The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262685)

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-04-2020

Yeah, the one with eyeball seems to be the only normal one, I dunno about the other two...

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-04-2020

Is that a bowl of scrambled eggs?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dargosmydaddy - 10-04-2020

Very buttery popcorn, maybe?

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-04-2020

I’m thinking 2 healthy, one not so much.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 10-04-2020

Nice Leia figure. Her hair was pretty big to start with...
*goes off to see what other Disney Star Wars figures there are....*
>sigh< why can't someone make a really nice Wedge Antilles? xp

(10-04-2020, 12:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yeah, the one with eyeball seems to be the only normal one, I dunno about the other two...
Ha! Best answer.
Although I suppose it would depend on what critter laid the big bowl of scrambled eggs LOL

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-04-2020

We have Star Wars ooshies here in the supermarkets, spend $30 get an ooshie. It's Disney and because they own pretty much everything it has Star Wars mixed with Marvel and Disney and Pixar.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 10-04-2020

Love the Leia, even if the "cinnamon-roll" buns are far too large for her.
And it's still so weird that she could be classed as a Disney Princess LOL LOL

They all look fine Basil, trust yourself!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-04-2020

(10-04-2020, 12:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yeah, the one with eyeball seems to be the only normal one, I dunno about the other two...

It is a perfectly Halloween-y cake, and we do celebrate for the full Spook month...

(10-04-2020, 01:17 AM)davidd Wrote: Is that a bowl of scrambled eggs?

I believe it's meant to be popcorn. It came in a little Barbie furniture set that I picked up for the sofa they had with it, thinking it would be perfect for my little Hujoos. Of course, currently Basil is sitting in it but I do have some fun new furniture coming...

(10-04-2020, 04:35 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Very buttery popcorn, maybe?

I think you're right there. It could be molded a bit better to be clearer? 

(10-04-2020, 10:44 AM)Elfy Wrote: I’m thinking 2 healthy, one not so much.

Hmm, that is a good point. 

(10-04-2020, 01:32 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Nice Leia figure.  Her hair was pretty big to start with...
*goes off to see what other Disney Star Wars figures there are....*
>sigh< why can't someone make a really nice Wedge Antilles?  xp

Although I suppose it would depend on what critter laid the big bowl of scrambled eggs LOL

So this is a 6" scale, rather than the 12" of most dolls, but there is a Wedge Antilles in the Black Series line: here. Of course, you probably have this and were looking for something taller and sadly I don't think there is one. With this franchise, you think every character would be available in every scale...

I think it's meant to be a bowl of popcorn, but it really does look like scambled eggs... 

(10-04-2020, 01:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: We have Star Wars ooshies here in the supermarkets, spend $30 get an ooshie. It's Disney and because they own pretty much everything it has Star Wars mixed with Marvel and Disney and Pixar.

I ... have no idea what an 'ooshie' is. Having googled them... they look okay? I don't think I would run out to get them, but if I spotted them I might pick up a packet? Maybe? And yeah, Disney are masters of marketing their goods. Though not always the ones you want them to market and give more attention to. 

(10-04-2020, 02:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Love the Leia, even if the "cinnamon-roll" buns are far too large for her.
And it's still so weird that she could be classed as a Disney Princess LOL LOL

They all look fine Basil, trust yourself!

I love the Pocket Princesses take on it - probably the best take. 

Let's just hope his eyes aren't too big for his stomach, and he can eat all his treats. 

- - - 

278. R is for Rum Tum Tugger

[Image: 75556428_1b024e098801bb6260fe5ffd419917da_standard.jpg]

The rock star, the icon, the legend. I'm fairly fond of my Cats inspired customs, and Tugger is probably one of my favourites. I think this is her final, settled look. Maybe one day I'll be good enough to sew her a suit that looks like like the stage costume, for but now, Tugger feels completely. The top is Sparkle Girls, the trousers are Creatable World and the shoes are Monster High.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-04-2020

She looks great in her new gear!!!

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 10-05-2020

Well doesn't she look cool. I like the pants.
I forget if you said whether you'd seen the "Cats" movie, the recent one....? I'm waiting for the DVD to be available at the library as I'm curious following all the talk about it.

