The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-16-2020

... Yeah, actually, I see it. Old black and white film star. I wonder what genre she would be the lead in.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 11-17-2020

(11-16-2020, 03:50 PM)davidd Wrote: You mean luna moths are not greyscale? 
I've never even seen a real luna moth, only pictures.
The STOCK doll....??! Tongue
You're too far west to have seen one.  They're very cool.  Big and...fluttery.... with those long tails.  They are also a ridiculous amount of work to try to raise.  I will not do so again! LOL

(11-16-2020, 07:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ...she's supposed to be lunar hornet moth...
Whoa Whacked
Are they related to murder hornets??? was my first thought LOL
After a quickie google, I agree with the website that stated they "present a fearsome sight to the uninitiated".  They have pretty fur though! They're European, which ex-plains why I've never heard of them.
Once again, this forum proves to be more educational than one might ex!pect.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 10:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote: You're too far west to have seen one.  

I suspect you are correct. Online sources say luna moths can be found in Utah, but I'm calling "fake news" on that!

Exhibit No. 1: the Moths of Utah website, while claiming luna moths are found in Utah, uses a photo taken in North Carolina to illustrate the luna moth (found under the Saturnidæ heading): http://amazingnature.us/moths/

[Image: november16.jpg]
16 November – Janie, Triv, Addie, Peony, and Ellen

There's really no excuse for posting a crummy snapshot like this for A Doll A Day, other than... I'm hungry, so I'm gonna go have some ice cream rather than taking the time to set up a decent photo.

So yes, the whole world sucks right now, but I have dolls and M&Ms and ice cream, so ha!

(And no, I have not yet opened the parcel of which we saw a glimpse a few days ago, and of which we see another glimpse today.)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-17-2020

Is Triv wearing eyepatch?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-17-2020

(11-17-2020, 04:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: Is Triv wearing eyepatch?

Nope, just her hair falling in her eyes... but an eyepatch is an excellent idea that is now on the list!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - dunneh - 11-17-2020

(11-16-2020, 07:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Beautiful shot of Luna!

Her character is a singer in BYBY.

As for the color scheme, even in full color, her scheme is not that of a luna moth, because she's supposed to be lunar hornet moth. Her wings are too red and butterfly-ish for that, but black and yellow are correct. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't go with luna moth, I'd much prefer that one. Plus, they obviously wanted to give her butterfly wings (which lunar hornet moths, true to their name, do not have, they really look like hornets), and if half the characters can feature pink (and be singers, geez), why not have another green character? Oh well, that ship has sailed and sunk long ago.

Lunar Hornet Moths are yikes looking!

Quote from Website: Hornet moths are a fantastic example of what is known as ‘Batesian mimicry’ where harmless species have evolved to imitate more harmful or distasteful species. The idea being that predators are likely to avoid the harmless moth based on a previous unpleasant ex.perience with a hornet or other similar species.

It's working, it's definitely working. LOL

On looking up Luna Motthews I agree. I feel like they should have either leaned into the Lunar Hornet Moth aesthetic more (I mean I get the Lunar Hornet Moth has kinda auburn wings but what's with the red everywhere? Whats wrong with yellow?) or just leaned into the Luna Moth aesthetic instead. Translucent green would have been awesome! I love green. It feels like they didn't think much beyond 'butterfly' look. She's a very pretty doll though, but the red doesn't make much sense to me. Oh wells.

Very nice photo with the zip lock bags! I see they are protecting themselves LOL Something I noticed: The way she is holding the figures and the size of the wrestling twins makes me think that the Smart girls are playing with them in the same way we play with BJDs. Haha. We just need the figures (Peony and Ellen?) to hold even smaller dolls in their arms to complete doll-ception...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-17-2020

Ice cream & m&ms sound like a fab dinner!

I think you should introduce an eye patch for one of them soon, they would look great in one.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-17-2020

I'd loose my marbles if I had to leave a package unopened for days. I always open the package the first thing when I get home, before even taking off my coat. Sometimes, when I'm worried it might got damaged, I open it right at the post office...

Also, girls, it's not safe to play with plastic bags like that...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-17-2020

I really love that the girls are all wearing practical clothing. Well, apart from the little demon sprites, but still.

And I'm like neon, I get a lot of anxiety over mail so I need to open it quickly.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-18-2020

(11-17-2020, 10:22 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I really love that the girls are all wearing practical clothing. Well, apart from the little demon sprites, but still.

Considering where they live, the demon sprites would tell you their clothing is practical, too.   yay

[Image: november17a.jpg]
17 November – Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin for National Take a Hike Day
(And Doodle Tuesday – YAY!)

[Image: november17b.jpg]

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 11-18-2020

Yasmin looks very determined to celebrate the day appropriately.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 11-18-2020

Lovely doodle of the lovely Yasmin (the blue eyed version...)! I love the cheerful face on both the doodle and the doll!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 11-18-2020

Lovely doodle. They both have such cheerful faces.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 11-18-2020

Cute self-portrait doodle. She looks determined to celebrate in style.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 11-19-2020

[Image: november18.jpg]
18 November – Clutter, Chaos, and Entropy are Winning!
Oh well... let's knock off for tonight, have a Coke, and tackle it again tomorrow!