The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-27-2020

(09-27-2020, 02:01 AM)davidd Wrote: Cool action figure! So this one is for when you go outside to play in the back garden with the neighborhood boys, huh? As contrasted with your more dainty figures?
LOL

Heh, one of many! My action figures are a smaller collection, but still a dedicated one. I may try to set up a thing of my Figuarts Gokaigers... Maybe. If I can find the time and have the patience to do it. 

(09-27-2020, 11:06 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the Howleen shot, she was one of my favourite non-core dolls.

Stitch & kitty is very cute too, it looks like a great figure to pose with.

Howleen is a fantastic doll to have. 

Stitch is so much fun to pose with. 

- - - 

271. K is for Kiara & Kovu

[Image: 75245452_fdc45bd6a5642ae00e0fe9373e1deebd_standard.jpg]

The co-leads of The Lion King 2. I really enjoyed that movie as a kid, and alway wanted these two bean bag plushies. Fast forward to uni times and I was able to find them on eBay. They're very cute, and a reminder of how Disney used to do smaller bean bags before the current style.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-27-2020

Those 2 look great together. When we were overseas a few years ago, we picked up a Simba from a Disney store In the UK to give to our nephew as a present. We didn’t really know what else to give him, and I don’t he was even 1 yet at the time. Weird thing is that Simba became his favourite toy,his parents even had to buy him another one for him to have while they cleaned or gave the original a rest.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-27-2020

I'm afraid of bugsies and spidies and other multi-leggedy beasties (unless they're 'good bugs' like for example bees, butterflies, ladybeetles and rose chafers. Or characters in Tim Burton's movies), so I can't help but think of giant ticks when I look at his costume... Sorry...

EDIT!!! I somehow clicked on second last page instead of the last and didn't notice it, so I replied to yesterdays post and didn't see today's one!

Don't know the movie, but plush kitten (ok, lion cubs) are always cute! I loved how you posed them! Our old kitties used to rest their heads on each other like that all the time.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Aichan - 09-27-2020

I didn’t know there was a lion king 2. I knew about the Musical / play and are they redoing the orginal? Or maybe its a live action!

Well put of the Lion King Loop.

Its nice you still have your childhood plushies in good condition. My are pretty thread bare especially The oldest.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-28-2020

I can't recall if I saw Lion King 2. I was curious about looking for the remake of #1 though. Cute pose for these two.
Don't know anything about Marvel universe.... blue guy has nice colours though...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-28-2020

I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong here, but I believe the Blue Beetle is DC, not Marvel. I don’t think Marvel had any predominantly blue characters unless you count Nightcrawler.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 09-28-2020

(09-27-2020, 09:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: When we were overseas a few years ago, we picked up a Simba from a Disney store In the UK to give to our nephew as a present. We didn’t really know what else to give him, and I don’t he was even 1 yet at the time. Weird thing is that Simba became his favourite toy,his parents even had to buy him another one for him to have while they cleaned or gave the original a rest.

I'm not sure if we actually picked the toy either, I think we bought an outfit (tshirt & pants) and the toy was included as part of it. But yes, he completely & utterly loves it!

(09-27-2020, 11:48 PM)Aichan Wrote: I didn’t know there was a lion king 2. I knew about the Musical / play and are they redoing the orginal? Or maybe its a live action!
The live-action film came out late last year - i think. This year has been very weird in terms of time passing, so I'm not really sure any more. We haven't seen it, so can't say what it's like compared to the cartoon version. Or the musical.

werepuppy, they look very cute posed like that.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-28-2020

(09-27-2020, 09:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: Those 2 look great together. When we were overseas a few years ago, we picked up a Simba from a Disney store In the UK to give to our nephew as a present. We didn’t really know what else to give him, and I don’t he was even 1 yet at the time. Weird thing is that Simba became his favourite toy,his parents even had to buy him another one for him to have while they cleaned or gave the original a rest.

