The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-16-2020

Thank you, all! Bit of an eh day so no individual replies - SORRY!

- - -

259. Sewing: Peter Pan

[Image: 74747094_eedf9646ec7c884376be6127c26984aa_standard.jpg]

So after Disney released their Wendy Darling doll, I realised it's probably unlikely we'll get a Peter Pan any time soon - if they were going to, surely it should have been there. I was given the copper haired Creatable World doll in a gift last year and decided that they will be my Peter Pan! Hence sewing up this outfit with the last of my green.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-16-2020

He makes a great Peter Pan! And nice work on the outfit!

How do Creatables compare to Disney dolls, size-wise?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-16-2020

Custom sewing a Peter Pan outfit? Seems like an imposing task! You're off to a solid start! And such a vibrant green!

Sorry to hear about your eh day. Hope you're feeling more chipper tomorrow!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-16-2020

Great outfit. Next time he loses his shadow you can sew it back on for him.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 12:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He makes a great Peter Pan! And nice work on the outfit!

Ah, thank you! I saw that it could work and went "yes, you will be Peter." 

Ha, funny you should ask that...

(09-16-2020, 09:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Custom sewing a Peter Pan outfit? Seems like an imposing task! You're off to a solid start! And such a vibrant green!

Sorry to hear about your eh day. Hope you're feeling more chipper tomorrow!

Really, I've just got to work out how the hat will work now. Though if I ever get the stock from the Pullip Peter Pan, I will try that on to see how it looks. 

Hit and miss so far today, but it's early still. 

(09-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Elfy Wrote: Great outfit. Next time he loses his shadow you can sew it back on for him.

... Oh, now that's a tempting idea to make a fabric shadow... I wonder...

- - - 

260. Size Comparison!

[Image: 74778159_8036f803b0aec836d79175168237dc4e_large.jpg]

Here we are again with a size line up of the smaller dolls! This time with the new Wendy doll thrown into the mix so we can see how she fits. Answer? About heights with a Creatable World doll. There's likely potential for a decent body swap here, if you wanted to go that route.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 07:17 PM)werepuppy Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 12:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He makes a great Peter Pan! And nice work on the outfit!

Ah, thank you! I saw that it could work and went "yes, you will be Peter." 

Ha, funny you should ask that...

I see LOL

Size comparisons are always fun. And helpful!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 09-17-2020

Seconding the thoughs above, size comparisons are always great, for more than one reasons smile
I really like that overall on the Creatable World doll, it's so simple but creative, and the colours are lovely! Is it an original CW garment?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-17-2020

So we're supposed to pick the guilty culprit from the lineup, is that how it works?
Third from the left. The one with the red belt. No question. That's who done it!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-17-2020

I really hope some dinosaurs actually were orange, because that would be cool smile
Your pirate boy has a great outfit.
Nice group of Disney girls; I had to google Megara. And the size comparison is fun.
Didn't know the bears could stand on their own... nice. Cheers for completing another sewing project.
...glitter, haha. Reminded me of the COVID analogy I saw. A bunch of people are doing crafts together. One project uses glitter. Now how many projects have glitter? LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-17-2020

You impress me with how organised your dolls are.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 09:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Size comparisons are always fun. And helpful!

It seems to be a thing for me if I get a new doll, I find other dolls of similar heights and show how they all line up together. I like doing it because it helps me get an idea of what might be shared among what, and I would hope others find it helpful for their own collections. I should show the height of a Creatable World and the new Disney dolls next to a standard Barbie...

(09-17-2020, 03:40 AM)Loona Wrote: Seconding the thoughs above, size comparisons are always great, for more than one reasons smile
I really like that overall on the Creatable World doll, it's so simple but creative, and the colours are lovely! Is it an original CW garment?

I am glad these size comparisons are proving useful for people. I personally always find it kind of hard to work out height, but if I can relate to another doll or figure, well that really helps. 

It is! The Creatable World dolls are really cool just in a general thing - the concept is great - but I have to give a word for the amazing clothing stock. Proper fabrics, full prints where there should be full prints, and all seperate pieces! Also the feet are bigger than usual Barbie sized feet (interesting considering it's Mattel) so you'll find them useful for other dolls, likely. I have tried some CW clothing on Monster High and the fit is good! 

(09-17-2020, 04:18 AM)davidd Wrote: So we're supposed to pick the guilty culprit from the lineup, is that how it works?
Third from the left. The one with the red belt. No question. That's who done it!

Mildred is so shocked you could pick her! 

... Unless you mean who melted the cauldron in potions in which case, yes, she has to hold her hand up and admit her guilt. 

(Actually I should think about remaking her shirt... hm...)

(09-17-2020, 01:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I really hope some dinosaurs actually were orange, because that would be cool smile
Your pirate boy has a great outfit.
Nice group of Disney girls; I had to google Megara.  And the size comparison is fun.
Didn't know the bears could stand on their own... nice.  Cheers for completing another sewing project.
...glitter, haha.  Reminded me of the COVID analogy I saw.  A bunch of people are doing crafts together.  One project uses glitter.  Now how many projects have glitter?  LOL

It would be cool if dinosaurs were all sorts of colours, yeah. Especially orange because yes. Good colour for a dinosaur.

Really got to give props to Azone there. They may cost ... well, a lot for a fashion doll scale, but you can see your money's worth in the quality of their outfits. All these seperate pieces and the jacket and hat are lined!

Megara is from Hercules and tends to be remembered best for her lines. "I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle it." 

Some bears can stand on their own, some need assistance. I have to admit that Helter was kept close to the table and couch to help with his ability to stand, but I do have a couple that can stand anywhere, on their own, no problem. Might pic take them at some point...

... That is a great analogy to use. 

(09-17-2020, 04:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: You impress me with how organised your dolls are.

It helps me a bit with sewing outfits - if I can make it to fit this doll, it will also fit this doll. Plus I do spend a lot of time when I do these line ups for size making sure they're in the right order. 

- - - 

261. A is for Allsorts

[Image: 74827016_eaf73196eba16ab65b7059eef69c7e90_standard.jpg]

Bear day? Bear day! This is Allsorts, from the 2014 collection. She's about 13" tall and seems to be part of the sweetie shop collection - in that she's named after a sweet. I love her plush patterns.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-17-2020

Cute name for cute bear!

They're called 'lékorky' (singular is lékorka) in Czech, from our word for liquorice - 'lékořice'. Sorry, I just have this uncontrollable urge to share all our words with ř...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-18-2020

My grandmother always had a glass bowl with a glass lid sitting on an end table filled with Allsorts and Dolly Mixture.

I only learned what "Dolly Mixture" was when I joined the best online forum ever (prior to this one), Dollie Mixtures. And it made me think of my grandma and her candy dish, and many happy hours spent ensconced in the big comfy chair in my grandparents' living room, reading books under the light of the wall-mounted lamp and conveniently close to the Allsorts and Dolly Mix bowl.

The Allsorts and Dolly Mix were all kind of melted together, of course, so that is how I remember them.

And now you mention Allsorts on the current best online forum ever!

I need to buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Crillys-Liquorice-Allsorts-Mixtures-British/dp/B07G6VQLTF

And... are we starting another ABC round on Bear Day? YAY! That is sure to be all sorts of fun!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-18-2020

Allsorts is a perfect match for the tub of raspberry ripple ice cream currently in my freezer smile

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-18-2020

I love her. She’s so cheerful and colourful.