The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-23-2020

Did Ginger and friends have their own TV show? If not, they should have.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-24-2020

The JET-SET figs are pretty cool, I must admit.

The unicorn purse is certainly part of an excellent disguise. Nobody would suspect that such a "girly" little fashion bag would be filled with high-tech communications gear, deadly weaponry, and makeup. Well, maybe the makeup part.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-24-2020

(09-23-2020, 08:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Maleficent looks magnificent.  So amazing and dramatic.

Ginger looks very comfortable there.

Thank you! 

(09-23-2020, 09:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Every elite team needs a ginger (or some other type of redhead) on it!

Oh yes, the Irish / Celtic in general Fae are the best!!! I love our Slavic ones very much, but the lore is nowhere near as rich and complex, and if it once was, it's all been lost long ago.

Ginger will happily take this place.

I need to try to find books that are like the ones I had at my gran's...

(09-23-2020, 10:14 PM)Elfy Wrote: Did Ginger and friends have their own TV show? If not, they should have.

No, they did not. This is just me making up my own thing based on what the story of the dolls was. Which, I should be clear, the dolls were just fashion students. I just... decided to have fun.

(09-24-2020, 01:32 AM)davidd Wrote: The JET-SET figs are pretty cool, I must admit.

The unicorn purse is certainly part of an excellent disguise. Nobody would suspect that such a "girly" little fashion bag would be filled with high-tech communications gear, deadly weaponry, and makeup. Well, maybe the makeup part.

You're exactly right on the high-tech aspect of the purse, though the scanner means that will only show if Ginger opens it in the correct way. 

- - - 

268. H is for Howleen

[Image: 75122206_01529058f95b17b70900dbc3cdce448f_standard.jpg]

Ah, the adorable youngest teen of the Wolf family. Well, youngest Wolf in the Room, actually. Howleen likes being seen as fairly tough, even if she does still sleep with her (slightly torn) teddy bear.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-24-2020

Howleen is such a cute doll. I was kinda bummed that they changed her hair color from orange to pink, I think her signature (before 13 Wishes became the signature look) was the coolest. I'm actually thinking about rerooting my Howleen, but it doesn't have a particularly high priority.

Clawdeen does mention a litter of little brothers once or twice in the pre-reboot webisodes, but they're never referred to by their names, let alone shown (plus it felt like it was there just for a joke and it didn't seem to be a consistent part of the canon), and I don't really do reboot, so as far as I'm concerned, Howleen is the youngest Wolf in existence.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-25-2020

That leather (pleather) black dress with the vibrant geometric design is too cool for school. Paired with a pleather (leather) jacket? That's one howl of a look! Howleen is def the leader of the pack!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-25-2020

She is cute. Hmm, I wonder if the teddy bear is torn from age, or whether she nibbles on him...?
Your adventures with the Jet Set girls would probably be fun to read.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-25-2020

How many are in the Wolf family? There seem to be new ones popping up all the time.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-25-2020

Thanks, all!

- - -

269. I is for Inquisitive

[Image: 75158487_f1ffbe78f51092841f5511df338ccbaa_standard.jpg]

"Friend?"

Stitch is very curious about this little black cat...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-25-2020

Aww, both Stitch and the Emily's cat (which one is this? Mystery?) are so endearing!

To answer the Wolf question - before the reboot, there were four named Wolf family members as per webisodes and movies canon (there were several separate official ones, like the books and the diaries, but webisodes and movies were the main ones). Clawdeen, one of MH's core crew, Clawd, her older brother who became Draculaura's (another main char) boyfriend, their younger sister Howleen, and finally, the oldest sister Clawdia, who's a young adult, graduated from Monster High a while ago and studies to be a writer. The diaries mention siblings who are older than Clawdia, but never make an appearance.

The reboot axed Clawdia, and brought to the main canon Harriet - Wolf siblings' mother from the books, and introduced a litter of little unnamed cubs. The youngest Wolfs (Wolfs and not Wolves because it's a name, not species in this case, right? Right??) were represented in doll form by Barker and Pawla, but I'm not sure whether they appeared in media, as I didn't follow the post-reboot MH for very long.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-26-2020

What's the old saying? Curiosity got you killed by a cat?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-26-2020

If I was the cat I’d be rather concerned.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-26-2020

Friend? Or lunch?
Better be careful, Stitch. You gonna get kittyslapped.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-26-2020

(09-25-2020, 10:23 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aww, both Stitch and the Emily's cat (which one is this? Mystery?) are so endearing!

Yes, this is Mystery! She came with my Emily figure, and is a really cute little kitty. Stitch is a Revoltech figure from their Movie Revo line and honestly one of the best figure purchases I ever made. He's just so much fun to move around and pose. I should try to take some pictures of him with the scene setting thing that's included in the box (just a cardboard piece, but still nice!)

(09-26-2020, 08:45 AM)davidd Wrote: What's the old saying? Curiosity got you killed by a cat?

Ah, but satisfaction brings you back! 

(09-26-2020, 12:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: If I was the cat I’d be rather concerned.

Mystery is too cool to be concerned about the habits of Stitch.

(09-26-2020, 03:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Friend?  Or lunch?
Better be careful, Stitch.  You gonna get kittyslapped.

... I could actually see that happening... 

- - - 

270. J is for Jaime Reyes

[Image: 75206372_821cf9d1136de4e86a89c029232893ce_standard.jpg]

AKA the Blue Beetle. Well, the third Blue Beetle to be exact. Jaime is another one of those legacy characters, only he's one who isn't related to his predecessors in the role. If you ever have a chance to read his first solo series run, do. It's a fantastic run and a solid start for a great character. And because comic history is complicated, here's a link to his wiki page here. This is the ... DC Icons version of his figure, which is more in scale with Marvel Legends.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-27-2020

Cool action figure! So this one is for when you go outside to play in the back garden with the neighborhood boys, huh? As contrasted with your more dainty figures?
LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 09-27-2020

Love the Howleen shot, she was one of my favourite non-core dolls.

Stitch & kitty is very cute too, it looks like a great figure to pose with.