Ha! I actually did the same for one of my baby cousins, and yeah, have been informed they could hardly get the toy off him when he was born. 

(09-27-2020, 10:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm afraid of bugsies and spidies and other multi-leggedy beasties (unless they're 'good bugs' like for example bees, butterflies, ladybeetles and rose chafers. Or characters in Tim Burton's movies), so I can't help but think of giant ticks when I look at his costume... Sorry...

EDIT!!! I somehow clicked on second last page instead of the last and didn't notice it, so I replied to yesterdays post and didn't see today's one!

Don't know the movie, but plush kitten (ok, lion cubs) are always cute! I loved how you posed them! Our old kitties used to rest their heads on each other like that all the time.

No, no, that's fair. I'm sorry to have scared you with the figure.

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. It's one of those direct to video sequels Disney did a ton of in the late 90s/early 00s. It's generally agreed that this is one of the better ones, and plays on Romeo & Juliet in a more overt way that The Lion King does with it's Shakespearian influences. Animation downgrade, yes, but still decent in comparison to some of those movies. This was just the easiest way to pose them together, so I'm glad to hear it's a proper kitty pose. 

(09-27-2020, 11:48 PM)Aichan Wrote: I didn’t know there was a lion king 2.  I knew about the Musical / play and are they redoing the orginal? Or maybe its a live action! 

Well put of the Lion King Loop. 

Its nice you still have your  childhood plushies in good condition. My are  pretty thread bare especially The oldest.

It came out in ... 1998, I believe! It's on their streaming service, if you have that, or easily found on DVD or Blu-Ray. The 2019 remake of the original is... hit and miss. The voice acting is great, but you lose a lot when you use photo realistic CGI to animate characters. There's a lot of missing ex.pressions. 

I wish these were childhood. They were huge childhood wants, but I wasn't able to get them until I was in uni. 

(09-28-2020, 12:09 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I can't recall if I saw Lion King 2.  I was curious about looking for the remake of #1 though.  Cute pose for these two.
Don't know anything about Marvel universe.... blue guy has nice colours though...

Blue Guy is  DC character - the Blue Beetle. He's just more in line with the sizing of the Marvel Legends figures. 
It's a fun movie. Not the huge spectable of the first, but definitely one of the stronger villains...

(09-28-2020, 04:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong here, but I believe the Blue Beetle is DC, not Marvel. I don’t think Marvel had any predominantly blue characters unless you count Nightcrawler.

You're entirely right! Blue Beetle is DC! 

(09-28-2020, 07:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: werepuppy, they look very cute posed like that.

The 2019 remake is photo realistic CGI, even if Disney won't admit to it. It's... hit and miss, really. There is a strong feeling that they were testing animating in that format by remaking something popular. Whether or not they'll use it again remains to be seen. Honestly? I think there would have been a lot more enjoyment from a professional recording of the stage musical. Though rumours abound that they are planning on recording all their stage plays for the service at some point so... it'll happen.

- - - 

272. L is for Lucario

[Image: 75288497_7f5351ec3690191b3749487abf3b26bb_standard.jpg]

Showing off his psychic energy move that does a lot of damage. Lucario is a Pokémon, and the only one I have in S. H. Figuarts form. He's  very articulated, and such fun to pose. I also just like it when I get this Pokémon in my party in game - he's a tough little one.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-28-2020

He's quite anthropomorphic! Pokémons I remeber seeing around were more like cutesy animals, like Pikachu or Garlic Turtle. But I guess that with a franchise spanning over such a long time and the need to keep introducing new ones, you can't very well stick with just one style.

(09-28-2020, 09:27 PM)werepuppy Wrote: No, no, that's fair. I'm sorry to have scared you with the figure.

