I think she would make a delightful addition to your crew! 

- - - 

232. C is for Cherry Poppins

[Image: 73674045_c98214e6e74b5fd94083d0087cee9fdb_standard.jpg]

The niece of the infamous Mary Poppins, who has a liking for Edwardian era clothing. No one is quite sure what exactly Cherry Poppins in - she does seem to have some kind of magic to her but as to its exact nature... well, that's hard to say. Still, it's generally agreed by those in the Room that it's better to keep on her good side, because her hard stare is somthing to avoid.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-19-2020

Very elegant!

To me, all BeGoths look magic.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-20-2020

Both are very nice, and Cherry’s dress is cute. I forget; can they share clothes with Pullips?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-20-2020

The Poppins girls put me in mind of Phoebe Ficalilly from Nanny and the Professor. We never found out exactly what she was, but there were hints that she was a magical princess.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Both are very nice, and Cherry’s dress is cute.  I forget; can they share clothes with Pullips?

Yes, they can. Their body type is very much the old Barbie body with the nipped in waist and larger chest, so YMMV on how nicely the clothing looks but they can share clothing! This dress is actually a Mary Poppins dress, one of the Mattel releases, so you can already see the clothes sharing! 

(08-20-2020, 03:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Poppins girls put me in mind of Phoebe Ficalilly from Nanny and the Professor. We never found out exactly what she was, but there were hints that she was a magical princess.

That... would make sense, but my head immediately went "what kind of magical." 

- - - 

233. D is for Deadpool

[Image: 73715479_ba6cef0db31dcb64634f342092f0a88e_standard.jpg]

"It's taken you nearly two years to feature me in any photograph. Oh, yeah, I've been paying attention." 

Deadpool is most infamously known as the Merc with the Mouth. He's a Marvel Comics character, a mercenary with mutant healing abilities and the ability to break the fourth wall. It's this latter ability that tends to raise his popularity. 

"Aw, you said I'm popular!" 

This is a Diamond Select figure, so he's bigger than the usual Marvel Legends, and a bit heavier too. Diamond figures are usually a bit higher quality than other figures, and they tend to do odder characters - there's a Muppets line, for example. 

"Can I meet Miss Piggy? I so want style advice!"

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-20-2020

The Barbie is stunning, not sure about the outfit so I like to see her in something plainer to show off her style better.

The BeGoth looks great, they’re such an interesting line.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-20-2020

I don't know Deadpool (sorry, man, don't take it personally, I'm just not that into superhero comics), but his remarks are funny! I'm sure he'd be hilarious in the Room!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-21-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm sure he'd be hilarious in the Room!
Oh, I'd so like to see this! I also don't really know about him (sorry man), but I'm aware of him as a character from memes and that sort I have come across, and I have come to know his sassy? attitude-y? cheeky? personality from those LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-21-2020

Deadpool is an odd sort of character. His comics were famous for regularly breaking the 4th wall. He does it in the films, too. Ryan Reynolds is perfect casting.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-21-2020

(08-20-2020, 10:25 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Barbie is stunning, not sure about the outfit so I like to see her in something plainer to show off her style better.

The BeGoth looks great, they’re such an interesting line.

The outfit is nice, but yeah, it's a bit much.

I really wish BeGoths had continued a little longer - they finished just before Monster High was a thing, and that could have brought a whole new lease of life to them.

(08-20-2020, 10:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I don't know Deadpool (sorry, man, don't take it personally, I'm just not that into superhero comics), but his remarks are funny! I'm sure he'd be hilarious in the Room!

(08-21-2020, 07:05 AM)Loona Wrote: Oh, I'd so like to see this! I also don't really know about him (sorry man), but I'm aware of him as a character from memes and that sort I have come across, and I have come to know his sassy? attitude-y? cheeky? personality from those LOL

"Well, clearly you should both read my comics to make this up to me. Or watch my super awesome movies. They're a delight."

... Sorry about him. As for him being in the Room... I think that would depend on my finding/getting the 12" Marvel Legend figure... 

(08-21-2020, 03:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: Deadpool is an odd sort of character. His comics were famous for regularly breaking the 4th wall. He does it in the films, too. Ryan Reynolds is perfect casting.

Agreed. Reynolds is having the time of his life playing Deadpool. 

- - - 

234. E is for Elwood

[Image: 73755569_3bccc729cb8c1e9381a38fe7e31a021c_standard.jpg]

Another bear today! This is Elwood, from the 2018 Secret Collection - meaning he was only available at selected stockists. Elwood is 13.5", and was designed by Heather Lyell. The plush is a lovely baby blue colour, with cream tipping. He's a lovely little bear, and very cute.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-21-2020

Omigosh, that's one adorable bear. I absolutely love this one!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-22-2020

He’s gorgeous, all white and fluffy.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-22-2020

So pretty! I really like the cream colour with him.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-22-2020

(08-21-2020, 09:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Omigosh, that's one adorable bear. I absolutely love this one!

(08-22-2020, 01:51 PM)Elfy Wrote: He’s gorgeous, all white and fluffy.

(08-22-2020, 07:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: So pretty!  I really like the cream colour with him.

Thank you all, so glad to hear you all like Elwood. He's a lovely little bear! 

- - - 

235. F is for Falcon

[Image: 73797766_965185f69190dd563e93b5a83635e7ed_standard.jpg]

A Marvel Legends figure! This one is of Sam Wilson - aka the Falcon - as he appears in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sam is a  is a former United States Air Force pararescue airman, who left active duty when his wing-man Riley died in combat, instead choosing to help other veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. He's now the Captain America of the MCU, and will be appearing in a Disney + series alongside Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier. 

The figure is fantastic, and one of those that I am glad to have in my collection.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-23-2020

That's an interesting backstory! Also, he has very intriguing wings.