The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-30-2020

She does look younger and different in her ex-pression compared to other BeGoths - but I like the variety! While her outfit is nice (how does her pleather hold up? It seems OK, which is rare in the dolly garmetn world), I too whish they would have kept more of her original look. Can't blame them much though, those types of corsets are awful to make in dolly size (and they can look especially bad if mass-produced, too many pieces, too many places for small, 1-2mm differences that add up in the end and cause ill-fitting).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-30-2020

They’re such a interesting set of dolls, not something that really appeals to me, but I can admire the variety & the outfits.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 08-30-2020

Same here... how many different ones are there?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-30-2020

(08-30-2020, 12:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Malice is pretty, but I do think they should have kept at least the tophat. But this outfit works better for a young girl, the one on the figure is more mature.

I would have liked the top hat. Yeah, I think the outfit is what helps me towards seeing her as younger. 

(08-30-2020, 03:47 AM)Loona Wrote: She does look younger and different in her ex-pression compared to other BeGoths - but I like the variety! While her outfit is nice (how does her pleather hold up? It seems OK, which is rare in the dolly garmetn world), I too whish they would have kept more of her original look. Can't blame them much though, those types of corsets are awful to make in dolly size (and they can look especially bad if mass-produced, too many pieces, too many places for small, 1-2mm differences that add up in the end and cause ill-fitting).

The pleather has held up surprisingly well thus far. I don't know if this is to do with this being Scotland, or if it was just a better quality of pleather used, or the fact that I never touch BeGoth clothing (well, occasionally I use Abcynthia's when size testing a new doll but that's all fabric). This was the first wave, as well, so that might explain why the clothing was a touch simpler - Red Riding Storm has a corset that looks wonderful. But you are right about how a small mistake on 1-6 scale clothing can make the world of difference in fitting. 

(08-30-2020, 10:42 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: They’re such a interesting set of dolls, not something that really appeals to me, but I can admire the variety & the outfits.

Honestly I think it's just the very widely different outfits that makes me like them so much - without them they do all look very, very similar. 

(08-30-2020, 12:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Same here... how many different ones are there?

Hm... there's more figures than there are doll (including the two male characters) and there's ... 9 waves of dolls? 

- - - 

243. N is for Nico

[Image: 74128313_95860b7b73b270deff742486beaaa636_standard.jpg]

Nico Minoru, that is. Another Marvel Comics character today, and another attempt of me trying to summarise the character. So she first appeared in a comic series called Runaways - and is in the tv show version - which is basically about kids not being able to trust adults. Since that finished, Nico has beome the one you're most likely to see in other books and I'll just link her wiki page to make this easier. She's a powerful and adept magic user, and a fun character to read. This figure is based on her comic book incarnation, who was briefly known as Sister Grimm, and who favours a goth style.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-31-2020

Nico looks cool. I am particularly in love with her clothing, and would totally wear this ensemble myself! It would fit my everyday style perfectly (or I shall say it fit my 5-years-ago-style perfectly. That's around when I dropped purple, the last actual colour to remain in my wardrobe, and became fully monochrome 99% of the time).

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 08-31-2020

Purple is always a winner! smile

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-31-2020

I really like this one, a doll would be nice.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-31-2020

The Runaways was great. I preferred the original comic to the show, but both had their good points. Did you ever read a comic called Fables? Now there was a series begging for a doll line.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 04:03 AM)Loona Wrote: Nico looks cool. I am particularly in love with her clothing, and would totally wear this ensemble myself! It would fit my everyday style perfectly (or I shall say it fit my 5-years-ago-style perfectly. That's around when I dropped purple, the last actual colour to remain in my wardrobe, and became fully monochrome 99% of the time).

This is a style I would love to be able to wear, but sadly I don't think I will be able to. Ah, well. 

(08-31-2020, 04:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Purple is always a winner! smile

Agreed!

(08-31-2020, 05:29 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I really like this one, a doll would be nice.

It is a shame Nico wasn't one of the characters picked for the Marvel Rising set of dolls - I think she would have fit in the line-up well. 

(08-31-2020, 04:05 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Runaways was great. I preferred the original comic to the show, but both had their good points. Did you ever read a comic called Fables? Now there was a series begging for a doll line.

I have read the first couple of trades of Fables and I do agree - or figures. Something, at least. 

- - - 

244. O is for Olive

[Image: 74162605_a0c28d7d2143479e6a1d3f4eb2180631_standard.jpg]

Another Charlie Bear for you and this time it's the twin of Niall, and her name is Olive. Like Niall, she's 12" tall and also designed by Isabelle Lee. Another very soft, cute bear to have around!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 08-31-2020

Nico was a very cool character in the TV show (I haven't read the comics), I enjoyed watching it a lot.

And another squishable bear, so cuddly!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 08-31-2020

I can almost feel how soft she is just by looking at the photo! What an adorable bear!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 08-31-2020

Do all your bears ever get together and have a hug off?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 08-31-2020

(08-31-2020, 10:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do all your bears ever get together and have a hug off?

I was thinking of something similar. Seeing all that cuddliness overflow, I can't even imagine what effect they might have if they are all together. I'd probably want to jump into them and let myself sink into the soft cuddly fluff. Sounds like a good antidepressant.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-01-2020

You must have an amazing pile of bears! Nico looks like an interesting character.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-01-2020

Yeah, now I want to see all of your teddy bears in one ginormous pile! Not a display. A pile!