The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-15-2020

I go with the others, Carly deserves official recognition.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-15-2020

[Image: november14a2.jpg]
14 November – Let's Copy neon_jellyfish Today!
Mattel Monster High Frankie Stein – Migraine Ghouls Rule Edition

Migraine Ghouls Rule Frankie was unboxed today specifically for this photo:

[Image: november14b.jpg]

[Image: november14c.jpg]

[Image: november14d.jpg]
Question: can anyone tell me what the little blue oozing skullette
beside the cauldron and above the blue handbag is supposed to be for?
It has a loop on the back as though it would slide on to a belt or something.

Unrelated random photo – the local movie theater is closed (temporarily, they claim) because of You-Know-What, but they have begun putting humorous "Coming Attractions" promos on the marquee:

[Image: november14e.jpg]
Pirate Movie

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-15-2020

Love the movie picture.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-15-2020

12?? hahaha.
Nice photo/copy. Yay for unboxing someone.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-15-2020

Does Migrane Ghoul's Rule Frankie have a belt that the little skull thing can attach to?

I think this is my favourite Frankie, she looks so elegant here.

and  LOL LOL   to the promo at the cinemas.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-15-2020

A stunning Frankie.

And I laughed at the cinema.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-15-2020

GR Frankie is made of pure awesomeness. I never figured out what that thing is, either. She just holds it in promo pics...

I think I might need to steal 'rated arrrr' in the future.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 11-16-2020

That movie picture is awesome! If I had a movie I'd totally use the marquee to advertise my random thoughts there Tongue

Yay for unboxing this classy gal! She looks like someone who'll be fully suited to your dungeon.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-16-2020

I got dejavu with the Frankie pics, I wont lie. I thought I was back on neon's thread for a second! LOL She looks really cool, I have to say. Gosh so many MH dolls... You guys wont tempt me with MH dolls yet though! But I do love seeing your pics. I cannot fathom what that oozing skull is for though. Weird!

Man that marquee tho! Awesome. LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-16-2020

(11-15-2020, 11:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I never figured out what that thing is, either. She just holds it in promo pics...

Thank you! I was hoping you would offer your two (whatever old-fashioned Czech money prior to the Euro was called) on this. If you don't know, then I don't feel too badly about not being able to figure it out.

[Image: november15.jpg]
15 November – Monster High Luna Mothews

Luna reminds me of a silent-era motion picture actress. I've not seen the Boo York film, so I do not know what her actual role is.

The exoskeletal embossing on her insectoid body is a thoughtful detail, as are the facets in the irises of her eyes.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-16-2020

OK, it's late... why did it take me 3 glances to 'get' her name LOL
And I even tried to raise lunas once.
Interesting character... I had to go google and she looks like a fun doll. Although (insert pedantic nitpickery) she is the wrong colour for a luna moth.... xp

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-16-2020

That's a great pic of Luna, love the 'old timey' film grain filter effect on it! It really reminds me of a 50s actress publicity photo.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 02:24 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Although (insert pedantic nitpickery) she is the wrong colour for a luna moth....  xp

You mean luna moths are not greyscale?  LOL

I've never even seen a real luna moth, only pictures.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-16-2020

Very much a silent movie star of yesteryear.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-16-2020

Beautiful shot of Luna!

Her character is a singer in BYBY.

As for the color scheme, even in full color, her scheme is not that of a luna moth, because she's supposed to be lunar hornet moth. Her wings are too red and butterfly-ish for that, but black and yellow are correct. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't go with luna moth, I'd much prefer that one. Plus, they obviously wanted to give her butterfly wings (which lunar hornet moths, true to their name, do not have, they really look like hornets), and if half the characters can feature pink (and be singers, geez), why not have another green character? Oh well, that ship has sailed and sunk long ago.