The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-01-2020

Is that the collective noun for teddy bears? Or would it be hug?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 09-01-2020

Having a quick check, it does look like a group of bears is called a hug.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 09:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nico was a very cool character in the TV show (I haven't read the comics), I enjoyed watching it a lot.

And another squishable bear, so cuddly!

Fun fact, I haven't actually seen much of the show yet. And I haven't read the comics in years. I know, I fail. 

All bears are cuddly! 

(08-31-2020, 09:38 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I can almost feel how soft she is just by looking at the photo! What an adorable bear!

I am glad that the softness seems to translat through picut - I've always had difficulty with that. 

(08-31-2020, 10:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do all your bears ever get together and have a hug off?

... Not that I know of, though they like being piled into their shelving unit...

(08-31-2020, 10:34 PM)Loona Wrote: I was thinking of something similar. Seeing all that cuddliness overflow, I can't even imagine what effect they might have if they are all together. I'd probably want to jump into them and let myself sink into the soft cuddly fluff. Sounds like a good antidepressant.

It is helpful, on a bad day, to just be able to pick one up and walk around with it, all soft. 

(09-01-2020, 01:19 PM)Alliecat Wrote: You must have an amazing pile of bears! Nico looks like an interesting character.

Shelving unit, but yes. LOL. Nico is a fun character! 

(09-01-2020, 02:07 PM)davidd Wrote: Yeah, now I want to see all of your teddy bears in one ginormous pile! Not a display. A pile!

... I am going to have to work out the logistics of that one ... 

(09-01-2020, 04:11 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is that the collective noun for teddy bears? Or would it be hug?

(09-01-2020, 05:31 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Having a quick check, it does look like a group of bears is called a hug.

A group of teddy bears is indeed called a hug - which is why I posted a picture of bears on National Hug Day instead of National Teddy Bear day. Hm, might need to work the calendar for next year. If I do ADAD again. (I hope to be able to. Though I might change my heading to A Toy a Day to cover the fact I do plushies as well..)

- - - 

245. P is for Parker

[Image: 74205479_2b8ae2de925ad5e9c64486a2e6cfa888_standard.jpg]

Another bear today, and my Parker is a bit of a shy one. He'a 17" tall when standing, and was designed by Heather Lyell. Parker is one of the few bears with magnetic posing available to him, and it really helps to bring out his personality. Being the shy short, it's pretty common to find him hiding behind his paws. He's a very soft plush though, and always up for a hug.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-01-2020

THE FLUFFINESS INTENSIFIES

Seriously though, he looks dangerously fluffy. And aww, cute shy bear! He's so sweet!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 09-02-2020

(09-01-2020, 05:31 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Having a quick check, it does look like a group of bears is called a hug.
OK, that is just unbearably adorable! And a word I didn't know before. Reading Elfy's comment again now transmits a somewhat different message smile
(on a side note, I really love some of these animal groupings in English. A murder of crows was my favourite up until now, but this is also a top one - though probably on a different level smile )  

Speaking of unbearable, Parker's fluffiness also seems to be of that sort. I just really want to hug the poor shy little boy :3 How cool is magnetic posing! I don't think I've ever heard of such a construction before - apart from those mini fridge magnet plushies that have magnets sewn into them, so that you can put them on the fridge to look like they are holding onto it with their hands/paws.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-02-2020

The shyness just adds a new level of adorable.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-02-2020

Everybody wants to hug him. Wow, you are going to have us shopping for these bears (if some aren't already...). I hadn't heard of magnetic posing either but it's a cool idea. At first glance, he struck me as looking like he's having a Monday... like, facepalm. LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 09-02-2020

Collective nouns are s much fun to read in English - a murder of crows is a great one, and I also like a parliament of owls.

So squish & huggable. Your bears have so much personality!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-02-2020

(09-01-2020, 09:28 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: THE FLUFFINESS INTENSIFIES

Seriously though, he looks dangerously fluffy. And aww, cute shy bear! He's so sweet!

He is adorably fluffy! And he is a total sweetie. 

(09-02-2020, 04:20 AM)Loona Wrote: Speaking of unbearable, Parker's fluffiness also seems to be of that sort. I just really want to hug the poor shy little boy :3 How cool is magnetic posing! I don't think I've ever heard of such a construction before - apart from those mini fridge magnet plushies that have magnets sewn into them, so that you can put them on the fridge to look like they are holding onto it with their hands/paws.

The magents are largely in the paws, but there's also some in his head to allow for posing just as you can see above. 

(09-02-2020, 08:06 AM)Elfy Wrote: The shyness just adds a new level of adorable.

He is an adorable, fluffy boy. 

(09-02-2020, 01:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Everybody wants to hug him.  Wow, you are going to have us shopping for these bears (if some aren't already...).  I hadn't heard of magnetic posing either but it's a cool idea.  At first glance, he struck me as looking like he's having a Monday...  like, facepalm.  LOL

I mean he could have also been having a Monday, as well as being very shy. Also yes, buy the lovely bears and have cuddly friends! 

(09-02-2020, 05:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Collective nouns are s much fun to read in English - a murder of crows is a great one, and I also like a parliament of owls.

So squish & huggable.  Your bears have so much personality!

That's really why I like getting Charlie Bears - they do have so much personality. 

- - - 

246. Q is for Quiet

[Image: 74244617_3c8cb1c16f2ccce65badba836186e471_standard.jpg]

Little Freya prefers the quiet, and can easily while away the time, quietly playing with her toys. This is her Bambi Tsum, she likes making him go on adventures.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-02-2020

She's so adorable! I love her cute but somewhat pensive face. I like dolls that look cute but not stupid or soulless.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-03-2020

Some very quiet quiet time sounds very good right now.

"I like dolls that look cute but not stupid or soulless." I don't know why this made me laugh so much, but it really did!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 09:12 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's so adorable! I love her cute but somewhat pensive face. I like dolls that look cute but not stupid or soulless.

Honestly for how compartively little Freya cost (maybe the upper end of playline), her cuteness and enjoyability have brought double the return. Also, I do get what you mean - there are some sculpts that are smiling and it seems a little like that's all they know how to do. Which isn't to say all smiling sculpts are like that, but some do give this feeling of... inanity? 

(09-03-2020, 01:00 PM)davidd Wrote: Some very quiet quiet time sounds very good right now.

"I like dolls that look cute but not stupid or soulless."  I don't know why this made me laugh so much, but it really did!

I know what you mean - it wouldbe a very relaxing thing. 

It made me grin a lot too! 

- - - 

247. R is for Rest

[Image: 74282583_4b3f429524aea20ff73a808d05f83dc4_standard.jpg]

Victoria spends all her time looking after the little ones, it's only right she get some rest and relaxation time to herself. I'm not entirely sure what she was watching, but she seems to be enjoying herself.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-03-2020

Nice posing!!! She really looks relaxed.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 09-04-2020

Aww! Love the little chair.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-04-2020

That's so cool, with her chilling on the couch, watching some TV.