Oh, don't worry about it! I'm only afraid of the real ones, visibly plastic / artificial ones do not scare me, just make me think of unpleasant things like bites and stings. I'm actually fond of some insects and I'm always glad to see them on my flowers, despite being afraid of them and getting kinda panicky at the thought of touching them (when I need to release ones that got inside, I need a glass and cardboard). And I'm fine with 2D depictions. So don't worry about that and post all the insecty stuff you want, I just won't be quite sure how to comment from time to time.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-29-2020

(09-28-2020, 11:28 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: He's quite anthropomorphic! Pokémons I remeber seeing around were more like cutesy animals, like Pikachu or Garlic Turtle. But I guess that with a franchise spanning over such a long time and the need to keep introducing new ones, you can't very well stick with just one style.

Yeah, there's quite a lot of different variations of Pokémon, and some lean towards more anthropomorphic looks than others. Also re: bug type things... there's not likly to really be anything like that in my collection. Blue Beetle was probably the closest thing I have. 

- - - 

273. M is for Mulan

[Image: 75333249_db020fe800ebf053605b665ecf0c545b_standard.jpg]

One of my favourite animated Disney Princesses. This is her Classic doll - the ones sold in the Disney Stores - from a couple of years ago, rebodied on to a Made to Move body, so as to give the full range of motion a Mulan needs. I am considering trying to see if I can do a re-dress to match her look in Ralph Breaks the Internet, but we'll see.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-30-2020

She's so pretty! Much better than Mattel versions (and I've never seen a Hasbro one, I don't really keep up with the DP franchise). Now I'm blanking - is there a Descendant doll?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 09-30-2020

She’s gorgeous. She’s one of Lejays favourite Disney Princesses and we have a few of her, but not that one.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 09-30-2020

Ah, a rebodied Mulan. That ex-plains how you were able to get such a pose. I've never seen a Mulan fig posed so appropriate-to-character before. Nice customizing with this fig.

The energy is almost palpable from blue fox with an ex-ploding jellyfish! Lively figure!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 09-30-2020

Made to Move bodies are great.... why can't Groove make bodies like that?

(09-28-2020, 04:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: I believe the Blue Beetle is DC, not Marvel.
Well, there you go. *shrugs*

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 09-30-2020

(09-30-2020, 12:04 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's so pretty! Much better than Mattel versions (and I've never seen a Hasbro one, I don't really keep up with the DP franchise). Now I'm blanking - is there a Descendant doll?

Hasbro ones seem to vary from doll to doll, at least as far as I've seen - weirdly we don't have many examples of the Hasbro ones in my distribution area... There is a Descendants! Lonnie. I ... do not have her. I did have her, but a cousin was having difficulty finding her so I gave over mine, I've just not been able to find one since. Ah, well. 

(09-30-2020, 08:20 AM)Elfy Wrote: She’s gorgeous. She’s one of Lejays favourite Disney Princesses and we have a few of her, but not that one.

This was released... a few years back. I know they bring out 'new' ones every year or so - usually just a different outfit but occasionally they change the face molds just slightly. 

(09-30-2020, 11:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Ah, a rebodied Mulan. That ex-plains how you were able to get such a pose. I've never seen a Mulan fig posed so appropriate-to-character before. Nice customizing with this fig.

The energy is almost palpable from blue fox with an ex-ploding jellyfish! Lively figure!

One of those body changes that was surprisingly a lot easier to do than people made it seem online - I didn't even need to heat up the heads, I just pulled. 

Lucario is a very lively figure! 

(09-30-2020, 01:53 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Made to Move bodies are great.... why can't Groove make bodies like that?

To be fair, Mattel might have the bodies, but they really don't use them as often as they should - they don't even use the Pivotal body or the jointed playline Fashionista body as often as they should. Though I have seen some Pullips rebodied on to MTM bodies and it always looks surprisingly sturdy. 

- - - 

274. N is for Nefarious

[Image: 75376779_525338118186c09d1033d2870160b4b4_standard.jpg]

"So this is the kind of crap Auradon puts out about our parents?" 
"Some of it's pretty accurate..."
"Of course you'd say that, your parents are on the cover."
"Is that an 'honour' you want?" 
"I'll pass, Princess."