The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 09-30-2020

Pretty looking book! Villains tend to have quite interesting designs. And not only the Disney ones. Forget the cookies, the Dark Side has style!

Always pleased to see your Descendants!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-01-2020

The Snark Sisters there on the left are rather endearing in the snarkiness! They're waiting for the day when they merit a book cover appearance!

(I somehow find the visual image of werepuppy sitting in her parlor ripping the heads off dolls and squealing, 'oh, that one came off easily!' to be quite amusing!)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-01-2020

Villains are often so much more interesting than heroes.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-01-2020

Mulan is my favourite Disney Princess, but I don’t have a fashion-doll version of her yet. I haven’t seen one that speaks to me enough to buy. But yours is great with the re-body.

I have Lonnie’s outfits, but the dolls were re-homed a long time back.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-01-2020

(09-30-2020, 10:28 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Pretty looking book! Villains tend to have quite interesting designs. And not only the Disney ones. Forget the cookies, the Dark Side has style!

Always pleased to see your Descendants!

Honestly thia book is more of an art book than anything. Filled with cool looking prints of the various Disney Villains. They really do have all the style. 

It's always fun to take pictures of them! 

(10-01-2020, 02:59 AM)davidd Wrote: The Snark Sisters there on the left are rather endearing in the snarkiness! They're waiting for the day when they merit a book cover appearance!

(I somehow find the visual image of werepuppy sitting in her parlor ripping the heads off dolls and squealing, 'oh, that one came off easily!' to be quite amusing!)

Well, it'll probably happen, but not necessarily in the way they think... 

(I mean, it's not an entirely unaccurate image...)

(10-01-2020, 04:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: Villains are often so much more interesting than heroes.

Certainly their designs are allowed to be! 

(10-01-2020, 05:47 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Mulan is my favourite Disney Princess, but I don’t have a fashion-doll version of her yet.  I haven’t seen one that speaks to me enough to buy.  But yours is great with the re-body.

I have Lonnie’s outfits, but the dolls were re-homed a long time back.

It can be hard to fin the version that speaks to you the most. I'm just lucky that I'm within quite close distance of a Disney Store, it did make it easier to get this one. 

I don't even have an outfit... to eBay maybe? 

- - - 

275. O is for Oswald

[Image: 75422560_1a482b916408fd3a1cfba23509535016_standard.jpg]

Oswald! Created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit could be looked on as an older brother to the infamous Mouse that started it all. He came back to the company in the mid 00s, in a good game called Epic Mickey, which actually played on the idea of old and forgotten cartoons and concepts. This plush came out in 2007, and honestly I think it's one of the best plush I own. He just looks so perfect.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-02-2020

To be honest, I wouldn't have guessed he's a rabbit (I'd just be confused by his ears), but I love the idea of rediscovering the old characters and bringing them back to life.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 10-02-2020

Always partial to dolls with blue hair smile
Agree, it's fun to keep classic old characters alive.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-02-2020

I see what you mean about Oswald being an almost perfect plush. By their nature, most plushies must take considerable liberties with the original character designs. But Oswald was quite a boneless, fluid character, as was the norm in the late-1920s, and this plushie offers an impressively screen-accurate likeness.

"(I mean, it's not an entirely unaccurate image...)"

I thought not!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-02-2020

Who owns Oswald now? Did Disney get him?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-02-2020

Oswald looks almost exactly like the cartoon version. He is a perfect plush version.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 12:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: To be honest, I wouldn't have guessed he's a rabbit (I'd just be confused by his ears), but I love the idea of rediscovering the old characters and bringing them back to life.

Yess, I love the concept myself! More should be done with it.

(10-02-2020, 11:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Always partial to dolls with blue hair smile
Agree, it's fun to keep classic old characters alive.

Blue hair is one of those colours that does tend to make me jump at a doll if I'm totally honest...

I wish Disney did more little shorts with their classic characters. Those can be a lot of fun. 

(10-02-2020, 12:51 PM)davidd Wrote: I see what you mean about Oswald being an almost perfect plush. By their nature, most plushies must take considerable liberties with the original character designs. But Oswald was quite a boneless, fluid character, as was the norm in the late-1920s, and this plushie offers an impressively screen-accurate likeness.

"(I mean, it's not an entirely unaccurate image...)" 

I thought not!

Seriously! The fluidity of earlier cartoons does lend itself to remarkably accurate merchandising of them - this is probably why that game which uses this style got so popular in part. 

Ha, thought the image might be amusing to you! 

(10-02-2020, 04:14 PM)Elfy Wrote: Who owns Oswald now? Did Disney get him?

As far as I understand, Disney do own him again. He occasionally gets some merch here and there, and once every few years, they seem to put together another little short for him. I think he might be a meetable character at the Parks at certain times of the year, but I could be wrong there. 

(10-02-2020, 06:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Oswald looks almost exactly like the cartoon version.  He is a perfect plush version.

I really do love it when a plush is so accurate to the cartoon. 

- - - 

276. P is for Princess

[Image: 75466478_1b68b4c5ba6a603a81080939fb813e09_standard.jpg]

Princess Leia, to be exact. This is the Disney Store premium figure version of Leia, and I've always felt like it was a really good example of her for the price point. Even if her hair bunds are a bit over-sized.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-02-2020

Oh yeah, Leia is, technically, a Disney Princess... Feels weird. LOL

She's a really cool character.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-03-2020

Nice figure, especially what appears to be a nicely constructed flowing robe!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-03-2020

Leila quite often makes appearances in Amy Mebberson’s Pocket Princesses strip on Instagram.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-03-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh yeah, Leia is, technically, a Disney Princess... Feels weird. LOL

She's a really cool character.

It's still one of those weird ones to remember, yeah. 

I really enjoy her character.

(10-03-2020, 11:42 AM)davidd Wrote: Nice figure, especially what appears to be a nicely constructed flowing robe!

It is a good robe for the scale of it. 

(10-03-2020, 01:32 PM)Elfy Wrote: Leila quite often makes appearances in Amy Mebberson’s Pocket Princesses strip on Instagram.

Ahhh, I love that comic! 

- - - 

277. Q is for Questionable

[Image: 75512232_2c3d7fa86bd9fb211c2c803f8b30cae2_standard.jpg]

Basil is very sure that one of these snacks is not like the other...