(10-04-2020, 10:22 PM)werepuppy Wrote: So this is a 6" scale, rather than the 12" of most dolls, but there is a Wedge Antilles in the Black Series line:
That link's a blank screen for me, but yeah, I've seen the 6" ones. There is a 12" but the likeness is nonexistent. As an X-Wing fan, I think it would be fun to have a nice custom 12" that really looks like him. ...and I mean, Hot Toys has made figures of characters that are way less popular... Oh well... slash

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-05-2020

I am also fairly fond of your Cats inspired customs. Or your Catwalk Kitties inspired customs.

Fairly fond being here defined as OMG I LURRRV DEM!!!! Heart 2

But you already knew that.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 10-05-2020

I can totally buy her as a rock star.
On the ooshies, they're a promotional thing that Woolworths here run. They did some on the Lion King last year and people went bananas for them, so they brought it back this year with a different range. You unfortunately don't get a choice in what you get, it's a blind bag deal. If you spend say $90 on groceries you get 3 ooshies. So far we've only got 3 doubles. 2 Ladys (Lady and the Tramp), 2 Darths and 2 Leia's. We tested the glow in the dark Gamora by charging her up under a reading lamp and then putting her in a dark room, and boy did she really glow green! I personally want the figure of The Mandalorian the most, because it looks the coolest, but I think its one of the rarer ones.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 10-05-2020

(10-04-2020, 11:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks great in her new gear!!!

Thank you! 

(10-05-2020, 11:30 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Well doesn't she look cool.  I like the pants.
I forget if you said whether you'd seen the "Cats" movie, the recent one....?  I'm waiting for the DVD to be available at the library as I'm curious following all the talk about it.

That link's a blank screen for me, but yeah, I've seen the 6" ones.  There is a 12" but the likeness is nonexistent.  As an X-Wing fan, I think it would be fun to have a nice custom 12" that really looks like him.   ...and I mean, Hot Toys has made figures of characters that are way less popular...  Oh well...  slash

I have not seen the most recent movie version of Cats but a few of my friends have and... yeah, it's not good. Stick to the 1999 filmed stage performance. 

Damn, sorry it's a blank screen. I wonder if it's taking so long to get a 12" in his likeness because of some right's issues? They crop up more often than we'd think. 

(10-05-2020, 01:34 PM)davidd Wrote: I am also fairly fond of your Cats inspired customs. Or your Catwalk Kitties inspired customs.

Fairly fond being here defined as OMG I LURRRV DEM!!!! Heart 2

But you already knew that.

Heh. I still would love a couple of Catwalk Kitties properly, but their second hand prices make me wince rather a lot when I look at them online. I might be able to justify some of those prices for other kinds of dolls, but for that... I continue to wait till I find one far more affordably. It's okay, I can be patient. I hope. 

(10-05-2020, 02:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: I can totally buy her as a rock star.
On the ooshies, they're a promotional thing that Woolworths here run. They did some on the Lion King last year and people went bananas for them, so they brought it back this year with a different range. You unfortunately don't get a choice in what you get, it's a blind bag deal. If you spend say $90 on groceries you get 3 ooshies. So far we've only got 3 doubles. 2 Ladys (Lady and the Tramp), 2 Darths and 2 Leia's. We tested the glow in the dark Gamora by charging her up under a reading lamp and then putting her in a dark room, and boy did she really glow green! I personally want the figure of The Mandalorian the most, because it looks the coolest, but I think its one of the rarer ones.

It's the Rum Tum Tugger, how can she not be a rock star?

Ooh. I mean they sound vaguely interesting, but I think I'd prefer it being something I could pick up if I wanted to, rather than being a spend so much to get just one. Maybe that's just me, however. 

- - - 

279. S is for Student

[Image: 75593415_7482f77514c1295fc2b48169244ad31d_standard.jpg]

Back to School Storm! I really do love the white hair look here, it just looks so cool. Admittely, I'm pretty sure most schools have a policy on dying hair  or rather they did during the line's hey-day, so she likely would not have gotten away with it. Still, looks cool.

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 10-05-2020

Ah, what a beauty. The white hair gives her this ethereal, almost ghostly appearence Heart

RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 10-06-2020

I don't remember seeing this one! Wild!
Love the uniform!