The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=7262691)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 12-08-2020

Someone else had a beach trip!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 12-08-2020

A beach trip too! we didn't get driftwood - except the falling-down pier at the place I went paddling.

was the plush unicorn a good guardian of the cash-machine? Deceptively scary?

I wouldn't stay at a Motel called Bates either Triv!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 12-08-2020

Good to see you back!

Beautiful beach adventure! And the pic with Addie and Janie is too funny.

Did you see anything... interesting in the motel?

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 12-09-2020

(12-08-2020, 09:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Did you see anything... interesting in the motel?

I deferred to Triv's wisdom and did not stay at that particular hotel.

[Image: december8.jpg]
8 December – Vampirella offers a colorful steam traction engine for Doodle Tuesday

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Elfy - 12-09-2020

That wouldn’t have been an interest I associate Vampirella with.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Lejays17 - 12-09-2020

Nice to see that she’s got very eclectic interests!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 12-09-2020

I'm failing to make a connection between Vampirella and the steam engine. But it did make me think of something like a steampunk / gaslamp fantasy version of Geneva International Motor Show with totally overpowered supernatural booth babes... What a weird idea to have...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 12-09-2020

So, she like steam engines, then.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 12-10-2020

It's hard for me to focus on either the doodle or the fact that this seems to be an unex-pected interest for Vampirella while she's wearing such a dress piece of garment (I don't think I'd call that amount of fabric dress Tongue ). I guess people are right when they say I can be conservative in ways...
She must have felt hot and steamy? That could ex-plain both the doodle and her choice of outfit Tongue Maybe it's actually the hot&steaminess that they have in common, resulting in her showing interest in steam engines?

Welcome back - to both you and Triv! It was lovely to see her beach adventures (and I'm happy you didn't stay in that motel after all!). That driftwood looks cool, I would have climbed it myself. Your posing is still excellent, she really looks like a person rather than a doll (I know, I know, the right term is action figure! Tongue ) in those pics!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 12-10-2020

(12-09-2020, 09:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm failing to make a connection between Vampirella and the steam engine. But it did make me think of something like a steampunk / gaslamp fantasy version of Geneva International Motor Show with totally overpowered supernatural booth babes... What a weird idea to have...

You won't be surprised to learn, I'm sure, that something along those lines was actually produced several years ago: a steampunk Vampirella graphic novel.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61L47vNwp-L.jpg

(12-09-2020, 10:38 PM)werepuppy Wrote: So, she like steam engines, then.

Or poor drawings of steam engines, yes. It's probably one of those hipster irony things.

(12-10-2020, 09:30 AM)Loona Wrote: Your posing is still excellent, she really looks like a person rather than a doll (I know, I know, the right term is action figure! Tongue ) in those pics!

Yes, all of my "dolls" are "action figures."  Tongue

Does a screencap count for A Doll A Day? Sure, why not:

[Image: december9.jpg]
9 December – An Offer You Can't Refuse

Five bucks for a new-in-box circa 1990 Playing Mantis Dr. Evil figure? You can't beat that with a stick!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - neon_jellyfish - 12-10-2020

Yaaay! I can't wait for him to make an appearance in the Dungeon!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - werepuppy - 12-10-2020

Congrats

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - davidd - 12-11-2020

[Image: december10.jpg]
10 December – It's been a while

I've been looking for budget Bratzillaz Yasmina for a number of months. She finally turned up today, stashed away in a storage tub in which she had no business being that was hidden behind several other tubs.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Alliecat - 12-11-2020

Storage-tub-hair don't care. She does kinda look like she's been sleeping quite a while. Or maybe not sleeping enough. And kind of like what I look like when I have to get up too early xp
These eBay "private offers" are something new. It must be automated if you are watching an item. I've never seen that big a discount. I think I got an offer for a dollar off something LOL

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - Loona - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 03:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Storage-tub-hair don't care. She does kinda look like she's been sleeping quite a while. Or maybe not sleeping enough. And kind of like what I look like when I have to get up too early xp
These eBay "private offers" are something new. It must be automated if you are watching an item. I've never seen that big a discount. I think I got an offer for a dollar off something LOL
I've just tried my hands at putting up a few things for sale on EvilBay (I've only ever sold there 2 or 3 times, and that was years ago), and while there *might* be an automated option, what I'm seeing so far is that the offer is something that you can send if you have watchers, and you can just write&send whatever amount you want the buyers to receive. Maybe the seller just wanted the figure gone (I hope this is the case, and not a typo!). I can't wait to see him arrive home in the dungeon!

And I must say, I love the name Playing Mantis! Such a clever one!

I wish my hair looked like Yasmina's when I wake up in the morning! Mine is sticking up and has a volume that I dislike, I wish it laid flat and smooth like hers does smile Her pants do look somewhat like PJs, and she herself sleepy smile I'm happy you finally managed to locate her - I swear some things have the ability to magically teleport from one place to another (and Yasmina does attend a magic school, doesn't she?), making it then super-difficult for you to locate them. I had that happen to me several times, and right now I also have dolls and things that are MIA in a similar manner. These too must be just in other places and boxes, but which to look at when all the logical ones have already been checked?! Aaaarghh, the frustration...